Video Game Thread

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

November can’t get here soon enough!!

PS5 on the 12th, along with Demon’s Souls. AC: Valhalla on the 17th and Cyberpunk 2077 on the 19th.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I hadnt played any video games since last winter, but once the time changes and it gets cold out...its ps4 szn for me. So i got Ghost of Tsushima and the last of us 2 on discount with the black friday deals.

Those two games plus the pga tour game are pretty much the only 3 i have a lot of interest in before i guess Sony will shift all attention to the PS4. I loved the last of us 1, and i have NEVER played a bad game from Naughty Dog studios. But i have heard that 2 dissapointed alot of people with the story. I look forward to checking it out for myself very soon.

I started of Ghost first. Its really fun. Basically it reminds me of a samarai based Assassins creed? or maybe a much smaller scaled Samurai Red Dead Redemption. It is a smaller map and game than RDR, but it has some of that flavor, with just a different theme. I am really enjoying it so far!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

You’ve got a good winter of gaming ahead of you! Both games are good!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Was just offered the chance to buy someone's brand new Switch with the Mario Kart 8 download for what they paid a week ago. I passed on it. I still have a Wii from ten years ago, and the Mario Kart on there is fine for me (I don't know how much of an upgrade MK 8 is, anyone know?). I also have the Michael Jackson dance game that is pretty fun.

Still have an old XBox 360 with only one game, Madden 12. JMike 88 is a beast. Thinking of maybe donating it to the homeless shelter or something. I haven't played it in three or four years.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I dipped my toes into Cyberpunk last night. I got bored of the character concept I came up with and the backstory I chose (nomad) so I am probably going to abandon this save and start over. Once my last two exams are out of the way, I will get into this in earnest.

The game itself looks really fun, though!
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Soooo, how did you design/customize it??? ;)
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Dec 2020 15:53
meh... too lazy to post a pic, but nothing remarkable. :P I am pretty impressed at what other players have created, serious or otherwise (one guy did a Handsome Squidward and it was on-point).
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
15 Dec 2020 16:00
Pckfn23 wrote:
meh... too lazy to post a pic, but nothing remarkable. :P I am pretty impressed at what other players have created, serious or otherwise (one guy did a Handsome Squidward and it was on-point).
HAHA! You did customize "it?" that's like half the reason people bought the game! ;)
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Dec 2020 16:03
Labrev wrote:
15 Dec 2020 16:00
Pckfn23 wrote:
HAHA! You did customize "it?" that's like half the reason people bought the game! ;)
You bet! I never use presets when I have the option to DIY. :grin:
—Magneto

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

I’m loving the game so far but my god, what an absolute disaster it is on last gen consoles. CDPR should be embarrassed- they ripped a lot of people off.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Epic Games giving away free games the rest of December:

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/2551 ... -daily.htm

Dec. 17 - "Cities: Skylines"
Dec. 18 - "Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty"
Dec. 19 - The Long Dark
Dec. 20 -
Dec. 21 -
Dec. 22 -
Dec. 23 -
Dec. 24 -
Dec. 25 -
Dec. 26 -
Dec. 27 -
Dec. 28 -
Dec. 29 -
Dec. 30 -
Dec. 31 -

You have to "purchase" them on that day.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Dec 2020 10:15
Epic Games giving away free games the rest of December:

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/2551 ... -daily.htm

Dec. 17 - "Cities: Skylines"
Dec. 18 - "Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty"
Dec. 19 - The Long Dark
Dec. 20 -
Dec. 21 -
Dec. 22 -
Dec. 23 -
Dec. 24 -
Dec. 25 -
Dec. 26 -
Dec. 27 -
Dec. 28 -
Dec. 29 -
Dec. 30 -
Dec. 31 -

You have to "purchase" them on that day.
I had a lot of fun with the Long Dark when it was still in beta, years ago.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Found my next game... Soon.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

sweet
RIP JustJeff

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

That looks FANTASTIC! I loved playing the Super Nintendo one, it was almost as fun as playing it at the arcade.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

That looks great. I still have tmnt for regular Nintendo, sadly they all seem to require 2 hands.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I've started playing Horizon Zero Dawn. A bit old at this point (2017), but interesting so far, and looks great.
RIP JustJeff

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Horizon was a fun game. It gets better as the main story progresses.

I’ve been busy with Pathfinder:Kingmaker, Doom Eternal, and Bravely Default 2.. all of them have been enjoyable.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Got hooked on Motorsport Manager. Which makes no sense since I get easily bored with all motorsports with the exception of rally driving. :messedup:

It's light enough of a sim that one doesn't need to know much about cars. Has good balance between making financial and tactical decisions outside of races, and managing the real-time races can be nail-biting stuff. Some weirdnesses drop it from being a 5-star game, but a solid first effort by the developer.

Man, I SO wish EA's monopoly on the NFL license ended so that someone could develop a proper NFL Manager title. There's so much potential in that, but not wide enough market for EA. :evil:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

salmar80 wrote:
13 Mar 2021 03:48
Got hooked on Motorsport Manager. Which makes no sense since I get easily bored with all motorsports with the exception of rally driving. :messedup:

It's light enough of a sim that one doesn't need to know much about cars. Has good balance between making financial and tactical decisions outside of races, and managing the real-time races can be nail-biting stuff. Some weirdnesses drop it from being a 5-star game, but a solid first effort by the developer.

Man, I SO wish EA's monopoly on the NFL license ended so that someone could develop a proper NFL Manager title. There's so much potential in that, but not wide enough market for EA. :evil:
It's all awful. EA should be ashamed of what they release for sports titles. Every year they are horribly flawed. Blocking the rest of the market, like years without NFL game on the PC. Then they bring it back and its crap. NBA games are crap too.
RIP JustJeff