Viking week - GDT

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So we got two Packers fans from Wisconsin who live in Florida and sings acapella.

One is name Peggy who is on this forum. And one is named Betty who wants to creep on BF004 on Facebook.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
31 Oct 2020 12:17
One is name Peggy who is on this forum. And one is named Betty who wants to creep on BF004 on Facebook.
So if Peggy = Pugger, then Betty = Bugger and BF004 is being bugged, but not pegged.

Meanwhile, we have a game tomorrow that's a rather important game in terms of keeping two streaks alive
Aiming for 9-0 in division and 4-0 vs minny at the start of MLF's Packer career - really pretty amazing when you think about it

Weather concerns knocked the Over/Under down from 56 to 50, that's a pretty big swing. Point spread at Packers - 6.5

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/matchups/
IT. IS. TIME

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BSA wrote:
31 Oct 2020 12:36
go pak go wrote:
So if Peggy = Pugger, then Betty = Bugger and BF004 is being bugged, but not pegged.

Meanwhile, we have a game tomorrow that's a rather important game in terms of keeping two streaks alive
Aiming for 9-0 in division and 4-0 vs minny at the start of MLF's Packer career - really pretty amazing when you think about it

Weather concerns knocked the Over/Under down from 56 to 50, that's a pretty big swing. Point spread at Packers - 6.5

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/matchups/
:lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Playmakers make plays

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Oct 2020 07:24
texas wrote:
31 Oct 2020 02:55
go pak go wrote:
28 Oct 2020 17:23
So like. Let's not let Kirksey being back hinder Barnes and Martin playing time.
Agree. Barnes is the best ILB we have had since Bishop
PFF hates Barnes with a grade currently of 47 and that’s with him being graded in the high 70s his first real week of playtime.

I do think Barnes is pretty decent but there’s a little bit of CM3 syndrome where we’ve seen such bad play at the position that even average play looks god like.
Good because I usually think PFF is full of &%$@.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

texas wrote:
31 Oct 2020 17:32
lupedafiasco wrote:
texas wrote:
31 Oct 2020 02:55

Agree. Barnes is the best ILB we have had since Bishop
PFF hates Barnes with a grade currently of 47 and that’s with him being graded in the high 70s his first real week of playtime.

I do think Barnes is pretty decent but there’s a little bit of CM3 syndrome where we’ve seen such bad play at the position that even average play looks god like.
PFF has definitely gotten worse since it’s gotten more popular. They rush their grades out now to the point where I know they aren’t grading every single play. I also think they’re a bit boded to believe good players make good plays and have higher grades and vise versa without knowing the context of the play or how the players are coached.

That being said I still stand by my original statement. I think Barnes is massively over rated amongst Packers fans. He’s looked pretty good but he doesn’t look like he’s much better than average. I wouldn’t call him a play making LB that’s for sure.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Oct 2020 17:36
texas wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

That being said I still stand by my original statement. I think Barnes is massively over rated amongst Packers fans. He’s looked pretty good but he doesn’t look like he’s much better than average. I wouldn’t call him a play making LB that’s for sure.
I think it has more to do with the entire defense, outside of Alexander has sucked and Barnes has really been the only bright spot outside of a few Z Smith plays.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
31 Oct 2020 18:02
lupedafiasco wrote:
texas wrote:

I think it has more to do with the entire defense, outside of Alexander has sucked and Barnes has really been the only bright spot outside of a few Z Smith plays.
Barnes may not be a star, but it is nice to see a ILB who can run decently well and isnt afraid to come up to the LOS and attack a ball carrier. Now the things i just mentioned are pretty much minimum requirements for most starting linebackers in the NFL, but like you mentioned...we havent been at that threshold much lately. Esp at the ILB2 position. So it is nice to see it, especially bc it was unexpected to come from him.

So currently i dont see a star, but i see a competent ILB...and thats a nice thing to see with my eyes when i watch the Packers play. Feels so rare.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

It is going to be absolute garbage today for the game.

Might have to throw like under 10 times, punt rarely and with a banged up Mason, maybe no field goals.

It is ridiculous out right now and looks like it’ll get worse by game time.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
So we got two Packers fans from Wisconsin who live in Florida and sings acapella.

Is/was this Betty a member of Sweet Adelines? I don't remember seeing posts by her.... :dunno:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
01 Nov 2020 05:57
It is going to be absolute garbage today for the game.

Might have to throw like under 10 times, punt rarely and with a banged up Mason, maybe no field goals.

It is ridiculous out right now and looks like it’ll get worse by game time.

Dear god, that forecast looks nasty! Now I remember why we moved down here after hubby retired. ;) 8-)

Is Crosby gonna try to play?

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

lupedafiasco wrote:
texas wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

PFF has definitely gotten worse since it’s gotten more popular. They rush their grades out now to the point where I know they aren’t grading every single play. I also think they’re a bit boded to believe good players make good plays and have higher grades and vise versa without knowing the context of the play or how the players are coached.

