Topic Split: Stock Market Watch

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Captain_Ben wrote:
19 Feb 2021 09:50
BF004 wrote:
18 Feb 2021 12:51
Captain_Ben wrote:
18 Feb 2021 12:30
What are all your theories as to why gold is not way up right now?
Promises of better returns elsewhere? :idn:

So many fun places to throw money right now, I think people are looking for something that is likely to move more.

I’m certainly not looking to increase my metal supply at the moment.
That's the crazy thing- seems like almost nothing is "down" right now, except for bonds. And given the economic fundamentals, the one thing that historically should be waaaay up, gold, has been consolidating for like 8 months!

You could blindfold a monkey and have it pick assets by throwing darts and still gain. I'm just wondering what the ultimate outcome will be.
Definitely looking to diversify a bunch right now, but yeah, everything working like crazy.

I've believed in crypto a while and Tesla buying in 1.5 billion was so huge for it. That's gunna keep snowballing to more and more companies getting in in my opinion.

I was predicting 60,000 by summer, 80,000 by 2022, looking like I was maybe too conservative. :P

I think crypto gunna get another big push when those stimmy checks come out. I keep saying I don't want to buy at the peak before then, but now I'm just kicking myself for not getting in more at 45,000.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Don't get suckered in by the bogeyman that is hyper-inflation. It's been predicted for 4 decades and has yet to come to fruition.

Agree though, that markets are too high. There has got to be a reset at some point. I want to get some assets into Bonds, but there just isn't any point. You lose buying power. It's turning around though.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Captain_Ben wrote:
19 Feb 2021 09:45

Wow I did not know that about the dollar in the 1800's and would never have guessed it to be true.
I saw this maybe six months ago. Was surprised myself.
Ending the Fed is romantic to think about but man I just don't see how that could ever happen. I would settle for an audit of the Fed, but even that is about as likely as Trump hooking up with Rosie O'donnell.
They are ending the Federal reserve bank in Myanmar. Military has taken over after widespread election fraud (sound familiar?). What is amazing, though perhaps not surprising, is that so many people are protesting to enslave themselves.

Anyway, I get it that ending the Fed in Myanmar isn't the same scale as in the US. But it is possible. Just takes the right people with the right courage.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Flirting with a gamma squeeze right now, LFG!!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

after a couple of days of nice gains, AMC jumped up again today but has level back off.

I think it's funny. Every day AMC goes up, the rest of my options drop. When AMC drops, everything else goes up. I know its a coincidence for the most part as they are all very different markets. But just kind of funny.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
24 Feb 2021 11:51
after a couple of days of nice gains, AMC jumped up again today but has level back off.

I think it's funny. Every day AMC goes up, the rest of my options drop. When AMC drops, everything else goes up. I know its a coincidence for the most part as they are all very different markets. But just kind of funny.
There we go you diamond handed m $%@#!!! Enjoy your tendies!!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
24 Feb 2021 15:59
paco wrote:
24 Feb 2021 11:51

There we go you diamond handed m $%@#!!! Enjoy your tendies!!
Finished up on everything today and AMC is back where I bought it. Big 3 days. Diamond hands until I'm dead!
image.png
image.png (944.97 KiB) Viewed 519 times
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

paper hands look like they sold off late today. :evil: :nono:
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
25 Feb 2021 15:04
paper hands look like they sold off late today. :evil: :nono:
I think yesterday it spike late, that gamma squeeze looking very likely, so the speculation of it, everyone wanted to get ahead of it.

With the whole market looking like trash today, I think everyone was less confident. Total snowball too, the higher the price, the more like the squeeze and the higher it goes, lower the stock, less it likely is squeezes.

Big day tomorrow, many doubling and tripling down on calls for Friday right now. I still believe, short interest spiked today, https://iborrowdesk.com/report/AMC Volume way up right now. Big today tomorrow with all the expiring call options.

image.png
image.png (6.89 KiB) Viewed 504 times
image.png
image.png (65.5 KiB) Viewed 504 times

Expected some action for sure today and tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Let's go get 'em [mention]paco[/mention]!!

Uncle Bruce convinced me GME wasn't a dead cat, bought a share at like 50 and 75 and again at 115.

Totally forgot yesterday I set a sell limit at like 206 on the first two shares, was pist when I saw the email notification like an hour later they triggered, but then I got to by back in at $180. :lol: Pure skill :rotf:

Needless to say I bought $52 worth of doge with that surplus. :beer2:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
09 Mar 2021 11:34
Let's go get 'em @paco!!

Uncle Bruce convinced me GME wasn't a dead cat, bought a share at like 50 and 75 and again at 115.

Totally forgot yesterday I set a sell limit at like 206 on the first two shares, was pist when I saw the email notification like an hour later they triggered, but then I got to by back in at $180. :lol: Pure skill :rotf:

Needless to say I bought $52 worth of doge with that surplus. :beer2:
:clap: I'm still not in on GME (wish I had bought some) but I am still holding AMC. Not as big a riser today, but up about 13% today so far. Still in it for the long haul on my whole portfolio!
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I'm dumb as rocks for not buying in on GME when it was low. Up $80 so far today again, up $200 this week.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
10 Mar 2021 10:43
I'm dumb as rocks for not buying in on GME when it was low. Up $80 so far today again, up $200 this week.
I keep setting a sell limit and keep cancelling it and upping it. Don't have a ton of GME, but fun to watch, might just hold indefinitely and see if this can hit 1,000, lol.

If it gets laddered down to <200, I'll prolly toss some more on GME, big day coming up on March 19th, the quadruple witching day.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

so much for today's gain. Just looked again and now it's down 2%. Somebody must have had a large sell when it went north of $300/325.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
10 Mar 2021 12:09
so much for today's gain. Just looked again and now it's down 2%. Somebody must have had a large sell when it went north of $300/325.
Coordinated attack, grasping at straws, zero chance that was organic.

Actually threw $200 more at GME, got in at $220. :lol:

Might see if I can add more to GME before the EOD, with the SSR in place tomorrow and gamma squeeze potential, potential for a very big day tomorrow.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Great start to the week here.

Quadruple witching day on Friday, crazy amount of calls expiring Friday, lot at like 13, 15, 20, and 40. IF its looking like its gunna close over 13, should be enough for a pretty good gamma squeeze already, 15 or 20, could realistically see 3 digit price in the near future.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

You say a lot of fancy words I don't know the meaning of. :lol: But happy to see AMC up 25% today.

Been meaning to ask you [mention]BF004[/mention] . Where can I buy those TTCoins in your picture? I think that should be the next big cryptocoin.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
15 Mar 2021 11:04
You say a lot of fancy words I don't know the meaning of. :lol: But happy to see AMC up 25% today.

Been meaning to ask you @BF004 . Where can I buy those TTCoins in your picture? I think that should be the next big cryptocoin.
I've been lobbying to get them on Coinbase. :lol:

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Unpopular opinion here but I think it might be time to sell Bitcoin. Thinking about taking profits and buying back if it takes a dive.