BF004 - Make Your Own Super Value Big Awesome Board

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

BF004 - Make Your Own Super Value Big Awesome Board

Post by BF004 »

Click the link below to edit.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Don't make your big board on the template, make a copy of it first, then do as you wish.

Simply right click on the '2020 Blank Template' tab and go to duplicate and feel free to make your own. Rename your tab, leave it there or take it to your own spreadsheet.

image.png
image.png (55.97 KiB) Viewed 751 times

Color code it, highlight it, bold it, italicize it however you want. e.g., (itallics means return ability in one column, could mean RT only in another, bold could mean interior lineman or 3 down linebacker potential).

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

This seems like a lot of work ;)

Only a week away. I need to get going!
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I'll try to get a solid Top-100.

Read More. Post Less.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

wow thanks for all the hard work in creating this. :beer2:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

so the blue and red tags. is that for what we feel they are as prospects or as future pro talent?????

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
16 Apr 2020 15:37
so the blue and red tags. is that for what we feel they are as prospects or as future pro talent?????
Kind of make your own definitions, but I always look at it as Blue is a Top-5 to Top-10 choice in any draft. Red is kind of Top-15 or top half of Round 1 and the leftovers from anyone you wouldn't consider a true elite prospect.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Got mine up, such as it is. Might tweak over the week.
RIP JustJeff

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

BF004 wrote:
16 Apr 2020 11:33

Click the link below to edit.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Don't make your big board on the template, make a copy of it first, then do as you wish.

Simply right click on the '2020 Blank Template' tab and go to duplicate and feel free to make your own. Rename your tab, leave it there or take it to your own spreadsheet.

image.png

Color code it, highlight it, bold it, italicize it however you want. e.g., (itallics means return ability in one column, could mean RT only in another, bold could mean interior lineman or 3 down linebacker potential).
This is excellent. Will print these off and tick them off as we go along.

Apologies if I've missed the key but what do the coloured numbers equate to and what do your bold and italics mean (I see you've given options in the post). Thanks.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I was looking at a way to add some conditional formatting to automatically add striketrough font to the names as they are picked. Presently that would have to be done manually, which maybe I’d consider doing for the first round only, maybe 2nd too if it’s not so bad. I could probably write a script in there to pull the data off somewhere, but hard to know exactly how pages will look draft night. Could actually make so anyone could help add the names to help update all the boards.

However, the conditional formatting would also override any manual formatting you already did, which kind of sucks. Suppose i could probably write another script in there to just add strike through each time, but that sounds like as lot of work. lol.

If enough people think they’d actually want to follow along real time, I’d certainly try to do it. But don’t want to if no one or just paco is going to. :P

Any current formatting in there is likely just leftover from a 2019 board.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

I won't be able to follow along on the spreadsheet as I'll be watching the draft itself on my laptop.

But I always like to have a big board to track the draft (I used to use [mention]Waldo[/mention]'s when he did one).

I'll probably print it off on Wednesday in case there are any late edits to the boards.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

British wrote:
17 Apr 2020 15:49
I won't be able to follow along on the spreadsheet as I'll be watching the draft itself on my laptop.

But I always like to have a big board to track the draft (I used to use @Waldo's when he did one).

I'll probably print it off on Wednesday in case there are any late edits to the boards.
Wednesday is not "late edits". 30 seconds before the draft starts, now those are late edits (and usually bad ones in my case)!
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Bumpski-poo

If enough people want to make your own and say they will follow along, I can set it up so I/we can update it manually pick by pick and all our big boards can update in real time as well.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

I've just added a new big board to the Google doc.

It's a board made up of all the prospects ranked by Bob McGinn in his draft series, taken from his conversations with scouts and personnel execs.

There's always a lot of discussion about McGinn's regular pre draft series so I thought it would be interesting to see how a McGinn consensus big board would go.

Italics are interior OL who can play centre.

McGinn's articles at The Athletic are available here: https://theathletic.com/author/bob-mcginn/

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

British wrote:
22 Apr 2020 17:43

It's a board made up of all the prospects ranked by Bob McGinn in his draft series, taken from his conversations with scouts and personnel execs.

There's always a lot of discussion about McGinn's regular pre draft series so I thought it would be interesting to see how a McGinn consensus big board would go.

McGinn's articles at The Athletic are available here: https://theathletic.com/author/bob-mcginn/

That is awesome 👏, thanks for doing that! I’ll likely prefer following along to that over my own.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

British wrote:
22 Apr 2020 17:43

That is awesome! :tiphat:

You sure do quality surgical strikes with your posting. Always good stuff. Wish you posted more, to be honest...

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Thanks guys.

Should be a fun weekend. I think I'm going to appreciate this draft more than most considering it may be the last sporting entertainment we have for a while.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Have added in Andy Herman's ones to watch/Packers fit in green and ones he thinks the Packers will avoid in red.

Not really sure I agree with all these but thought it would be interesting to test and it's another data point to follow.

Taken from his Draft Primer story https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-pac ... 46288051_1

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

British wrote:
23 Apr 2020 06:59
Have added in Andy Herman's ones to watch/Packers fit in green and ones he thinks the Packers will avoid in red.

Not really sure I agree with all these but thought it would be interesting to test and it's another data point to follow.

Taken from his Draft Primer story https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-pac ... 46288051_1
Thanks for putting this together, [mention]British[/mention]!!

Read More. Post Less.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

McGinn's big board holding up pretty well after Day 1. Only guys slotted into Round 1 or Round 1/2 were selected, apart from the always-contrarian Seahawks who took a linebacker pegged for the 3rd. (Quite possible the Packers late switch from a trade with the Seahawks to a trade with the Dolphins bounced the Seahawks into a pick when they were planning a move down).

Andy Herman's 'Packer fits' also batting 1 for 1 with him highlighting Jordan Love as a player the Packers might be interested in.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I was following along on that board. McGinns board was spot on all night to be honest.