11/8/2020 Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I love how every time a good team loses, there is always talk about the 'blue print' is now out to beat that team. And it is always getting pressure and hitting their QB all day long.

Like, that is the blueprint and goal of the D of every game since the forward pass was created. It is always winning in the trenches on both sides, hitting their QB and protecting your own.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004 wrote:
09 Nov 2020 10:33
I love how every time a good team loses, there is always talk about the 'blue print' is now out to beat that team. And it is always getting pressure and hitting their QB all day long.

Like, that is the blueprint and goal of the D of every game since the forward pass was created. It is always winning in the trenches on both sides, hitting their QB and protecting your own.
:rotf:

Other favorites:
- If a D struggles vs the pass, they should always just blitz more. Why DCs don't blitz on 100% of snaps is mystifying. (Until you try it and get burned to crisp by screens and select quick passes for huge gains.) Whenever coverage works and announcers say "there just wasn't anyone open", this is luck.
- Also, we should play press coverage on the line always. Regardless of what the opponent does. When playing zone leads to INTs, never happened.
- Running game works early, so you always should just keep on rushing. Even tho the opponent starts putting 8 or 9 in the box and it's utterly stuffed.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Lol, looks so damned familiar.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
09 Nov 2020 11:48
Lol, looks so damned familiar.

the short quick up tempo passing that kept Brady up right for years is now used by the Saints and the rest of the league it seems, well everyone except the team he plays for now :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

So did Tom Brady really make Bill Belichek?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Nov 2020 20:42
They made each other. It was just another example of a talented but raw quarterback meeting a talented coach.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
09 Nov 2020 21:27
Pckfn23 wrote:
They made each other. It was just another example of a talented but raw quarterback meeting a talented coach.
I know. Patriots are really, not good this year.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Nov 2020 21:28
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Ha! And the Jets and just plain bad.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Really. Why would NE move on from a HOF QB like Brady? What was going on up there that BB was willing to move on? Brady can still play even tho he didn't have a good game Sunday night. Every QB, even the elites, have off days.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
10 Nov 2020 08:12
Pckfn23 wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

Really. Why would NE move on from a HOF QB like Brady? What was going on up there that BB was willing to move on? Brady can still play even tho he didn't have a good game Sunday night. Every QB, even the elites, have off days.
It takes two to tango. Maybe Brady wanted out?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
10 Nov 2020 08:46
Pugger wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I mean we are looking at a 43 year old QB. Some day, VERY soon, he isn't going to be able to cut it. If you send guys right in his face he will melt because he simply can not move anymore. If I were a DC I would gamble like hell that he couldn't hit the deep sideline and send blitzers right up in his grill. Play a low hole and a high hole player and make him execute those deep fades with a rusher in his lap. Kind of like what the Giants did to Favre in 2007.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Nov 2020 08:55
go pak go wrote:
Pugger wrote:

I mean we are looking at a 43 year old QB. Some day, VERY soon, he isn't going to be able to cut it. If you send guys right in his face he will melt because he simply can not move anymore. If I were a DC I would gamble like hell that he couldn't hit the deep sideline and send blitzers right up in his grill. Play a low hole and a high hole player and make him execute those deep fades with a rusher in his lap. Kind of like what the Giants did to Favre in 2007.
See I think we should send 3 and give Brady time. Make sure our safety is so far back that Brady can't out-throw em. I also think we should play our CBs off the WR 12 yards to force Brady to try and complete those easy 8 yard passes that end result in 11 yards after the DB makes the tackle.

You know what they say. The easiest throws are always the hardest.

We should do this particularly when we are down a couple of scores to increase the amount of plays the Bucs have and hope they make a mistake. And when it's a key third down inside the redzone, double down, send 2 maaaybe 3 rushers and hope for the best once the ball is in the air. And most of all, leave the corner of the endzones open.

Bucs will never know what hit em.
Last edited by go pak go on 10 Nov 2020 09:29, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

:rotf: :clap: :aok:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

who knows why Belichick and Brady split, who cares? but if Arians and the Bucs wanted a down field passer they chose the wrong QB, for the last bunch of seasons Brady excelled in a short uptempo passing scheme, getting the ball out fast protected a immoble Brady, we clamor on and on around here about coaching adjusting to the talent on the roster and that is exactly how Arians and the Bucs should be game planning for Brady.

Belichick is a fantastic coach, imo on the level of Lombardi, Brady sure as hell didn't make him a great coach, he already was one, just as Starr didn't make Lombardi, both brought out the best of the talents these players possessed , why anyone would diss on Brady or Belichick is mind numbing to me, I loved watching Brady work his magic and Belichick scheming up those triple stack sets and mis direction plays, so innovative defenses where at a loss to defend it.
I was jealous of that stuff, and so where most of you if you'd bet honest about it.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
10 Nov 2020 09:09
Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Nov 2020 08:55
go pak go wrote:

See I think we should send 3 and give Brady time. Make sure our safety is so far back that Brady can't out-throw em. I also think we should play our CBs off the WR 12 yards to force Brady to try and complete those easy 8 yard passes that end result in 11 yards after the DB makes the tackle.

You know what they say. The easiest throws are always the hardest.

We should do this particularly when we are down a couple of scores to increase the amount of plays the Bucs have and hope they make a mistake. And when it's a key third down inside the redzone, double down, send 2 maaaybe 3 rushers and hope for the best once the ball is in the air. And most of all, leave the corner of the endzones open.

Bucs will never know what hit em.
yaya :lol: yepyep :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Bill Belichek before 2001 Season:
1 winning season out of 6
41-55 record

Since Tom Brady left the Patriots organization:
3-5 record

Great coach. One of the best of all time. It's interesting the dichotomy between Brady in the organization and Brady out of the organization.

lifelong_packfan
Reactions:

Post by lifelong_packfan »

The only issue I have with this take us the year Brady got hurt and that other QB now with the Bucks took over. They didn't skip a beat.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lifelong_packfan wrote:
10 Nov 2020 12:42
The only issue I have with this take us the year Brady got hurt and that other QB now with the Bucks took over. They didn't skip a beat.
100% agree, it's a bit of a fly in the ointment. Matt Cassel was no slouch, his 2nd year in KC was just as good as his 2008 year in NE. With Brady, NE probably with the Super Bowl that year.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

i think Brady saw the writing on the wall on a handful of bad drafts and cap issues and he pulled a lebron, and ditched a sinking ship. Belichik is certainly still a great coach, but all great runs must end. They also had tons of players on D skip the season due to Covid. I dont think Bill struggling with what has become a sub par roster, is a fair comparison to Brady leaving to go drive a new Ferrari.

Pats struggled last year even with brady, they just played in a very easy division and still had a good defense.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

all this which came first the Chicken or the Egg stuff made me hungry so I read some bio on Belichick, he's got pretty good defensive pedigree, course I think we all know that, he usually fields a formative unit, and often with older vet FA's with a a year or two of quality play left, that to me translates to doing the home work neccessary to building a excellent team, so Bill isn't just a great coach, he also is very good at targeting the talent that can most help his team, minus Brady and Bill would have found some other QB to win with, may not have been as good, or, may have been even better then Tom, I'll stand with my opinion, Belichick has been a great coach a long time, and like every other coach with a great QB, his skills as a coach are enhanced and exposed through there play.

he apprenticed under some excellent coaches and has had 10 NE assistants go on to be HC's in the league, should we give Brady credit for there success to?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Belichick