Atlanta Falcons: Most disappointing team in the NFL; most disappointing institution in modern society

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Bogey
Reactions:

Atlanta Falcons: Most disappointing team in the NFL; most disappointing institution in modern society

Post by Bogey »

As we look ahead to Monday night and after watching the Falcons in the 4th quarter the past 2 weeks:
Mike Tanier, Pro Football Network: Atlanta Falcons: Most disappointing team in the NFL; most disappointing institution in modern society Watching a Falcons game is like being a preteen child whose parents recently divorced, waiting for dad to come take you fishing for your birthday, getting two phone calls from dad swearing that he’s just running a little late, waiting all day on the porch with the tackle box in your hand and visions of stripers in your head, swearing through tearful eyes to mom that he’ll arrive any minute now when she calls you in for dinner, finally giving up to go cry in your room at sunset, and running outside when you hear his car pull up at bedtime to find that he is drunk and just came over to tell you that he never really wanted children. Then he runs over your dog as he pulls away.
Is Dan Quinn on the hot seat?
Dan Quinn should be exiled to an island in the Arctic Ocean. NFL Recap will be stunned if he’s still employed when you are reading this.
:rotf:
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

This is a dangerous game still. They’ve been close and blowing it but still very competitive. I still think we win but I can see this one being another high scorer.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

Dennard to ir

Might break our 2011 scoring record this season

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Willink wrote:
29 Sep 2020 16:53

Dennard to ir

Might break our 2011 scoring record this season
We need to see what the word is on Grady Jarrett. If he’s out we can do whatever we want on offense. I would run it every play if he’s not out there unless it’s 3rd/4th and 5 or greater.

Julio will be a big one as well. With him they are going to be tough to deal with. Without him you can just double Ridley and make anyone else try and beat you.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

They will surely put up points. Their offense is very good. Without Julio, they are solid, with Julio, they are dynamic. This could be a shootout.

I come into this game confident, but I have talked to several friends/fans that feel we cannot lose, and that is simply not the case. While their defense is brutal, we still have to execute, and have a few defensive stops/turnovers to win this game.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

They are a joke. After starting 0-3 with two straight humiliating losses, it's incredible they have not canned Dan Quinn, but I have to assume that his team is starting to lose faith in his leadership at this point and will begin phoning it in. If we hand him an L, that may be it for him.

My confidence in us handily beating them is tempered only by how 'well' our defense does at giving up explosive plays (that translate into points). So it will likely be a bit closer than it ought to be, but still, I don't have any real doubt we win this one.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Glanville: “Hey, Mississippi!”

Favre: “Hey, Coach, how are you doing?”

Glanville: “Call me Jerry.”

Favre: “O.K. Hey, Jerry.”

Glanville: “What school are you from, Mississippi?”

Favre: “Southern Miss.”

Glanville: “Aw, damn, we drafted the wrong guy. We wanted the guy from Mississippi State.”

“I was standing next to Brett,” says George Koonce, a rookie free-agent linebacker, “and I remember the look on his face was devastation.”

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

On a different train of thought .............. please don't forget the day the Falcons beat the Vikings in NFC Championship Game. The famous missed kick game.

GO PACK GO!

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

This game doesn't concern me in the least. Therefore, I'm concerned.

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
29 Sep 2020 18:51
On a different train of thought .............. please don't forget the day the Falcons beat the Vikings in NFC Championship Game. The famous missed kick game.

GO PACK GO!
No doubt the biggest choke job ever. Not just the kick, the vikings play calling, and Randall Cunningham suddenly forgetting how to be even a marginal QB.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

That d is a complete turd sammich. Packers should be able to score every drive. Not being cocky just need to stomp these pretenders

They have weapons on O but a way better match up then the saints imo. Good work for our cbs against their stud wrs. Their line is beat up and average. A good game for the pass rush to show up. 6 sack day. 2 or 3 turnovers.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Last time GB scored 40+ vs the Falcons - they rushed for 179, split between Eddie Lacy and James Starks, Jordy went off for 146

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 080gnb.htm

of course that's also the game where Julio had 259 yards...probably still the Lambeau record
IT. IS. TIME

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BSA wrote:
29 Sep 2020 22:54
Last time GB scored 40+ vs the Falcons - they rushed for 179, split between Eddie Lacy and James Starks, Jordy went off for 146

of course that's also the game where Julio had 259 yards...probably still the Lambeau record
That was such a fun game.

I was in a fantasy league where I was down 70 something points going into that one with Air Jordy and Julio Jones to go. I won!

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Sep 2020 16:35
This is a dangerous game still. They’ve been close and blowing it but still very competitive. I still think we win but I can see this one being another high scorer.
Of course. I only posted Tanier’s bit because it’s hilarious after watching Atlanta’s 4Q implosion 2 weeks on a row.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Bogey wrote:
29 Sep 2020 16:09
As we look ahead to Monday night and after watching the Falcons in the 4th quarter the past 2 weeks:
Mike Tanier, Pro Football Network: Atlanta Falcons: Most disappointing team in the NFL; most disappointing institution in modern society Watching a Falcons game is like being a preteen child whose parents recently divorced, waiting for dad to come take you fishing for your birthday, getting two phone calls from dad swearing that he’s just running a little late, waiting all day on the porch with the tackle box in your hand and visions of stripers in your head, swearing through tearful eyes to mom that he’ll arrive any minute now when she calls you in for dinner, finally giving up to go cry in your room at sunset, and running outside when you hear his car pull up at bedtime to find that he is drunk and just came over to tell you that he never really wanted children. Then he runs over your dog as he pulls away.
Is Dan Quinn on the hot seat?
Dan Quinn should be exiled to an island in the Arctic Ocean. NFL Recap will be stunned if he’s still employed when you are reading this.
Has Mike Tanier watched the Jets play over the past 30 plus years? Disappointing institution doesn't even begin to describe that franchise.
At least the Falcons made it to 2 superbowls. The Jets dream about making the playoffs at best.
How many top ten picks have they had in the past 10 or 12 years and how many stayed on that team after they're first contract expired?
Hell, how many were still in the NFL after 4 years?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BSA wrote:

I was at that game.

If I remember right too....Julio basically had all his production in the 2nd half. It was December 2014.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
30 Sep 2020 15:11
BSA wrote:

I was at that game.

If I remember right too....Julio basically had all his production in the 2nd half. It was December 2014.
I really remember this game like it was yesterday. Man, six years ago, already?!?! How time flies. That was also MNF.

Read More. Post Less.