Titans @ Packers - SNF GDT - 12/27 7:25 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
27 Dec 2020 22:42
Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Dec 2020 22:27
German_Panzer wrote:
27 Dec 2020 22:21

Didn't u also have the impression - especially at the start - that the footing for the Titians was a bit off while we looked as if we run with superspikes on our shoes?

p.s. "Shoes" sounds somehow wrong here, is "boots" a better word for what they wear in the NFL?
No! I get the impression the the best team in the NFL dominated the supposed beat offense in the NFL! Stop making bum ass excuses!!
I mean there is absolute validity in talking about the footing. It's a home field advantage we have just like the Seahawks or Vikings have with crowd noise at their home field. Their home field makes their team perform better than they actually are.

But here is the thing. We should be HAPPY we thrived in these conditions.

Wasn't there talk that GB would be better served to play on the road in a dome in the playoffs because we are soft?

Tonight honestly with the conditions as they were, everyone pregame could see Henry just thriving and instead it was our version of Henry thriving. We were physical. We played well in the cold and we showed we love playing at Lambeau in December and Janaury. Something we didn't do vs MN and JAX.

So yeah. Maybe we did have better footing and handled the conditions better. But after the Titans "adjusted" we still handed it to them.

We did exactly what we wanted to do for a team built for the cold. It was awesome.
No, there is no $%@# validity when we win 40-14. Period. Footing had nothing to do with this win. The better team wiped the floor with the inferior team.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The Titans have scored 14 points or less exactly ZERO times until tonight!

This bummy defense held the #1 scoring offense to 14 points and the NFL's top rusher to 98 yards on 23 carries. Put that in the pipe and smoke it!!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

Yoop wrote:
27 Dec 2020 22:04
YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Dec 2020 22:00
DILLLOOONNNN

They just wanted to get him the leap!
bought what I expected, Kid can't even do the Lambeau Leap :rotf:
Funniest moment of the game. Lazard helping Dillon on his second Lambeau Leap attempt like a father pushing his kid along from behind while they're learning to ride a bike. :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

mnpackerbacker wrote:
28 Dec 2020 05:20
Yoop wrote:
27 Dec 2020 22:04
YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Dec 2020 22:00
DILLLOOONNNN

They just wanted to get him the leap!
about what I expected, Kid can't even do the Lambeau Leap :rotf:
Funniest moment of the game. Lazard helping Dillon on his second Lambeau Leap attempt like a father pushing his kid along from behind while they're learning to ride a bike. :rotf:
that was classic, Lazard exemplifys what being a support player is all about :lol:

Dillon out performed my expectations, what a battering ram he looks to be.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Every team, every coach, just about every player is going to make a mistake at some point in the game. Sometimes the other team makes a bigger mistake or a worse call on the same play. Sometimes a player negates somebody's mistake or a bad call and the play is a wash or even a win. But this is the first time in a long time we made our mistakes and we turned around started beating the hell out of somebody instead of stalling on a series of more mistakes. This is what it takes to win it all. This is why right now we are the best team in the league. Just got to keep this run going and never let anyone back in the game! Peaking at the right time!

Go Pack Go!

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Boy, it is really fun being a fan of this team

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Morning coffee while reading the Titans fan pages. Glorious reading.

Pre-game hope and expectations all shattered within opening three Packer drives. Then another glimmer of hope following the pre/post halftime drives only to be crushed again. And again. And again.

Haven't felt this good about a Packer victory in a long while. That was a dominating performance against a quality team that, style wise, has historically given us headaches in the past. Just beautiful to watch.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I think the thing i like the most about this win, is that the Bears' fans are chirping about the refs again. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

Best ass kicking since at Minnesota last year

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Dec 2020 00:56

This bummy defense held the #1 scoring offense to 14 points and the NFL's top rusher to 98 yards on 23 carries. Put that in the pipe and smoke it!!
fire Pettine :lol:

and you can be sure the footing and cold hurt the Titans more then it did us.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
28 Dec 2020 08:53
Pckfn23 wrote:

Collinsworth said it best. After a few series, get the guys together on the sideline... "Hey, has anyone slipped? No? Then stick for foot in the ground and go." Looked more to me like Tennessee didn't want to deal with the offensive onslaught that we threw at them early and threw in the towel.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I think the thing that brings me most satisfaction about last night's game is how we won it.

