Houston vs Pack

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I thought it was Sternberger too, but you can clearly see Sterny staying in to block.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
26 Oct 2020 12:59
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
26 Oct 2020 12:54
BF004 wrote:
26 Oct 2020 11:49

Triple teaming T-unyon 6 yards behind the LOS, bold strategy.
I'm pretty sure that's Sternberger. :dunno:
It's Shepherd on the end around action.
Sure enough

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

BF004 wrote:
25 Oct 2020 15:15
go pak go wrote:
25 Oct 2020 15:14
So Raven Greene and Krys Barnes are the ones who look like the most at risk to worry about from today.
And lord are they both two of most important on D
You aren't kidding, This might sound silly considering guys like ZaDarius and Clark are out there, Greene might be the most important player on the D. Without him this defense struggles to be average.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Packers defense is slightly improving.

Yards per game - 11th in the league at 350 yards per game.
Passing Yards - 18th in the league at 240 yards per game.
Rushing Yards - 12th in the league at 110 yards per game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Not noticing much of a difference in the secondary play this week with Savage out, is kind of a negative on Savage. But he is just in year two, hopefully he takes a leap soon once healthy. It would help this D out a lot!
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

14th in scoring
15th in scores per drive %
16th in 3rd down %
32nd in Total Pressures :shock: (31st in pressure % ahead of the Bengals by 0.1%)
25% in blitz %
31st in turnovers per drive (Dallas is 32nd)
29th in takeaways (4)
29th in penalties
23rd in 1st downs given by penalty

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Oct 2020 14:05
Not noticing much of a difference in the secondary play this week with Savage out, is kind of a negative on Savage. But he is just in year two, hopefully he takes a leap soon once healthy. It would help this D out a lot!
My gripe with Savage is he doesn't learn from mistakes. Keeps falling for the first move and has to play catch-up. Lots of people on here say Amos has played so-so. But at least he's assignment sure.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This is a top 10 defense if we get our turnovers and pressures to where they need to be. And pressures tend to lead to turnovers.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Christo wrote:
26 Oct 2020 14:24
Drj820 wrote:
My gripe with Savage is he doesn't learn from mistakes. Keeps falling for the first move and has to play catch-up. Lots of people on here say Amos has played so-so. But at least he's assignment sure.
thats a good point. Hopefully he will improve in that area. I agree that Amos does his job most of the time. He doesnt Wow us often, and he isnt much of a "Playmaker", but I agree that he is assignment sure, tackles pretty well, and can help in run support. Seems to be sort of low ceiling, high floor. So basically compared to what we have had in the past at Safety, He is a big upgrade!
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Player of the game right here given expectations going in

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Not saying he has played to that level all year, but he has definitely had a good season thus far. Year 2 in the system doing wonders for him.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 26 Oct 2020 16:04, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

BF004 wrote:
26 Oct 2020 15:27

Player of the game right here given expectations going in
I know this is blasphemy, but if Turner can show he can hold his own at left tackle, Bak might not get a new contract with the Pack.
He's going to cost a boatload and some hard decisions have to be made. Between him and Linsley, they can't keep both. They might even lose both.
Even if they can rework contracts and release someone to save money, not sure that can solve the cap space.

Between the big 4, Bak, Jones, King and Linsley. it will be hard to keep 2 of them, Maybe only one if they resign Bak.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Christo wrote:
26 Oct 2020 15:45
I know this is blasphemy, but if Turner can show he can hold his own at left tackle, Bak might not get a new contract with the Pack.
He's going to cost a boatload and some hard decisions have to be made. Between him and Linsley, they can't keep both. They might even lose both.
Even if they can rework contracts and release someone to save money, not sure that can solve the cap space.

Between the big 4, Bak, Jones, King and Linsley. it will be hard to keep 2 of them, Maybe only one if they resign Bak.
Turner has to show he can do it consistently, after teams have film on him as LT. Sometimes a OT can do fine in one game, and then opponents break down their game and attack any weaknesses. It's the LTs who have no weaknesses and don't have to be given help who earn the big bucks.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

PFF TEAM OF THE WEEK

Offense

QB: Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
RB: Chase Edmonds, Arizona Cardinals
WR: Davante Adams, Green Bay Packers
WR: Tyler Lockett, Seattle Seahawks
TE: Harrison Bryant, Cleveland Browns
FLEX: Rashard Higgins, Cleveland Browns
LT: Garett Bolles, Denver Broncos
LG: Laken Tomlinson, San Francisco 49ers
C: Corey Linsley, Green Bay Packers
RG: Lucas Patrick, Green Bay Packers
RT: Bobby Hart, Cincinnati Bengals

Defense

DI: Poona Ford, Seattle Seahawks
DI: William Gholston, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
EDGE: T.J. Watt, Pittsburgh Steelers
EDGE: Brandon Graham, Philadelphia Eagles
LB: Azeez Al-Shaair, San Francisco 49ers
LB: Vince Williams, Pittsburgh Steelers
CB: Bashaud Breeland, Kansas City Chiefs
CB: Jamar Taylor, San Francisco 49ers
S: Daniel Sorensen, Kansas City Chiefs
S: Jordan Poyer, Buffalo Bills
FLEX D: Marcus Maye, New York Jets

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Oct 2020 14:31
Christo wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
thats a good point. Hopefully he will improve in that area. I agree that Amos does his job most of the time. He doesnt Wow us often, and he isnt much of a "Playmaker", but I agree that he is assignment sure, tackles pretty well, and can help in run support. Seems to be sort of low ceiling, high floor. So basically compared to what we have had in the past at Safety, He is a big upgrade!
Amos finally had a good game. Though he still could have had a pick.

