Packers awarded Snacks Harrison on waivers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
03 Jan 2021 13:56
go pak go wrote:
03 Jan 2021 13:51
Looks like Snacks will be a go today.
Yeah when the Packers showed a 98 jersey this morning....it seemed pretty obvious.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I was hopeful, but hesitant on Snacks. He got 12 snaps on defense against the Bears. It was clear from those, he makes an impact. His first play he was several yards in the backfield. So I am now more excited for what he will bring. Hope he gets more snaps.
RIP JustJeff

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Good nose tackles often end up with zero stats, because they eat the blockers and plug gaps and the LBs get the stats.

I'd have to see film to know how he did.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
04 Jan 2021 09:16
I was hopeful, but hesitant on Snacks. He got 12 snaps on defense against the Bears. It was clear from those, he makes an impact. His first play he was several yards in the backfield. So I am now more excited for what he will bring. Hope he gets more snaps.
I thought our run defense really tightened up in 2nd half of the 2nd quarter and beyond.

I want to watch again. Thought Lowry and Lancaster were subpar yesterday struggled early.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I mean we gave up 3.5 yards per rush and 4.8 yards per play overall. Those are really good numbers.

We forced 15 third downs. That's a sign of a good day by the run D--that's 15 times they didn't get to a first down on 1st or 2nd, ya know?

Obviously, this is a Snacks thread and 12 snaps is a small part of that; but as far as the run D overall, I think they did very well!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Jan 2021 09:49
I mean we gave up 3.5 yards per rush and 4.8 yards per play overall. Those are really good numbers.

We forced 15 third downs. That's a sign of a good day by the run D--that's 15 times they didn't get to a first down on 1st or 2nd, ya know?

Obviously, this is a Snacks thread and 12 snaps is a small part of that; but as far as the run D overall, I think they did very well!
Wow. I didn't know we held em to 3.5 rushing. That is a lot better than I would have guessed.

We really did lock up after that 1st quarter.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
04 Jan 2021 10:10
Wow. I didn't know we held em to 3.5 rushing. That is a lot better than I would have guessed.

Montgomery had 69 yards on 22 carries (3.1) and a long run of 8.

Cordarelle Patterson had 4 for 18 yards (4.5) and Mitch had 4 scrambles for 22 yards (long of 13)

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Jan 2021 10:30
go pak go wrote:
04 Jan 2021 10:10

Montgomery had 69 yards on 22 carries (3.1) and a long run of 8.

Cordarelle Patterson had 4 for 18 yards (4.5) and Mitch had 4 scrambles for 22 yards (long of 13)
Montgomery is an average back. Not as good as JWill.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Montgomery had over 500 yards in the 5 games before week 17. He's pretty good.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Let's hope we see more of Snacks in the Divisional Round.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pugger wrote:
04 Jan 2021 18:33
Let's hope we see more of Snacks in the Divisional Round.
Not really. If we don't have to play Snacks, it means we've built a big lead and have knocked the opponent out of running the football.

But early in the game, sure.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jan 2021 18:15
Against pretty much the worst Ds in the league.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Cdragon wrote:
04 Jan 2021 19:35
Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jan 2021 18:15
Against pretty much the worst Ds in the league.
I mean did the Packers do much better vs these "worst" Ds in the league than the Bears did in December?

Their only loss was to DET in December outside of us and I wouldn't put that on the Bears' offense.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

The saga of us trying to get this guy and getting turned down several times made me not want to like him. At least, not want to get excited, because getting my hopes up seemed like setting myself up for disappointment.

But man... in the limited snaps he was out there, his impact was really noticeable. Guys like Lowry and Lancaster may be able to get the job done, but guys like Snacks can really tilt the field (not to mention, make life easier for the LBs).

I definitely want to see him out there early to start the game, help our D shut down and force some punts, then let the O pull away.

It also solidifies my wish to add another quality DL, whether it's a big body like Snacks or a long athlete in the mold of Armstead or Buckner. I think that could really make this D come together nicely.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Labrev wrote:
05 Jan 2021 13:50
It also solidifies my wish to add another quality DL, whether it's a big body like Snacks or a long athlete in the mold of Armstead or Buckner. I think that could really make this D come together nicely.
Yeah, I've said all year that we were a run-clogging DT away from a Super Bowl roster, I just didn't think Snacks would be the guy, based on all the flirtation and disappointment. And once it became clear that Dareus wasn't playing this year (essentially opted out but without a contract) and Snacks went to the Seahawks, I thought that window had closed.

Glad it hadn't.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
05 Jan 2021 13:55
Labrev wrote:
05 Jan 2021 13:50
Yeah, I've said all year that we were a run-clogging DT away from a Super Bowl roster, I just didn't think Snacks would be the guy, based on all the flirtation and disappointment. And once it became clear that Dareus wasn't playing this year (essentially opted out but without a contract) and Snacks went to the Seahawks, I thought that window had closed.

Glad it hadn't.
may I interject here :lol: the thing is in the fronts we use the most (some sort of 40 hybrid, I think) Lowery, Lancaster, Keke, even Gary get tossed around against the run, when your using Clark on one side, and the others on the other side of center, they just can't handle the double teams, Harrison is a guy that can, it works for us because Pettine given a choice will always give up a few run yrds for better pass coverage, so he sacrifices a interior lineman to do so, we played a lot of base 5 front against the Titans, but with Henry, and a run dominate team, that seemed a no brainer, imo ya just can't do that against a more balanced offense, ya have to scheme first to stop the pass, and hope the run doesn't sustain drives and milk top, I've always believed in coverage first in this era (30 years or so)

man I love this team, just because I bitch about this or that, I've wanted what we are seeing now for so long, I love all the motion and mis direction, ro schemes, who doesn't, this offense is so much more fun to watch compared to Mack vertical iso routes, without the right players no scheme will work well, just look what happened to this offence when we lost Ervin, my point is, yes, this offense can really get hot, it was lights out at times, then Irvin went down, and we miss him, I give Guty credit for trying to replace him with Austin, but we just found out why he was available, ouch,, my point is as you would guess by now is we could really use a slot type WR/RB, oh wait, we got one, maybe we'll see some of Jones in the slot and Dillon at RB in the playoffs, I'am sure Dillons all for it.