I was one of the posters here lamenting the Packers softness leading up to this game. This team historically allows itself, at times, to be bullied. This team, at times, hesitates when the game situation dictates it is time to impose their physical will upon opponents.

Last night, they went up against a physical team in difficult playing conditions and just absolutely dominated. The O-line blocking was beautifully orchestrated and dominant. The running attack bullied their defense into submission. Dillon bulled over would-be tacklers in much the way King Henry has all season...except for last night. They had absolutely no answer for Adams once the running game was established and demanded attention. Rodgers was an artist in the snow.

Then there was the defense. The front seven discipline in filling gaps and making the tackles at the point of attack was awesome to watch. The secondary players not hesitating and getting after King Henry was awesome but their aggressive and smothering one-on-one coverage while Pettine dedicated resources to stopping the run was absolutely bad ass. Savage was everywhere. Jaire was like glue. Amos displayed full-grown-man level tackling skills. I mean, the whole thing just seemed like they had a point to prove and they did it with an exclamation point.

What a fun game to watch. Everything just seemed to come together in a game that historically has trended the other way. Last time I felt that good about the style in which they played...was the first 54 minutes of the Seattle NFCCG. :hide:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
28 Dec 2020 08:53
Pckfn23 wrote:

Of course the cold and the footing helped. But I hate it that they're mentioned first, which downplays the accomplishments of actual players and staff who deserve praise when they win like this.

The cold and the cleats are not among top 20 reasons we won, I don't think they're in top 50. If I were a Packers player and someone dared say to me "oh, you just won because of your cleats/weather/refs", I would be mighty insulted.

The D simply played very very well. Players swarmed to tackle Henry, Dline didn't fold. Pettine called a fine game, stacking the box and betting on Tannehill not being able to beat us in man, and he couldn't. DBs rose to the occasion, season high in clean pass deflections. The blitzes, especially DB blitzes, were timed well and effective. We got the turnovers, even had chance for more of them. ZERO penalties, even when Tannehill tried hard counts....

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I don't think it's a stretch to say the footing issues benefitted us; it's not in any way dismissive of our talent or the team's accomplishments.

The Packers built a team knowing that the playoffs take place in the winter. They put together a great OLIne and drafted the perfect cold weather back. And Davante Adams has learned from his time in the North enough to have the perfect cleat choice and the utmost confidence in his footing and footwork.

We exploited that advantage, big time. We flipped the script on the Titans. We dominated them, and can play like that in any weather. But we also utilized the weather and our team's familiarity with the field in these conditions to our advantage as we should have.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

It also kinda rocks that Gary had a nice game for us last night while Simmons did not stand out at all and was part of a unit that let up like 200 yards rushing, half to a rookie in his first start.

I mean, being reasonable, it's a bit cheap to flex on a second-year player against the best OL, best offense, and even said rookie RB clearly has special talent. That said, I did not once notice Simmons, other than one play where he looked kinda pathetic on a run where Jones got a big chunk.

And I was a proponent, had him in my final GB mock.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Another thing is that I feel like all year we've been begging and praying for our defense to put it together and just when we'd given up and said we are who we are, our 2019 class has taken us to the next level.

Gary was a full grown man last night, and Savage is turning into Nick Collins in real time in front of our eyes. Those two (especially Savage) flipping the switch turns our defense into the machine we saw last night.

How do you stop this team if that's how we play the rest of this year?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Just a fun game to watch all around. Defense stepped up big time and offense was remarkable.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

If anyone missed it, the full game is on Youtube

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

TheSkeptic wrote:
28 Dec 2020 12:52
If anyone missed it, the full game is on Youtube
I will have to re-watch...I seem to have missed the Packer punts when watching it live.
What's that ? The Packers never punted on Sunday ? Oh.
Well then I'll just re-watch the offensive masterpiece and enjoy every moment of it.
IT. IS. TIME

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I just stated the obvious, unless your prepared to play in the cold, it presents issues a player mentally has to over come, same with the footing, any time a player has to think about his footing it slows his reaction time.
my comment wasn't meant to take anything away from our performance, the point was that the conditions do have a affect, and we where better at over coming those conditions.

I agree with all other comments and you people said it better then I can, we dominated from start to finish.