Viking week - GDT

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Guess I'd rather have the win over SF vs. the win over Minny if we only get one.

Helps the 'ol strength of victory tiebreaker. :P

Plus 9ers are 4-4, if we can knock them to 4-5, in that division, I would say it is likely they won't make the playoffs.

Pretty sure no one wants any part of them, even if its in GB with fans in January.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

NCF wrote:
02 Nov 2020 08:09
Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Nov 2020 08:07
This was a classic, looking past your opponent game. Before the game, Lafleur in his interview was asked about the guys that were out. For every single one Jones, King, Bakhtiari, and Greene, he mentioned how they were looking to get them back for Thursday's game. He didn't say that they were not quite ready or something along those lines, he specifically mentioned Thursday's game. They were not ready to play that game.
I think there is a part of that, yes, but I don't buy it as the sole explanation.
And I say that specifically because I truly believe, with the mini-Bye after the 49ers game, more of those guys continue to sit than actually play.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Still the current 2 seed as of now with tie-breaker over NO who has the tiebreaker with TB, all 5-2.

TB plays tonight against the Giants, so I would expect us to drop to the 3 seed and TB jump up to 2.

Also, Chicago at 5-3 is now in the number 8 seed spot losing out to the 5-3 Rams based off head to head, and the 3-4-1 iggles are the 4th seed.

1. :seahawks:

2. :rams: @ :packers:

3. :buccaneers: @ :saints:

4. :cardinals: @ :eagles:

We really the saddest #2 seed team ever :lol: Many teams would be pretty excited about being the #2 seed, we lose a 1 score game that we were in position to win, and we are having lengthy discussions about firing GM's and defensive coordinators mid season.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
02 Nov 2020 08:11
NCF wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
This was a classic, looking past your opponent game. Before the game, Lafleur in his interview was asked about the guys that were out. For every single one Jones, King, Bakhtiari, and Greene, he mentioned how they were looking to get them back for Thursday's game. He didn't say that they were not quite ready or something along those lines, he specifically mentioned Thursday's game. They were not ready to play that game.
I think there is a part of that, yes, but I don't buy it as the sole explanation.
And I say that specifically because I truly believe, with the mini-Bye after the 49ers game, more of those guys continue to sit than actually play.
I would bet 3 out of 4 of those guys plays on Thursday.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Nov 2020 08:19
NCF wrote:
NCF wrote:

I would bet 3 out of 4 of those guys plays on Thursday.
I hope I'm wrong. I don't even know what Greene's injury is, but the big ones, Bak, Jones, and King, I will not be surprised if all three sit.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I feel like the saddest part is, which one of those guys would have even helped us win yesterday?

Maybe Raven Greene? The other 3 set to make about 250 million this offseason collectively, Greene is off the scrap heap making pennies. lol

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Montravious Adams played 6 snaps. 6! 6! He better have been hurt otherwise that is inexcusable.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yeah I don't buy it much. MN did nothing schematically that was eye popping.

We just sucked in the 2nd half by dropping balls and missing throws. The defense sucked the whole game by not tackling, not plugging holes and not defending the screen game at all.

The refs didn't help by giving them ticky tacky calls on our defense, ticky tack holding calls and then not returning the favor on picking up a huge DPI on MN.

If you can't get yourself to play on gameday, then this team has problems. This wasn't about lack of film study. This wasn't even about players not playing.

This is the 2nd game in 3 where Rodgers said, "it was a weird game. It was an anomaly." He don't get so that too many more times. At some point it is a trend.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

And if TB wins today.

1. :seahawks:

2. :rams: @ :buccaneers:

3. :cardinals: @ :packers:

4. :saints: @ :eagles:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah the loss yesterday really puts us behind from tiebreaker standpoints.

Our only hope for Seattle for instance now is for us to beat SF and then SF beat Seattle in their 2nd game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Refs definitely did not help us down the stretch.

