Scott4Pack - mock with 2 trades

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Scott4Pack - mock with 2 trades

Post by Scott4Pack »

I wanted a mock that had us trading back. I think that's a core feature of Guty's philosophy. So, I'd think maybe this is more realistic than my first mock.

#30: TRADED back to 33. We give 30 to Bengals and get their first pick in 2nd round.

#33: Queen, ILB of LSU. He shouldn't be available, but he is. I was thrilled to trade back and get him. There was other quality bunched with him too, so that motivated me to trade back. If he hadn't been here, Murray and Mims were likely to be.

#68: TRADED back to 71. I wanted a WR here to stretch the field here, but there wasn't one from the top tier that I liked in that way. So, I traded back again. Gave 68, 209, and 5th in 2021 to the Chargers in exchange for our 71 and 158.

#71: Bowden, WR of Kentucky. I like that this guy could work in the slot, he can stretch the field, and he could possibly return kicks. He's also a good YAC guy.

#94: Biadasz, C of Wisconsin. This kid would, I think be an upgrade at C for us. Quite an athlete. Might be undersized, but many good Centers are.

#136: Fotu, DT from Utah. He's kinda raw. But when he's on, he's really on. Can collapse the pocket well and is immovable against the run (when he's on). Potential higher upside too.

#158: Cephus, WR from Wisconsin. Upside, upside, and more upside. Speed to stretch the field.

#175: Steele, T from Texas Tech. I wanted a Tackle sooner than this, but the board didn't fall that way.

#186: Gordon, QB from Washington State. For some reason, I like this kid. He isn't as mobile as we might prefer, but this late in the draft, I don't care. He has arm and awareness that are superb.

#192: Keene, TE from VA Tech. He is slight, but he'll have a year to develop strength. His ball skills are excellent.

#208: Muse, S from Clemson. This guy was in my other mock, along with Gordon. I just like how he's built for the role of S/ILB hybrid.

#242: Roy, DT from Baylor. He takes downs off. But when he plays, he has ability much higher than a D3 project. If you can motivate him, he'll be very good.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I like the mid-round investment in OL. If we want to sign free agents next off-season, hitting on a couple of OL in the draft would enable Gutey to move on from some relatively high-paid but unspectacular players.

Also, Biadasz is my favorite name of the draft.

I'm personally not optimistic about Queen's and Murray's chances to drop that far...

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

salmar80 wrote:
13 Apr 2020 08:23
I'm personally not optimistic about Queen's and Murray's chances to drop that far...
This. I would be giddy, but I don't see either available for us at 30.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I think if there's anything that I learned from Ted and Guty, it's that you need to invest top three rounds to some amounts at the OLine. You need quality and quantity there. That might especially be true this year. I think our OLine has digressed just a bit. It won't hurt if the right side stays healthy. But if it doesn't, we will absolutely need the depth.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
14 Apr 2020 05:25
I think if there's anything that I learned from Ted and Guty, it's that you need to invest top three rounds to some amounts at the OLine. You need quality and quantity there. That might especially be true this year. I think our OLine has digressed just a bit. It won't hurt if the right side stays healthy. But if it doesn't, we will absolutely need the depth.
The five guys on the OL make up 45% of the starting spots on the O and 23% on the team, and you never field less than 5. Makes sense to spend a pick or two there every year.

You know how every year there are a team or few who pick an interior OL in round one and their fans riot? I don't wish that on yoop's heart, but there's definitely a possibility we are THAT team this year... Mock drafts usually disregard or undervalue those non-flashy positions.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

People will think I'm nuts but with the expanded rosters on game day I would rather spend a pick on a PK who can drill kickoffs consistently out of the end zone than draft a QB at this point. Crosby is closer to the end than Rodgers in my opinion and yet everyone want a QB to groom.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

packman114 wrote:
14 Apr 2020 08:18
People will think I'm nuts but with the expanded rosters on game day I would rather spend a pick on a PK who can drill kickoffs consistently out of the end zone than draft a QB at this point. Crosby is closer to the end than Rodgers in my opinion and yet everyone want a QB to groom.
Not a bad idea but one of those big WR's or TE's we have ought to be able to do it.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

packman114 wrote:
14 Apr 2020 08:18
It's not a crazy idea, but JK Scott has a huge leg. Why not train him for that, instead of using a draft pick + a roster and game day active spot for a guy who'd see the field about 5 times per game?

Crosby is 35, which is not ancient for a kicker, and we just him to an extension.