Houston vs Pack

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Houston vs Pack

Post by Pugger »

It is time to put that disaster from Sunday in Tampa in the rear view mirror. Let's talk about the Texans instead.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The last time someone on this forum besides NCF or BF004 set up a Game Day Thread (it was me), the Packeres lost 38 to 10.

I don't want to risk that again. We need them to make a GDT. :lol:

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
21 Oct 2020 13:11
The last time someone on this forum besides NCF or BF004 set up a Game Day Thread (it was me), the Packeres lost 38 to 10.

I don't want to risk that again. We need them to make a GDT. :lol:

I kinda figured seeing I haven't started a GDT in eons I might help secure the W. ;)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Maybe Betty hasn't started a GDT since the 2009 season. :shock:

:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Texans have had to have had the hardest schedule so far in 2020. It has been absolutely brutal.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

The Texans are not as bad as their record shows, but I know, you are what your record is.

This team will put up points on us. Rodgers should have free will against their secondary, but they seem to be stout against the run. Watson scares me.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
21 Oct 2020 14:04
Maybe Betty hasn't started a GDT since the 2009 season. :shock:

:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
Who's Betty?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Packfntk wrote:
21 Oct 2020 14:59
The Texans are not as bad as their record shows, but I know, you are what your record is.

This team will put up points on us. Rodgers should have free will against their secondary, but they seem to be stout against the run. Watson scares me.
Yes, scrambling QBs like Watson give us fits. :?

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

This game is Houston's season. A loss and they are done. I expect them to play like its the playoffs. The packers should also.

Their d is not good. Worse then ours. The goal should be a 40 burger plus some. I dont think bak will play. Maybe they try jenkins out there??????

Got to get to watson. A good week to get our pressure numbers up.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I'm glad this isn't the first week after firing O'Brien.

Teams after the week after a HC firing always seem to play really really well. e.g., Joe Philbin.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
22 Oct 2020 10:18
Teams after the week after a HC firing always seem to play really really well.
beware the Dead Cat Bounce

In finance, a dead cat bounce is a small, brief recovery in the price of a declining stock. Derived from the idea that "even a dead cat will bounce if it falls from a great height", the phrase, which originated on Wall Street, is also popularly applied to any case where a subject/team experiences a brief resurgence following a severe decline.
IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BSA wrote:
22 Oct 2020 10:37
BF004 wrote:
22 Oct 2020 10:18
Teams after the week after a HC firing always seem to play really really well.
beware the Dead Cat Bounce

In finance, a dead cat bounce is a small, brief recovery in the price of a declining stock. Derived from the idea that "even a dead cat will bounce if it falls from a great height", the phrase, which originated on Wall Street, is also popularly applied to any case where a subject/team experiences a brief resurgence following a severe decline.
Romeo already screwed us once. He's not gonna get this one.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
22 Oct 2020 08:01
This game is Houston's season. A loss and they are done. I expect them to play like its the playoffs. The packers should also.

Their d is not good. Worse then ours. The goal should be a 40 burger plus some. I dont think bak will play. Maybe they try jenkins out there??????

I have it on a reliable source that Bak will be out several weeks. Injury is not season ending.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lulu wrote:
22 Oct 2020 17:53
Backthepack4ever wrote:

I have it on a reliable source that Bak will be out several weeks. Injury is not season ending.
I am hoping he can be back for the 49ers game.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lulu wrote:
Backthepack4ever wrote:

Does this source say what kind if injury Bak is dealing with?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Is this the lowest energy we on this board have had for a game?

Just no activity this week or no real or actual discussion about the Texans beyond the cliché, "they're better than their record."

I mean I am guilty of it too. But just an observation I have made.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

It's a game we will win!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
23 Oct 2020 00:55
lulu wrote:
Backthepack4ever wrote:

Does this source say what kind if injury Bak is dealing with?
Yeah, lulu, spill the beans.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
23 Oct 2020 08:31
Is this the lowest energy we on this board have had for a game?

Just no activity this week or no real or actual discussion about the Texans beyond the cliché, "they're better than their record."

I mean I am guilty of it too. But just an observation I have made.
I wonder if a lot of us are leery of showing any confidence after what happened in Tampa? Everyone thought we would win but we got embarrassed like we did in SF last year. That can throw a lot of cold water on anybody's enthusiasm.