But Amos has not had a good 2020. He has sucked. He has taken horrible angles and has been responsible for most of the opponents huge runs. He also has allowed some pretty big pass plays. Gronk lit him up. He had a good play vs Atlanta.

Yesterday was Amos's best game which we and he needed.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Christo wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Yeah I try not to be too harsh on Savage as I think missing a real TC hurts all 2nd year players compared to how they would normally improve. I still believe he was over drafted and wasn’t worth trading up for. I liked him coming out but I thought he was an early 2nd round pick. He’s just not physical enough to be a good defender. He’s small and he plays like it. His tackling is really bad and he tentative to get in on gang tackles which pisses me off more than anything when I’m watching defenders.

Savage has to make his bread as a coverage safety and he’s so aggressive which isn’t a bad thing but he leaves his CBs out to dry in zones a lot. Like I said not having a camp really hurt Savage because he needs to work on his route recognition and learn what he can get away with and can’t. He’s definitely not a Collins though. Collins was a thick defender that could tackle pretty well. Savage really needs to bulk up another 10 pounds IMO. Otherwise he just won’t cut it as a tackler.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

BF004 wrote:
26 Oct 2020 16:19
PFF TEAM OF THE WEEK

Offense

QB: Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
RB: Chase Edmonds, Arizona Cardinals
WR: Davante Adams, Green Bay Packers
WR: Tyler Lockett, Seattle Seahawks
TE: Harrison Bryant, Cleveland Browns
FLEX: Rashard Higgins, Cleveland Browns
LT: Garett Bolles, Denver Broncos
LG: Laken Tomlinson, San Francisco 49ers
C: Corey Linsley, Green Bay Packers
RG: Lucas Patrick, Green Bay Packers
RT: Bobby Hart, Cincinnati Bengals

Defense

DI: Poona Ford, Seattle Seahawks
DI: William Gholston, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
EDGE: T.J. Watt, Pittsburgh Steelers
EDGE: Brandon Graham, Philadelphia Eagles
LB: Azeez Al-Shaair, San Francisco 49ers
LB: Vince Williams, Pittsburgh Steelers
CB: Bashaud Breeland, Kansas City Chiefs
CB: Jamar Taylor, San Francisco 49ers
S: Daniel Sorensen, Kansas City Chiefs
S: Jordan Poyer, Buffalo Bills
FLEX D: Marcus Maye, New York Jets
Alright Lucas!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I thought it was really telling that when Krys Barnes was in the game the first half, the Packers allowed 0 points.

When Barnes went out on the first play of the series to open the 3rd quarter, the Texans drove down all the way and a lot of that was due to Summers not reading the plays properly to make the stops.

After that horrible drive by Summeres, the Packers put in Kamal Martin and the Packers were like a whole new team. The Packers for the next quarter and a half only allowed 6 points and that includes the Texans getting the ball with some short fields, especially starting at the +20 on the blocked punt. The Packers offense also couldn't have played worse and therefore gave multiple cracks at the whip to Watson. The Packers defense couldn't have played any better in that stretch.

Then when the game was out of hand, the Packers took Martin out of the game and re-inserted Ty Summers and once again the Texans scored a TD.

Hopefully Barnes just has a stinger again and is okay. But also hopefully they get Martin more playing time this week. I think there is a lot for us to be excited with Martin and Barnes being two active and healthy ILBs for us.

Also, yesterday was Kenny Clark's best game this year. He still only played around 65% of the snaps and that is a good thing. There was a lot of Adams/Keke yesterday and they did a great job. This front 7 might be turning a corner of which I am very excited.

Kamal Martin is just so tall and fast. Noticeably faster than Barnes who has fantastic awareness.
Yoop wrote:

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

salmar80 wrote:
26 Oct 2020 16:08
Christo wrote:
26 Oct 2020 15:45

Turner has to show he can do it consistently, after teams have film on him as LT. Sometimes a OT can do fine in one game, and then opponents break down their game and attack any weaknesses. It's the LTs who have no weaknesses and don't have to be given help who earn the big bucks.
Yes, you're correct, but if the money isn't there, not much can be done. If Bak gets to free agency, somebody is going to throw a big contract his way.
What's the going rate for a top notch LT? 18 or 20 million a year.
Same goes for King. Pretty sure he gets a deal from some team at the 12 to 14 range if he stays healthy.
Not sure what the going rate is for centers. But whoever the highest paid is, Linsley is going to get close to that price.