I haven't looked at their methodology for a while but they used to not grade a player on a particular play if they couldn't figure out his assignment. But they've been adding graders and rushing out grades for years now. And there was no adjustments for competition so a guy could play a bunch of jags and look great or get murderers row and look average.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Pugger wrote:
01 Nov 2020 05:59
go pak go wrote:

Is/was this Betty a member of Sweet Adelines? I don't remember seeing posts by her.... :dunno:
If you could only get your Doppleganger to do some chores you'd have it made. :beer2:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So today is a run the ball and short RB and WR screen passes type of day.

We don't have Aaron Jones and they likely will have Dalvin Cook. Big day for our run defense.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The weather has really leveled the playing field today because we now don't have a deep threat and the threat of Davante Adams has been greatly reduced.

This has made the Vikings chances pulling this out go way up. This really sucks.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I honestly think the weather nukes their pass game with little kirks arm, I’d imagine rodgers bullets will at least fair some better.

It does stink Jones is out, but if the game is gonna be about bruising the defense and Getting a few yards a carry in a grind it out game..Jamaal and Dillon seem like good weapons to bring to that fight to me!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
01 Nov 2020 07:19
I honestly think the weather nukes their pass game with little kirks arm, I’d imagine rodgers bullets will at least fair some better.

It does stink Jones is out, but if the game is gonna be about bruising the defense and Getting a few yards a carry in a grind it out game..Jamaal and Dillon seem like good weapons to bring to that fight to me!
So I was actually at the game at FedEx Field in 2016. The weather that day was very similar to what will be at Lambeau today. About 30's/40's and let me tell you. WINDY AS F*CK.

It was easily 40+ mph wind. The most miserable game I ever attended. I literally put on every piece of clothing I packed to cut that wind as much as possible. I am talking I even put on my dress cloths button down shirts because damnet it was another layer that the wind had to go through to get into my skin.

Everything about that night sucked. Including us finding how dirty Dan Snyder is by selling tickets to fans with an obstructive view. I could not believe there were actually seats where you could only see 60% of the field. But fortunately the stadium was only like 60% full because of how windy it was so we moved up top.

The whole point behind this story is we played Kirk Cousins that day. Aaron Rodgers did get going a little bit. But this was the last loss before the "I think we can run the table". Jared Cook had his first start.

But anyways, Kirk Cousins > Aaron Rodgers that day. I mean Cousins was on it. Especially that 2nd half. His throws were so beautiful that day and they just cut that wind. My level of respect was so high for Cousins after that game. Sort of a "you had to be there" type game to see just how good Cousins was.

Yoop wrote:

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

Destroy the vikings shame their fans and embarrass them. I can not wait to listen the post game viking whine line, heck I may just call in.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
01 Nov 2020 08:29
Drj820 wrote:
01 Nov 2020 07:19

So I was actually at the game at FedEx Field in 2016. The weather that day was very similar to what will be at Lambeau today. About 30's/40's and let me tell you. WINDY AS F*CK.

It was easily 40+ mph wind. The most miserable game I ever attended. I literally put on every piece of clothing I packed to cut that wind as much as possible. I am talking I even put on my dress cloths button down shirts because damnet it was another layer that the wind had to go through to get into my skin.

Everything about that night sucked. Including us finding how dirty Dan Snyder is by selling tickets to fans with an obstructive view. I could not believe there were actually seats where you could only see 60% of the field. But fortunately the stadium was only like 60% full because of how windy it was so we moved up top.

The whole point behind this story is we played Kirk Cousins that day. Aaron Rodgers did get going a little bit. But this was the last loss before the "I think we can run the table". Jared Cook had his first start.

But anyways, Kirk Cousins > Aaron Rodgers that day. I mean Cousins was on it. Especially that 2nd half. His throws were so beautiful that day and they just cut that wind. My level of respect was so high for Cousins after that game. Sort of a "you had to be there" type game to see just how good Cousins was.

I was at that Packers-Redskins game as well. And I agree Cousins had his A-game going that day. Respect the Redskins (or whatever WTF we're supposed to call them these days) fans for showing up to games under their seemingly endlessly dire circumstances (owner issues, stadium issues, stadium location issues, stadium parking fee issues, stadium parking lot issues). Once inside FedEx Field and sitting down in a non-obstructed view seat I think its a pretty decent place to watch an NFL game though. That being said .......... the weather that day was rough indeed. On that day the parking lot tailgating was almost impossible to handle even inside a tent-like structure that sort of blocked the wind. Overall a disgusting day to be at a Packers road game ......... as bad as the Packers-Bears game at Soldier Field in December 2007 when it was in the teens with 25+ mph winds all game long. Wind chill was below zero the entire game. Blustery was an understatement. Was a terrible Packers loss to sit through .......... breakfast was great, but after that it was all downhill. Favre looked like he was totally stunned by the weather. Got the finger from Bears fans too. What a blast :dunno:

Check this out: https://www.profootballarchives.com/wea ... fl230.html

GO PACK GO !! :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

James Jones saying the wind will be a problem. But both Cousins and Rodgers should still be able to sling the ball over the yard.
Yoop wrote: