Viking week - GDT

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Injury situation is the same as yesterday.

Both Holton Hill and Mike Hughes DNPs again today for MN.

Both Aaron Jones and Kevin King DNPs again today for GB.

I can't imagine Kevin going until JAX at the earliest. Aaron Jones is getting a little concerning. Definitely not likely to play Sunday.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I have a feeling Zimmer will do everything in his power to not let Adams beat him. Adams has basically had 3 full games this year and 2 of them were the 13 catches and 190 yards kind.

EQ is now in his third game. He has his sea legs under him and I don't expect Lazard to go yet. This is the opportunity game for EQ to get things rolling with Rodgers. Their secondary is banged up. Their pass rush is non-existent. Get Q on the field and let's start getting that chemistry going.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

go pak go wrote:
30 Oct 2020 06:56
I have a feeling Zimmer will do everything in his power to not let Adams beat him. Adams has basically had 3 full games this year and 2 of them were the 13 catches and 190 yards kind.

EQ is now in his third game. He has his sea legs under him and I don't expect Lazard to go yet. This is the opportunity game for EQ to get things rolling with Rodgers. Their secondary is banged up. Their pass rush is non-existent. Get Q on the field and let's start getting that chemistry going.
I think he will try blitzing like crazy at least to start. They are going to have to take chances to make some stops. They'll need some 3 and outs and turnovers to win a shoot out. Should be able to hurt them with some free plays but when they take chances we should be able to break some big plays. Hang on to the ball and get 7's instead of 3's and we should win this pretty easy.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Getting it from both ends of our schedule now.

Read More. Post Less.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

BF004 wrote:
28 Oct 2020 16:42
Given the likely won’t again play single high to stop the run after last game, and their slew of injuries. I would really like to see them find way to get ball to AJ Dillon in space and make that random squad of beat up, inexperienced corners meet up with AJ Dillon with a full head of steam in that blistery Wisconsin weather.

Supposed to be high in the mid 30’s and windy.

Also random note, Sunday ends daylight savings time, so enjoy your extra hour of sleep, this game will ‘feel’ like a 1pm CST game.
I hope to see more of, and more from, AJ. I was a bit underwhelmed with him last week. Seemed to be strictly a north and south kind of runner, no wiggle.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

lulu wrote:
30 Oct 2020 13:16
BF004 wrote:
28 Oct 2020 16:42
Given the likely won’t again play single high to stop the run after last game, and their slew of injuries. I would really like to see them find way to get ball to AJ Dillon in space and make that random squad of beat up, inexperienced corners meet up with AJ Dillon with a full head of steam in that blistery Wisconsin weather.

Supposed to be high in the mid 30’s and windy.

Also random note, Sunday ends daylight savings time, so enjoy your extra hour of sleep, this game will ‘feel’ like a 1pm CST game.
I hope to see more of, and more from, AJ. I was a bit underwhelmed with him last week. Seemed to be strictly a north and south kind of runner, no wiggle.
With him you want him to be a north south type of runner. He needs to drop about 10 pounds to add some burst and fix his pad level when running. There’s no point in being a big back if you’re gonna run so upright. Get lower and gain some more power and leverage when he makes contact.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

If you were the Vikings this week, with no Aaron Jones playing and knowing the Packers other weapons, would you sell out and triple Davante Adams? I mean, they won't, but wouldn't you just do anything you can to stop him from torching you?
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Packfntk wrote:
30 Oct 2020 13:31
If you were the Vikings this week, with no Aaron Jones playing and knowing the Packers other weapons, would you sell out and triple Davante Adams? I mean, they won't, but wouldn't you just do anything you can to stop him from torching you?
If I was them I would stack the box and send 5 and 6 man pressure and double davante. Force whoever the other receivers are to beat you fast. If the pressure doesn’t get there at least you tried to help your secondary. But you you just sit back and play coverage with that defensive line coming after us they’re gonna get carved up.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Get up for Thursday, young man!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Boy I really hope Aaron Jones can go next week.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Oct 2020 13:40
Packfntk wrote:
30 Oct 2020 13:31
If I was them I would stack the box and send 5 and 6 man pressure and double davante. Force whoever the other receivers are to beat you fast. If the pressure doesn’t get there at least you tried to help your secondary. But you you just sit back and play coverage with that defensive line coming after us they’re gonna get carved up.
I would do the same thing. Make MVS, EQSB and Tonyan beat them.
Yoop wrote:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
28 Oct 2020 17:23
So like. Let's not let Kirksey being back hinder Barnes and Martin playing time.
Agree. Barnes is the best ILB we have had since Bishop

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

texas wrote:
31 Oct 2020 02:55
go pak go wrote:
So like. Let's not let Kirksey being back hinder Barnes and Martin playing time.
PFF hates Barnes with a grade currently of 47 and that’s with him being graded in the high 70s his first real week of playtime.

I do think Barnes is pretty decent but there’s a little bit of CM3 syndrome where we’ve seen such bad play at the position that even average play looks god like.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Oct 2020 07:24
texas wrote:
31 Oct 2020 02:55
go pak go wrote:
PFF hates Barnes with a grade currently of 47 and that’s with him being graded in the high 70s his first real week of playtime.

I do think Barnes is pretty decent but there’s a little bit of CM3 syndrome where we’ve seen such bad play at the position that even average play looks god like.
That's really interesting. They must have really hated his play after the bye week.

I would have never have guessed that.

How has PFF graded Patrick Queen so far?
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
28 Oct 2020 12:16
Who the hell am I facebook friends with then? :shock:

Big Packer fan from WI who lives in FL who frequents back to WI who is in an acapella group in FL.

Are there two of you? :lol:
I think I am the only one who fits that description here. :grin:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pugger wrote:
31 Oct 2020 09:05
BF004 wrote:

Big Packer fan from WI who lives in FL who frequents back to WI who is in an acapella group in FL.

[mention]BF004[/mention]

Are you confusing the old lady name (sorry, [mention]Pugger[/mention]) Betty with Peggy?

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NCF wrote:
31 Oct 2020 10:10
Pugger wrote:
31 Oct 2020 09:05
BF004 wrote:

@BF004

Are you confusing the old lady name (sorry, @Pugger) Betty with Peggy?
Or maybe Peggy really is Betty. Or vice versa... Or she has fooled us all and her real name is....gasp...Pugger!

We may never know!!!! :dunno:

:rotf:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

She is definitely a Betty on Facebook, lol.

Been friends with her for like 3-4 years now at least. 🤣

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

I'm Peggy who is a member of Sweet Adelines International. 8-)