Viking week - GDT

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
01 Nov 2020 17:05
I may be in the minority, but this actually makes me more confident for Thursday.
I have no expectations for this team any longer until they prove me otherwise.

Like I said. Today just really, really took the winds out of my sails.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
I may be in the minority, but this actually makes me more confident for Thursday.
Yes, I think you are.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
01 Nov 2020 17:29
BF004 wrote:
I have no expectations for this team any longer until they prove me otherwise.

Like I said. Today just really, really took the winds out of my sails.
I still think we are better than a lot of teams we will play, but I am NOT pulling for the team that will lead the division if they win today.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
01 Nov 2020 16:56
DK Metcalf > Rashan Gary

:idn:
I would h e picked Jeffery Simmons at 12. That was a top 5 talent for sure knocked down by a late injury.

But in what world do you not take Metcalf there with the other first. Wouldn’t have even needed to trade up for it. Instead we move up for Savage who is starting to look like a really, really bad player.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I am not convinced Savage's underwhelming development is not a function of the D-Coord (and staff) being dog &%$@. This is a guy who has all the tools and is not in a position to fail with the pieces around him, and yet...

I mean, sure, it's possible the guy is just a bust, but I have a hard time believing it's that simple, and it's not the only questionable move they have made with the young talent they have been given (not giving Burks any reps in his rookie year, not having Jackson focus on being a boundary corner, etc.)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Pugger wrote:
01 Nov 2020 16:10
NCF wrote:
01 Nov 2020 15:46
Pugger wrote:
01 Nov 2020 15:45

Then why couldn't we run like they did?
Are you serious? Because the Vikings have half of a respectful defense. How many $%@# tackles did Kendricks have?
The Vikes do not have a great defense. Believe it or not ours is statistically better. We should have been able to run on these guys and with all of their secondary issues we should have been able to pass better than we did too.
Only scoring 14 on this beat up, average at best defense is a big fail.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Saints !! :aok:

pack power
Reactions:

Post by pack power »

At least the bears lost tonight. But
that still does not make me happy about are playing today

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

We are what we have been the last couple of years: a somewhat decent team that could beat bad teams, but would lose to good teams. Nothing changed. MLF is not a bit better than MM, and so isn't Pettine to Dom, and the same goes for Gute to TT. Of course it's only MLF's/Gute's second year, so the judgement isn't final (but in case of Pettine it is). My point is to show that change isn't always change for the good, often it's just change for nothing else than to have something changed.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

German_Panzer wrote:
01 Nov 2020 19:17
We are what we have been the last couple of years: a somewhat decent team that could beat bad teams, but would lose to good teams. Nothing changed. MLF is not a bit better than MM, and so isn't Pettine to Dom, and the same goes for Gute to TT. Of course it's only MLF's/Gute's second year, so the judgement isn't final (but in case of Pettine it is). My point is to show that change isn't always change for the good, often it's just change for nothing else than to have something changed.
Lefleur is miles ahead of McCarthy. Watch the offensive schemes. McCarthy got himself fired when he had similar talent. He has Rodgers playing much better too.

I’m not gonna defend Gute. He can find waiver talent, but his drafts have sucked overall.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Wow alot going on here and I get it what a bad loss. A div loss to a minny team that should have beat the Hawks among others. An I under selling a loss to a 1 win team. F no. I'm pissed pack played like crap and they did t deserve to win. The d scheme is crap. Worse then the personnel. MP I'm now convinced is lost.

Saying that we lost to a div rival that this was their sb. We have been there. Back against the wall counted out no chance bam..... Win the damn game.

Lets see what this team is made of. Short week to SF. If they win this is forgiven. &%$@ happens. Sf is beat up and in shambles. Good yes... Beatable hell yes. Get that dub. If they lose a close one I think we are still ok bit I'm worried..... If we lay an egg.. I'll agree its over

To the draft. I was the biggest simmons fan and it wasnt close. I also dogged Gary... Look it up. I warmed to Gary but damn simmons is a monster

Thursday night. Gpg.

27 pack
24. Them.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I agree with you that some are over valuing this loss. The Vikings do have a bad record, but they lost to two really good teams by one point, and beat us. I agree that they are not as bad as many of us had them pegged to be.

(That doesn’t excuse our play, just saying it’s not like they are the jags or Texans imo)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This Vikings team is a shell of the Vikings team that lost close ones to Seattle and Tennessee.

It'd be like Kabien Ento playing for our secondary they are so banged up.

Yeah. This was a bad loss. A division loss. A conference loss. A common opponent loss. A home loss. 2 losses in 3 weeks.

If we go 14-2 or 13-3 I will forgive it.

But this is exactly the type of loss that forces us to be a 3 to 5 seed and then we lose on the road in January and say, "if only we were at home"
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
01 Nov 2020 17:40
BF004 wrote:
Yes, I think you are.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
01 Nov 2020 15:44
What was most frustrating was this team just didn't look like it gave a sh*t. Rodgers is laughing with Vikings players when we are down by 14 and it's 3rd and 20.

