Houston vs Pack

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Our opponent was a team in disarray, so I still need to see a little more from certain positions and this game alone will not sell me on anything.

That said, beating up on bad teams is still kind of a prerequisite to being a good team, so... :beer2:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
25 Oct 2020 17:05
Our opponent was a team in disarray, so I still need to see a little more from certain positions and this game alone will not sell me on anything.

That said, beating up on bad teams is still kind of a prerequisite to being a good team, so... :beer2:
I mean we will be saying this until the final game in February.

I am overjoyed on this game. That was a brutally injured squad coming into this game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
25 Oct 2020 17:00
No &%$@, look at the cowardice comments on pages on and 2 of this thread, yeah we clearly exceeded expectations and do well. D was great, should have held them to 13 if could have finished the game off. They even held strong after the onside kick.

D was great. Always great if you hold them to 0 at half and allow our offense to control the game.
My page 2 analysis was that we are missing a lot of pieces, and we are missing enough pieces to cost most teams a victory, but that if we roll on the Texans it shows me we bounce back well and are resilient.

After the game I’m pleased to say we bounced back well and showed resiliency.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
25 Oct 2020 17:07
Labrev wrote:

I am overjoyed on this game. That was a brutally injured squad coming into this game.
Not me. Most NFL teams are tough. The Texans look like their season is pretty much already over.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
25 Oct 2020 17:16
go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Not me. Most NFL teams are tough. The Texans look like their season is pretty much already over.
I don't get what you're implying here. You say most NFL teams and then say these guys basically aren't tough.

You have to put these types of teams away and this team did that in the first half. We didn't give them a chance of hope. This is a talented team that can get going and we didn't allow that to happen.

Only thing I am mad at is we didn't hold em to 13.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Oct 2020 14:23
Wagner sucks
JJ can make a lot of tackles look foolish...

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Oct 2020 14:59
Garbage time TD, annoying.
Garbage time TDs don't bother me at all. I have a feeling a lot of the time defenses change their tactics and that is why offenses "look" good in these situations.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

texas wrote:
25 Oct 2020 15:51
This is one of those 3-4 games every year that I will totally forget by next season (due to us winning so easily). Solid rebound from last week!
IMO for the team to come out focused and playing this well - on the road - after that mess in Tampa tells me a lot about this team this year. 8-)

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Yes, when you consider how many of our starters were out to win like this on the road is pretty sweet.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Any word on Barnes injury?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Aj Dillon did a little less with his limited opportunities than I was hoping for to be honest.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Whether with the packers or somewhere else, Jamaal Williams looks like a lock to be contributing to a team next year after somewhat of a payday.

Not sure that was an almost certain thing a few months ago.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Oct 2020 19:47
Aj Dillon did a little less with his limited opportunities than I was hoping for to be honest.
He needs game reps to learn. Too early to be concerned.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

Saw some troubling things in the latter stages of the game. D backs playing off the line past the 1st down line to make and asking a LB to cover a receiver. Has not worked in the past and will not in the future.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Oct 2020 19:51
Whether with the packers or somewhere else, Jamaal Williams looks like a lock to be contributing to a team next year after somewhat of a payday.

Not sure that was an almost certain thing a few months ago.
I mean Williams is good but he isn’t going to get anything crazy and I think whoever signs him he will still be in a committee role. He’s too limited of an athlete.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The Packers did what they needed to do against a bad team. They exceeded my expectations given the extensive list of injuries. Rodgers did what Rodgers normally does to mediocre defenses. Adams was dominant. I’m still not sure why teams don’t try to take him away given the lack of skill for the rest of the receivers. The offensive line was dominant. They struggled a bit running the ball but protection was very good. Blitz pickup was great from the backs after being probably the worst I’d ever seen last week.

The defense was pretty good. The pass rush was getting there an ascending line and they controlled the LOS well enough. Coverage was very good outside of garbage time and the one drive Greene was getting abused.

I don’t think there’s too much to take from this one besides they really need Lazard back and soon. The fact that no one else could get open much and when they did they couldn’t catch is alarming for sure.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Next up is the Vikings followed by a short week Thursday night game against the 9ers. I think we should do the same thing and rest the guys banged up another week to make sure theyre good to go for what was the biggest game left that isnt a divisional game. The Vikings are finished and have nothing to offer in the pass rush department and their defense as a whole is trash juice. Should be an easy win.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Rodgers is Godgers against weaker D's, but he's mediocre against good ones. That GB doesn't find a solution since a whopping decade is a real mystery to me and maybe the main issue of why most of us feel kind of meh about this win. Therefore we need a trade - either to give #12 a new weapon or to make our D better. This is a good Packers team, they could win the big price, but a key aquisition from one of those teams that already plan for next season would skyrock our chances.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

No. no. no.

Let's get one thing clear. Rodgers was NOT Godgers vs. Houston.

He missed a lot of throws. He's lucky one of em wasn't picked.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Oct 2020 22:11
I don’t think there’s too much to take from this one besides they really need Lazard back and soon. The fact that no one else could get open much and when they did they couldn’t catch is alarming for sure.
I still think we could use a savvy slot WR. Randall Cobb abused us yesterday doing really, really simple things that no one on our team is capable of outside of Adams.

Read More. Post Less.