Hot Shower!

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Cdragon
Reactions:

Hot Shower!

Post by Cdragon »

After 10 days without power and the hot water heater deciding to give up the ghost when hit with said power, it took 3 days to get one installed and another day to get it working. But... :woohoo:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Sometimes you never know what is good until it is taken away.

Read More. Post Less.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

A few weeks ago we didn't have hot water for over a week. Warm, but not hot. Out dumb@$$ contractor tore out our bathroom for a reno, then AFTER he did it said he'd be back in 9 days to start putting stuff back together. Well, he put in the valve assembly for the shower and hooked up the water lines. He did some other plumbing the same day in the basement. That night we noticed no hot water. The dumb@$$ didn't put a cartridge in the valve, so hot and cold were mixing in the valve and the whole house didn't have hot water. Only one of several big mistakes he has done. In the process of trying to get rid of him, but covering our bases first.

For those in the Green Bay/Fox Valley area, NEVER go with Fox Cities Bath for anything.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Been a bad two weeks. Sunday night the side of my foot felt like it was stomped on by a horse. Had to hit a an urgent care Tuesday thinking I had a stress fracture or something. After the Xray the Doc said it was probably gout, combined with arthritis I didn't know had, and old damage. Of course hobbling around probably screwed up my back. Getting better though.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Glad to hear you're getting some semblance of "normal" back into your life, if only incrementally. I sincerely hope that trend continues.

As an aside, if there's one thing I learned while on deployments in the Army, it's that a hot shower is never too far away so long as there is sunshine and a water source. I traveled with a portable camping shower bag, or made my own, more times than I can count. They work like a champ.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Actually I thinking about the NYARNG and going straight into the field at Drum, for two weeks as the last time I went that long without a decent shower. Go Army.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Cdragon wrote:
10 Oct 2024 20:30
Been a bad two weeks. Sunday night the side of my foot felt like it was stomped on by a horse. Had to hit a an urgent care Tuesday thinking I had a stress fracture or something. After the Xray the Doc said it was probably gout, combined with arthritis I didn't know had, and old damage. Of course hobbling around probably screwed up my back. Getting better though.
I've been "blessed" with gout, too, and it's such a stupid, random condition. Random spot starts hurting for no reason a couple of times a year. Luckily I've been able to decrease the frequency by just avoiding the worst foods (easyish) and beer drinking (hard mode). Chicken skin is real bad, and sucks I can only eat hot wings rarely - I used to gobble those up all the time. Peas and mushrooms are a Finnish staple in autumn, but hardly daily fare. The other worst ones can be replaced or I'd eat them rarely anyways. Bright side: Drinking 5+ cups of coffee per day is recommended, and I love good coffee.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Cdragon wrote:
11 Oct 2024 20:22
Actually I thinking about the NYARNG and going straight into the field at Drum, for two weeks as the last time I went that long without a decent shower. Go Army.
LOL, if the Finnish military camps anywhere for a week, you will 100% find a field sauna there. Makes the cold wash actually nice. But then we have water and firewood easily at hand anywhere in Finland.