It just feels like nobody cares. I love the loose attitude. But damnit this was a big game.
Yeah this was pretty big today imo. I'm not mad though, we usually have 3 or so games like this per year. Guys need a break every now and then, no big deal unless we're going for an undefeated season

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

German_Panzer wrote:
01 Nov 2020 19:17
Disagree.

Pettine > Dom (but still needs to vastly improve or be fired)
LaFleur > MM (since 2014)
BG >> TT (since 2010)

2006-2010 TT was way ahead of BG, but that might have been because we had 4 future top 10 GMs on the same staff. Also I want to say 2009-2014 MM has to get the nod over MLF for now (unless MLF takes us to a SB of course).

We had great guys leading our team. They just got complacent/old.

I'm just not concerned about today, at all. This team loves to take random weeks off. They always bring it when it matters.That doesn't mean we don't occasionally still get blown off the field when it matters, but when we do, it isn't because the guys aren't taking it seriously.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Labrev wrote:
01 Nov 2020 18:19
I am not convinced Savage's underwhelming development is not a function of the D-Coord (and staff) being dog &%$@. This is a guy who has all the tools and is not in a position to fail with the pieces around him, and yet...

I mean, sure, it's possible the guy is just a bust, but I have a hard time believing it's that simple, and it's not the only questionable move they have made with the young talent they have been given (not giving Burks any reps in his rookie year, not having Jackson focus on being a boundary corner, etc.)
I'm with you 100%. If the Vikings had told the Packers where they were going to run the ball, Pettine's defense couldn't have stopped them.
He has said multiple times, he's focused on pass coverage. Stopping the run is an afterthought. In fact, I don't even think he considerers it.
After watching the Vikings pound the Dline, don't see how the 49ers can lose against this high school defense.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
01 Nov 2020 21:49
This Vikings team is a shell of the Vikings team that lost close ones to Seattle and Tennessee.

Yeah. This was a bad loss. A division loss. A conference loss. A common opponent loss. A home loss. 2 losses in 3 weeks.

But this is exactly the type of loss that forces us to be a 3 to 5 seed and then we lose on the road in January and say, "if only we were at home"
eh Idk, i mean its not like we were fully loaded either. We were missing a starting corner that is pretty good in run support, a star RB, star LT, our WR2, and Raven Greene who looks decent in run support. I think the Vikings are better than their record and better than say a texans, jags, or Giants. Basically they are a team capable of doing what they did to a team like us. Now we should have played better, and whipped them...but i dont see it as some historically embarrassing loss.

For instance like the 2018 loss to the Cardinals.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

go pak go wrote:
01 Nov 2020 21:49

Tell that to the rams or more so the Titans. I get it. It was bad. It stings. We sucked. Its a strange year. Got to move forward no use in being sour. 2010 wasnt pretty. I'm not at all saying this is the same but it was a clucker in the div.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I guess i just think multiple things can be true:

1. Gutey has had 3 drafts and not many of the players he drafted are helping this team win.

2. Pettine is nauseatingly passive and doesnt seem to be interested in stopping the run.

3. The defensive personnel is not equipped to stop the run without focusing on it. Pretty soft up front overall.

4. Like many of us said after the TB game...we are a good team, we are not an elite world beating team.

5. We are a front running team. If we can get a lead and force our opponents to throw the ball, we are very good.

6. We havent shown ourselves to respond very well to getting punched in the mouth. We seem to fold under intense adversity.

7. Although not perfect, Rodgers is having a good year.

8. Lefleur has bada** schemes.

9. I think the offense is outperforming its talent most weeks, a true WR2 will be needed against teams that have an elite corner that can slow down Adams.

10. We abandoned the run today after we went down 21-14. We got inpatient. That was unfortunate. If we keep pounding it ourselves and tie the game 21-21 we might have won.

11. Felt like the feel of the game was "Who is gonna flinch first", and throwing the ball 4 straight times down 21-14 and turning the ball over on downs was when we lost the game.

12. The packers will beat alot of average and bad teams, and win plenty of games. Playoff team..for sure.

13. The packers are in a division fight because like the bears, the packers have weaknesses that good teams will exploit.

14. Its hard to win multiple games without a starting corner, star LT, and star RB.

15. This is a weird year, if we just get to the dance we may can make magic happen.

16. We arent a favorite to make the ultimate magic happen, because other teams are miles ahead of us in fire power including Seattle, KC, and TB. I also think the Rams are a bad matchup for us.

17. Im happy the season is being played, this is a fun year and if we can respond well to getting punched in the mouth..all of our goals are in front of us.

18. The gifts TT left us that are still on the roster wont be here forever, and we cant pay them all...Gutey needs to learn to draft or he is about to start getting exposed.