Would have been amazing to steal this win knowing how we played like crap.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
02 Nov 2020 08:30

Our only hope for Seattle for instance now is for us to beat SF and then SF beat Seattle in their 2nd game.
I get that is fun to talk about tie-breakers and &%$@, but we haven't even played 8 games yet! You are talking about only hopes less than halfway through the season when we are 1 game behind Seattle, the Conference leader!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Christo wrote:
02 Nov 2020 06:36
Pugger wrote:
02 Nov 2020 00:54
German_Panzer wrote:
02 Nov 2020 00:20

These "take off's" correlate shockingly strong with "somewhat good football teams". That's just not good news if you want to win the SB. I don't see this team gettin a bye-week and I don't see them winning three straight. This team remembers me of our squads from 2013-2019: always above average, always hope, always a soft defense, always finding ways to lose eventually. Therefore I root for a trade. Because #12 and his offense is actually doing good and might be even improving (MVS, EQ, ...), but the defense is just soft and without a playmaker. If no trade then the only hope - once again - will be the imponderabilia of the Playoffs.
We have playmakers (Smiths, Alexander and Clark for sure) but they are inconsistent. P. Smith has only had a a handful of impactful plays this year.
I was thinking about this last week. Pretty much everyone considers the Steelers defense to be the best, at least top 3 in the league right now.
Let's switch players but keep the coaches. Does anyone here believe the Packers would have the number 1 defense under Pettine?
And how good or bad would the Steelers defense be with the Packers players?

My belief is, the Pack are middle of the road and the Steelers are still top 5 at worst.
Maybe I'm over rating some of these players on the Pack. But coaching plays such an important part in sports. This is year 3 under Pettine and this years team looks worse than year 1.
I understand sometimes teams can play flat and stumble. But in this case, I got the feeling the Packers had no interest in playing.
If people on here feel different, feel free to tell me I'm wrong.
Should I bring up the fact that one of the top defenders in the league is TJ Watt and we passed on him to take King who can't stay on the field...?

:hide:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:

New Orleans can really help us out by winning that division. That changes a lot of things. Seattle has some tough games left, too, but they also have A LOT of gimmies.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Snap counts.
image.png
image.png (218.77 KiB) Viewed 503 times
image.png
image.png (197.31 KiB) Viewed 503 times
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
Guess I'd rather have the win over SF vs. the win over Minny if we only get one.

Helps the 'ol strength of victory tiebreaker. :P

Plus 9ers are 4-4, if we can knock them to 4-5, in that division, I would say it is likely they won't make the playoffs.

Pretty sure no one wants any part of them, even if its in GB with fans in January.
Evidently both Kittle and Jimmy G left their game yesterday with gimpy ankles and they too have a short week coming up. If our offense can be as productive as Seattle's was yesterday - and the seachickens defense isn't much better than ours - we can win even with our issues. SF today isn't the same team as the one we faced last January.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:

Well we are definitely Saints fans next weeks as the Saints go for the season sweep of the Bucs.

But yeah, we are then also SF fans against Seattle next game (Eagles too) for sure. If we TCB, tie breaker goes conference, common games, strength of victory.

Common Games:
SEA
ATL - W
MIN - W
SF - W
PHI
SF

GB
MIN - W
ATL - W
MIN - L
SF
PHI

But probably a strong chance that if conference games are tied, so will be common games, so looking at strength of victory. We are still up on Seattle by a little 0.361 to 0.356. No way to predict by end of year, but I guess losing to bad teams vs good teams help that tiebreaker scenario.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Ha maybe Redmond doesn’t play much at all, just Everytime he does play it seems like he is playing a lot bc I notice something stupid that he does like that terrible angle he took on Cook when they got the first down on 3rd and long on that pass to him.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I really felt we lost the game when we tried to tap out of the style of game it was. In the first half Williams and Dillon were moving the ball, and the drives ended in TDs. There was no reason to abandon that style. We just either panicked down 7, or got tired of the slow grind and grew impatient. But we were still in a dog fight down 21-14 and then we threw the ball 4 straight times, and caused us to turn the ball over on downs, and the rest was history.

Running the ball was working slowly but surely, Williams looked good.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »