2020 General Draft Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The two players I feel like will be a Packer at slot 30....and it will !@#$ everyone off.

Tee Higgins or Grant Delpit.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
21 Apr 2020 21:39
The two players I feel like will be a Packer at slot 30....and it will !@#$ everyone off.

Tee Higgins or Grant Delpit.
I wouldnt be mad at Higgins. I would understand it. Delpit would be another waste of resources. Gutey is on the border for me in determining whether he is the right guy for the job. Hes done a lot of good things but hes also dont some straight up idiotic things in these two offseasons. So far this offseason I think hes made good moves outside of Funchess. He really needs to nail the draft for me to feel like this team moved forward from last season.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Gosh. Funchess is almost a no-risk issue. He's affordable. And if he stays healthy, he still has upside, we hope. Hardly any risk at all there. That might not've scratched some people's itches. But it's a great value move.

And when we draft an explosive WR this weekend, Funchess will provide great depth and a versatile tool in the offensive toolbox.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
22 Apr 2020 09:07
Gosh. Funchess is almost a no-risk issue. He's affordable. And if he stays healthy, he still has upside, we hope. Hardly any risk at all there. That might not've scratched some people's itches. But it's a great value move.

And when we draft an explosive WR this weekend, Funchess will provide great depth and a versatile tool in the offensive toolbox.
ya, I don't get all the anks for Funchess, yet for 2 years many here defended MVS EQB, ABC, CDF, and none with the pedigree even close to Funchess.

I think when you have a solid #1 and 2 then a player like Funchess, Lazard, or any of these others wont be matched up against better coverage corners so naturally they do better.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
22 Apr 2020 09:07

I am kind of confused how/why we got Funchess so cheap. He got 21 TD's under his rookie contract with Carolina, nothing to sneeze at. Signed a 10 million dollar contract with the Colts a year ago. All he did was break his collarbone and end up on IR, nothing with knees or concussions or anything that might effect future performance. He had only missed 3 games in 4 years prior to that fluke injury.

He is still only 25 and we just got him $1 million guaranteed and only 2.5 million for the year.

We lost Jimmy Graham, seems like he can provide everything Jimmy was in the passing game.

Just makes our team better, IMO.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

For tomorrow and all weekend, will repost many more times.

NO SPOILERS!!

Wait a few seconds to post about the pick till ESPN/NFLN announces it.

Don’t be that guy or Pugger.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
22 Apr 2020 10:49
NO SPOILERS!!
Should probably add to the Day 1, 2, 3 thread titles.

Read More. Post Less.

Sconnie Tradition
Reactions:

Post by Sconnie Tradition »

How much do you guys think Wonderlic Scores matter for QBs?

Some notable QB Wonderlic scores from recent history

Vince Young 6
Terrell Pryor 6
Lamar Jackson 13
Terry Bradshaw 15
Tua T 19
Cam Newton 21
Brett Favre 22
Pat Mahomes 24
Ben Rothliesberger 25
Dak Prescott 25
Justin Herbert 25
Russell Wilson 28
Drew Brees 28
Peyton Manning 28
Troy Aikman 29
Matt Ryan 32
Tom Brady 33
Steve Young 33
Joe Burrow
Aaron Rodgers 35
Tony Romo 37
Matthew Stafford 38
Colin Kapernick 38
Eli Manning 39
Blaine Gabbert 42
Drew Henson 42
Greg McElroy 48
Ryan Fitzpatrick 48

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

BF004 wrote:

NO SPOILERS!!

This triggered a totally random memory from a few years back. Who was that troubled TE from either Oregon or OSU we brought in for training camp, circa 2013? There was some poster who was in love with the guy as a prospect. That poster ended up spoiling the Randall pick that year. What was that TE's name? Dammit it's on the tip of my tongue.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:

NO SPOILERS!!

amen to this, if there is anything I hate, it's some one telling me ahead of time that where have PB and J for lunch when all morning I've been thinking of Gyros. :lol:

Sconnie Tradition
Reactions:

Post by Sconnie Tradition »

Captain_Ben wrote:
22 Apr 2020 11:07
BF004 wrote:

NO SPOILERS!!

This triggered a totally random memory from a few years back. Who was that troubled TE from either Oregon or OSU we brought in for training camp, circa 2013? There was some poster who was in love with the guy as a prospect. That poster ended up spoiling the Randall pick that year. What was that TE's name? Dammit it's on the tip of my tongue.
I believe you are referring to Colt Lyerla.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

BF004 wrote:

NO SPOILERS!!

Wait, what? I spend the entire draft on Twitter, so I know all picks before the selection. Get with times you fun haters! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Say someone like a Jeudy or Lamb start falling, or one of the top 4 tackles.

Where should we look to trade up? What might it cost?

I think I could definitely live with the trade below, I like not losing a pick.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Sconnie Tradition wrote:
22 Apr 2020 11:56
Captain_Ben wrote:
22 Apr 2020 11:07
BF004 wrote:

NO SPOILERS!!

I believe you are referring to Colt Lyerla.
That's the guy!!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
22 Apr 2020 13:26
Say someone like a Jeudy or Lamb start falling, or one of the top 4 tackles.

Where should we look to trade up? What might it cost?

I think I could definitely live with the trade below, I like not losing a pick.

Not to make this a whole thing, but the Packers almost ASSUREDLY use the more traditional trade value model, rather than the Rich Hill or other newer ones. I have like ten years worth of Packers trades charted in an excel sheet and the line fit is pretty tight; they'll deviate if they really want to (Clay Matthews trade), but the overall takeaway is pretty dang clear. That hasn't changed (yet) under Gutey

I'm totally fine with trading up for the right guy (Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, Simmons are probably who I consider there) and the furthest up I think we can go is 18 with the second round pick. We have ten draft picks this year, though most are late, and few immediate needs, meaning we can address the rest with those later developmental prospects.

At the same time, the 3rd/4th round is RICH this year, so I also like the idea of trading back if the value is right and grabbing another pick there.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Do you ever get the feeling we give these Front Office guys TOO much credit sometimes? On paper?

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

From Tony Pauline:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Mims would fit that mold and might be available.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Apr 2020 14:52
Mims would fit that mold and might be available.
As would Chase Claypool and DPJ. Also, all but eliminates Reagor, Jeudy, Shenault, & Higgins if you buy into this sort of thing.

Read More. Post Less.