Viking week - GDT

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
01 Nov 2020 15:15
Well there goes LaFleur’s perfect division record.

This was a common game with Seattle.

All sucks.

No reason to expect the d to stop the run on Thursday either
Fortunately the 49ers do not have a back like Cook.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:

All sucks.

Yep, to know exactly what is coming at you and still have 0 answer for it. Hell, less than 0. Pettine's answer to stopping the run is completely wrong. And how often did I see Preston Smith in coverage again? Too often. Even having him all the way outside. I know he sucks passing the rusher, but take him off the field. I know it isn't all Pettine, but he doesn't even use the pieces he has correctly.

I'm so pissed. Pissed beyond belief.
RIP JustJeff

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Big oof today.

Players looked like they took another week off.

We haven't had a ref screwjob in a while. Also, I would say if the defense sort of stays like this through the end of the year and we don't make the SB, I think time to let Pettine go. He's no Capers but he doesn't appear to be the answer either.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:

All sucks.

Yeah the opportunity for us here was insane. We could have had a ridiculous advantage on that 1 seed if we took care of our business because the rest of the NFC plays each other.

#1 seeds are really hard to get. We have only been it once in my fanhood life. Today ended it for a shot for 2020 too.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

texas wrote:
01 Nov 2020 15:21
Big oof today.

We haven't had a ref screwjob in a while. Also, I would say if the defense sort of stays like this through the end of the year and we don't make the SB, I think time to let Pettine go. He's no Capers but he doesn't appear to be the answer either.
Ref calls weren't great, but stuff wasn't egregious enough that we shouldn't have been able to overcome it.

And Capers just helped beat us.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

texas wrote:
01 Nov 2020 15:21
Big oof today.

Move on now.

Our roster is the best it's going to be in 2020. We won't have a better roster in 2021. This is our year. Move on now.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Only 22 (3 scores) put up on that defense. Passive defense with no answers to stop the run.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Today might be the first time ever where you really have to stop and ask yourself, given this Matt LaFleur team, with &%$@ on defense, would we be a better team if we played our home games in a dome??

Nothing about this football team seems better outdoors.

Read More. Post Less.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Defense obviously played bad. The 4th and 10 on that 1st drive in the 2nd half was the kicker. May have got lucky with a Cousins mistake if we had punted. Not a good feeling for Thursday night though. Looks like an 11-5 team right now.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pugger wrote:
01 Nov 2020 15:20
It's not the back. It's the defense and an opposing offense willing to run it, and run it, and run it. Honestly, Matt Nagy should be fired for not understanding how to beat us by now.

Read More. Post Less.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:
01 Nov 2020 15:25
Today might be the first time ever where you really have to stop and ask yourself, given this Matt LaFleur team, with &%$@ on defense, would we be a better team if we played our home games in a dome??

No, this offense can function outdoors. I wonder how different it would have been had Aaron Jones played? But to me the problem was we couldn't stop Cook. If you let a back get 163 yards you aren't gonna win a lot of games. Once MN could see we had no answer for that guy they just kept feeding him the rock.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
01 Nov 2020 15:28
Pugger wrote:
It's not the back. It's the defense and an opposing offense willing to run it, and run it, and run it. Honestly, Matt Nagy should be fired for not understanding how to beat us by now.
With the stable of backs they've had over the last few years, no kidding.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:
01 Nov 2020 15:28
Pugger wrote:
It appears the Bears have issues stopping the run today too.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Maybe the Seahawks will exhaust the niners today bc I doubt our Defenses bodies will have their bruises healed by Thursday
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I got really nervous by half when we MN tied us with having 2 possessions.

At that point we were behind the 8 ball and we had to have things go perfect.

They didn't. A few poor calls by the refs. Rodgers miss throws to Tonyan and Sternberger and drops by EQ.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pugger wrote:
01 Nov 2020 15:33
NCF wrote:

No, this offense can function outdoors. I wonder how different it would have been had Aaron Jones played? But to me the problem was we couldn't stop Cook. If you let a back get 163 yards you aren't gonna win a lot of games. Once MN could see we had no answer for that guy they just kept feeding him the rock.
Look, our defense is a big problem, but to me, in a shootout, another big problem is an offense that cannot take advantage of clear weaknesses on the opposing defense because of the weather conditions.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

What was most frustrating was this team just didn't look like it gave a sh*t. Rodgers is laughing with Vikings players when we are down by 14 and it's 3rd and 20.

It just feels like nobody cares. I love the loose attitude. But damnit this was a big game.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:
01 Nov 2020 15:41
Pugger wrote:
NCF wrote:

Look, our defense is a big problem, but to me, in a shootout, another big problem is an offense that cannot take advantage of clear weaknesses on the opposing defense because of the weather conditions.
Then why couldn't we run like they did?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pugger wrote:
01 Nov 2020 15:45
NCF wrote:
01 Nov 2020 15:41
Pugger wrote:

Then why couldn't we run like they did?
Are you serious? Because the Vikings have half of a respectful defense. How many $%@# tackles did Kendricks have?

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pugger wrote:
BF004 wrote:

All sucks.

Yeah but unfortunately our run defense plays for us every week.
Cancelled by the forum elites.