Atlanta Falcons @ Green Bay Packers - GDT - 10/5 - 8:00 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Sep 2020 12:14
go pak go wrote:
30 Sep 2020 12:02
Those Rodgers stats are amazing.
Yeah. Its interesting though that hes only 16-13 indoors. Obviously hes the road team so theyve got home field advantage against him but damn are his numbers good but his win rate is low considering.
Unfortunately he had to play on a fast track with our often slow defense.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Didn't see it in here, but Falcons had to IR Dennard. So their defense will be even worse. Time for D to dial up the pressure. Should be easy enough win, but wouldn't be surprised to see another shootout.
RIP JustJeff

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

go pak go wrote:
30 Sep 2020 12:05
I thought this last year going to the Philly game and I think it again this year for the Atlanta game.

These games scare me. A lot. I don't think this one will be easy at all. But it's a conference game and all conference games are huge.
This is exactly what I was thinking about the Philly game last year. But, I'm doubting they let Kenny and Davantae play with the bye coming up.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I dunno, like of course they can win the game; like this is the NFL.

But we're playing a team with a bad defense and a terrible secondary again and I don't see any reason not to score 40 again. Their offense will get theirs but not THAT much of theirs.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

packman114 wrote:
01 Oct 2020 10:15
go pak go wrote:
I thought this last year going to the Philly game and I think it again this year for the Atlanta game.

These games scare me. A lot. I don't think this one will be easy at all. But it's a conference game and all conference games are huge.
This is exactly what I was thinking about the Philly game last year. But, I'm doubting they let Kenny and Davantae play with the bye coming up.
I don't know. Would have been really easy to IR Kenny if they were that concerned. I think if they are healthy enough to practice this week, they'll play. Watch the injury report, I guess, is what I think.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Albeit the players for Atlanta are nowhere near the level of LAC, SF, and Seattle.

But Atlanta plays the cover 3 defense that Rodgers has so much trouble against no?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
01 Oct 2020 12:12
Albeit the players for Atlanta are nowhere near the level of LAC, SF, and Seattle.

But Atlanta plays the cover 3 defense that Rodgers has so much trouble against no?
Yes and that is the exact problem with dan Quinn and his defense...he doesn’t have the players to pull it off.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

NCF wrote:
01 Oct 2020 10:19
packman114 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I don't know. Would have been really easy to IR Kenny if they were that concerned. I think if they are healthy enough to practice this week, they'll play. Watch the injury report, I guess, is what I think.
Yeah, I mean Clark was practicing last week. I think he'll play this week.

Not sure about Davante, although the fact that they let him test it pregame on Sunday must mean he isn't that far off either.

GB wants HFA; they aren't gonna mess around and sit healthy players just for the heck of it.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
01 Oct 2020 12:17
go pak go wrote:

Yes and that is the exact problem with dan Quinn and his defense...he doesn’t have the players to pull it off.
It's interesting though because different types of defenses (in terms of player makeup) has given Rodgers issues.

Seattle in the mid 2010's was more talented on the back end.
SF doesn't have a great secondary but an absolutely great front 7.
LAC has a great pass rusher and some pretty decent CBs but they aren't world beaters like the other teams above.

This is a good prep game I think for MLF on how to attack this type of defense.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
01 Oct 2020 12:40
NCF wrote:
01 Oct 2020 10:19
packman114 wrote:

Yeah, I mean Clark was practicing last week. I think he'll play this week.

Not sure about Davante, although the fact that they let him test it pregame on Sunday must mean he isn't that far off either.

GB wants HFA; they aren't gonna mess around and sit healthy players just for the heck of it.
Exactly and we talk about this every year. If a player is healthy enough to play, he plays.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
01 Oct 2020 12:49
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

It's interesting though because different types of defenses (in terms of player makeup) has given Rodgers issues.

LAC has a great pass rusher and some pretty decent CBs but they aren't world beaters like the other teams above.

Yeah, and Mike Zimmer "has Rodgers' number" too, right?

please. A terrible secondary is a terrible secondary and the Falcons have been one of the worst this year.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Oct 2020 12:56
go pak go wrote:
01 Oct 2020 12:49
Drj820 wrote:

Yeah, and Mike Zimmer "has Rodgers' number" too, right?

please. A terrible secondary is a terrible secondary and the Falcons have been one of the worst this year.
Yeah I mean the Seattle defense could be simple in scheme because it had the legion of boom, and plenty of talent up front also. I believe LAC has plenty of talent on defense also. Way above average secondary, good pass rush.

And the niners get to you so fast that they dont need a great secondary, but they still have Sherman. Who may not be what he was, but in his role..he still does a great job shutting down one third of the back end.

All those teams could have a simple scheme because they have players who do their jobs within the scheme and do them very well.

Atlanta wants to run a simple scheme and as soon as they have an injury or two, the replacement players cannot pull off the scheme. The scheme we are talking about requires very little weaknesses. Because if a zone is not covered well, or an offense has all day to find a soft spot in the zone, it can be attacked. Dan Quinns problem is he is trying to run a defense that he needs better players for, and he hasnt shown he can cook up anything adequate for the players he does have.

If the scheme didnt require a certain level of talent on Defense to pull off, everyone would run it each time they play the Packers.

We played this Defense at Lambeau 2 seasons ago the year MM got fired and put up 34 points. I expect the same plus more this time around.
Last edited by Drj820 on 01 Oct 2020 13:18, edited 1 time in total.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Rodgers vs Seattle Cover-3 in the playoffs: 16/27 243 yds 2 TDs and a 113 passer rating
MLF's game plan to attack Cover-3 staked the Packers to a 21-3 lead in the first half
9/14 on 3rd down

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 120gnb.htm
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Not loving the potential Lazard news. It really sucks the joy out of the fact that Adams and Clark are back! :banana:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

We are probably looking at 4 to 8 weeks for Lazard if it's a sport hernia.

That really sucks. Hopefully surgery is not required.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
01 Oct 2020 16:31

Where did you hear sports hernia?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
01 Oct 2020 16:33
go pak go wrote:
01 Oct 2020 16:31

Where did you hear sports hernia?
yay. I'm going get a lesson on and get to see multiple articles of how my correlation of core muscle injury to sports hernia is incorrect. :surrender:

https://sportscare1.com/sports-hernia/# ... 0the%20hip.
image.png
image.png (51.79 KiB) Viewed 307 times
image.png
image.png (32.74 KiB) Viewed 307 times
Yoop wrote: