Panthers @ Packers GDT - Saturday 12/19 7:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Panthers @ Packers GDT - Saturday 12/19 7:25 PM CST

Post by BF004 »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Good. Don't want to deal with him. I still expect Bridgewater to give us a few fits. But overall, should be a win. Hope everybody can find a place to watch it.

Only on Fox in Milwaukee and Green Bay markets. NFL Network everywhere else.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Their backup to McAffrey is actually pretty good.

Honestly I wanted to play him to get our boys ready.

But I am so excited for this game. No scoreboard watching. Just focus on the Packers winning their final 3 and WE ARE THE NUMBER 1 SEED.

Like this NEVER happens guys.

And it looks like perfect weather Saturday. Maybe some snow (low chance) and no wind. Temps in the 20's.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
16 Dec 2020 08:58
Good. Don't want to deal with him. I still expect Bridgewater to give us a few fits. But overall, should be a win. Hope everybody can find a place to watch it.

Only on Fox in Milwaukee and Green Bay markets. NFL Network everywhere else.
I don't want to have to deal with that guy either but he can't seem to stay healthy.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
16 Dec 2020 09:16
But I am so excited for this game. No scoreboard watching. Just focus on the Packers winning their final 3 and WE ARE THE NUMBER 1 SEED.

Kind of happened last year, We were 8-2 heading into San Francisco who was 9-1. We technically controlled our own destiny at that point.

Beat SF, we were both 9-2, along with NO. But NO and SF to play each other yet, we'd have to the head to head over SF and when had the head to head with conference record already over NO due to us losing to an AFC team and no chance of a 3 way tie, should we win out. :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
16 Dec 2020 09:33
go pak go wrote:
16 Dec 2020 09:16

Kind of happened last year, We were 8-2 heading into San Francisco who was 9-1. We technically controlled our own destiny at that point.

Beat SF, we were both 9-2, along with NO. But NO and SF to play each other yet, we'd have to the head to head over SF and when had the head to head with conference record already over NO due to us losing to an AFC team and no chance of a 3 way tie, should we win out. :lol:
I think there is a major difference when there is 3 games left compared to 8 games left like the situation you stated above. 8 games is half a season.

I mean we COULD say we control our own destiny every year in Week 1 - Week 3 or so. :lol:

And we even could have said that when going into Indy this year. But again, there are just so many games afterwards that the actual goal this time is close. Like it is there. We know we win 3 games....we are the Number 1 seed.

That's pretty cool.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Only 6 games left.

:rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I'm trying to develop new expectations for our defense.

Basically I want our defense to improve on our box score averages when we are supposed to and I want to play our opponents better than our opponent's averages during the year.

On Offense the Panthers are the following:

19th in total Total Yards at 356 per game
15th in total Passing Yards at 248 per game
20th in total Rushing Yards at 107 per game
19th in Points at 23.6 per game

On Defense the Packers are the following:

8th in total Total Yards Allowed at 336 yards per game
12th in total Passing Yards Allowed at 226 yards per game
11th in total Rushing Yards Allowed at 110 yards per game
17th in total points per game at 24.8 points per game

What my goals are then:

Hold the Panthers to under 300 yards total offense
Hold the Panthers to around 200 yards passing (+/- 25 yards)
Hold the Panthers to around 100 yards rushing (+/- 25 yards)
Hold the Panthers to 17 points or less. Basically hold them a touchdown less than their season average.

I would call that a successful game for our defense.
Yoop wrote:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Pugger wrote:
16 Dec 2020 09:18
I don't want to have to deal with that guy either
Watch the wheel route !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4SEPufzG7s
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
16 Dec 2020 13:08
me too. I want them to help deliver a W. That's it
Scoring is up across the league, holding penalties are down, Refs are handing out first downs to anybody who gets within 1-2 yards of the line to gain. More rules favoring the offense every year. Can't hit high, can't hit low. Can't breathe on the QB

I've stopped concerning myself with style points, league rankings or yardage goals.

Just win, baby
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BSA wrote:
16 Dec 2020 16:01
go pak go wrote:
Scoring is up across the league, holding penalties are down, Refs are handing out first downs to anybody who gets within 1-2 yards of the line to gain. More rules favoring the offense every year. Can't hit high, can't hit low. Can't breathe on the QB

I've stopped concerning myself with style points, league rankings or yardage goals.

Just win, baby
Yeah.

No I can't really get with that. I mean sure we want the win absolutely. But you also like to have something to hang your hat on. This time of year you do like to start seeing players ascend. You do like to see certain things click. You do like to see the program come together.

I absolutely want to see our defense start stacking some successes.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
16 Dec 2020 16:08
BSA wrote:
16 Dec 2020 16:01
go pak go wrote:

Just win, baby
Yeah.

No I can't really get with that. I mean sure we want the win absolutely. But you also like to have something to hang your hat on. This time of year you do like to start seeing players ascend. You do like to see certain things click. You do like to see the program come together.

I absolutely want to see our defense start stacking some successes.
this is not the year to expect a defense to excel, NO off season workouts as a team, no PS groomer games, and we didn't improve two key positions, and those two positions have been a real issue all year, and will be until we improve the production at them, it is what it is
hey I want a top 5 defense just as much as anyone, but it's not achievable with the personal we have imho.

but we don't need it to be, we just need to play more mistake free ball, and quit leaving these huge patches of empty space for receivers to plant up in, and play better gap control, I think these two things are achievable to a point and then dial up a little more pass rush, then get off the field and let Rodgers put on the belt :aok:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

But no one is expecting us to have a good defense compared to 2019, or 1996, or 1935, we want a good defense relative to our peers this year.

We can be considered by the most credible of metrics to be an average defense.

Average defenses can win championships, but they are few and far between.

We shall see if in this unprecedented year if having the best offense in a year of good offenses, if that will be enough.

We have a below average offense, then what is very sneakily an elite offense, followed by one of the worst offenses in the league on our schedule next.

I would really like to see that scoring average somehow get in the top 10 before playoff football starts, because history tells us that really does matter.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
16 Dec 2020 16:51
But no one is expecting us to have a good defense compared to 2019, or 1996, or 1935, we want a good defense relative to our peers this year.

We shall see if in this unprecedented year if having the best offense in a year of good offenses, if that will be enough.

We have a below average offense, then what is very sneakily an elite offense, followed by one of the worst offenses in the league on our schedule next.

I would really like to see that scoring average somehow get in the top 10 before playoff football starts, because history tells us that really does matter.
Oh my gosh THANK YOU!!!

I had a response to yoop and deleted it because I don't want another useless fight take over a forum.

But this is exactly what I want.

I am so sick of the "all defenses are struggling this year" Like that isn't how comparisons to other teams work. Yes giving up 24 points is the new 21 points benchmark. But there are still 15 teams who are doing better than us in points allowed.

I do think we have a shot to get in the top 7 or so in total yards and top 10 in pass and rush yards.

I think getting in the top 10 in points allowed is going to be a huge hurdle.
Yoop wrote:

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

I had a response to yoop and deleted it because I don't want another useless fight take over a forum.
Whaaat? That never happens.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Really, I am not fussed over those stats. I want to see some things improve over the next month:
More consistent pass rush from our stars
More aggressive play from our corners
Better adjustments to what the offense is throwing at us, ie... we shouldn't be in nickel or dime against 12 personnel or even 11 if they are successfully running it
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
Yeah, something like that hasn't happened since...... last year

The Packers and Chiefs are remarkably similar this year, and similar to last year. The Chiefs ranked 6th in yards on offense, and 17th in yards on defense. And won the Super Bowl as favorites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

7th scoring D....

Not many will argue our defense is as good this year as KC was last year.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
16 Dec 2020 17:21
BF004 wrote:

Oh my gosh THANK YOU!!!

But this is exactly what I want.

I am so sick of the "all defenses are struggling this year" Like that isn't how comparisons to other teams work. Yes giving up 24 points is the new 21 points benchmark. But there are still 15 teams who are doing better than us in points allowed.

I do think we have a shot to get in the top 7 or so in total yards and top 10 in pass and rush yards.

I think getting in the top 10 in points allowed is going to be a huge hurdle.
come on now, you started out wanting a top 5 defense, then dropped it to top 10 or 7, and your pissed off at me because I'd rather deal with reality, we are what??? 28th in the league on 3rd and short, and can't defend our interior zones, thats whats really going on.

the defenses are struggling this year is also true, just because you don't like it doesn't change that, as others have said it's something we can live with as long as we can do what we've been doing forever, out scoring opponents.
wtf.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
16 Dec 2020 18:47
7th scoring D....

Not many will argue our defense is as good this year as KC was last year.
You said average defense.

KC had an average defense last year.

17th in yards
14th in DVOA

Scoring has the drawback of being heavily impacted by offense and STs, just like our pick 6s and punt returns make us a worse scoring defense this year.

The Chiefs are winning games with an average defense and an overwhelming offense and so are we.