NCAA Tournament

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Trudge
Reactions:

NCAA Tournament

Post by Trudge »

Number 2 OSU dropped it's first game against Oral Roberts. I just wanted to point that out. First game won since 74.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Nice to see Sister Jean still in action at 101 years old. Wearing a mask too!

Tough matchup next for the Ramblers ....... going against #1 seed Illinois.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

North Carolina ousted in the 1st round - by Wisconsin no less! - and Duke didn't even make the dance. These are not the NCAA Tournament days of old...

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Trudge wrote:
19 Mar 2021 16:31
Number 2 OSU dropped it's first game against Oral Roberts. I just wanted to point that out. First game won since 74.
Yep, took a chance and took OSU to win my bracket. :lol:
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Packfntk wrote:
20 Mar 2021 14:58
Trudge wrote:
19 Mar 2021 16:31
Yep, took a chance and took OSU to win my bracket. :lol:
Ouch :lol:

Can't be too bad though, being a Michigan fan and all. :D

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Oral Roberts has beaten Ohio State more time than Jim Harbaugh has. :rotf:

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

BF004 wrote:
20 Mar 2021 18:13
Oral Roberts has beaten Ohio State more time than Jim Harbaugh has. :rotf:
Yeah...about that...

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Sic em. COVID really screwed us up but the farther we get out from it, the better we should be. I want that Gonzaga matchup that we were robbed of earlier this season.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

texas wrote:
22 Mar 2021 01:11
Sic em. COVID really screwed us up but the farther we get out from it, the better we should be. I want that Gonzaga matchup that we were robbed of earlier this season.
Are you talking Baylor - Gonzaga? Or something else?

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
22 Mar 2021 16:51
texas wrote:
22 Mar 2021 01:11
Are you talking Baylor - Gonzaga? Or something else?
yeah

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Final Four bound! Sic em Bears. Honestly we should be able to beat Houston, although nothing is guaranteed of course. I just have a feeling we will be playing Michigan for the championship.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

texas wrote:
29 Mar 2021 23:24
Final Four bound! Sic em Bears. Honestly we should be able to beat Houston, although nothing is guaranteed of course. I just have a feeling we will be playing Michigan for the championship.
Get your sneakers laced up.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

texas wrote:
29 Mar 2021 23:24
Still gotta win tonight.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

National Champs! Never thought we'd be at this level honestly, but we have been a contender now for 2 years.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

texas wrote:
06 Apr 2021 00:08
National Champs! Never thought we'd be at this level honestly, but we have been a contender now for 2 years.
I have to say, Baylor was on a different level. There defense is just...wow. Unbelievable.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Baylor was so good that they made that game boring to watch. Congrats to their fans - I guess. I just can’t stand Baylor, rape university and all that.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Gunzaan wrote:
06 Apr 2021 10:20
Baylor was so good that they made that game boring to watch. Congrats to their fans - I guess. I just can’t stand Baylor, rape university and all that.
I don't think our rape rate is any higher than any other university, but even so, it's hard to argue with how the university handled it once it became known- they fired just about everyone.

That being said, to this day there has only been one player actually found guilty. With rape it can be sort of difficult to secure a conviction but still, just one player... The rest acquitted. OU had more than us over the same time period. This was partially a media creation for 3 reasons: 1) Ken Starr was the president, and the liberal media hates him and is always looking to embarrass a prominent Republican; 2) UT Austin largely drove the story because we were beginning to surpass them at everything; 3) Baylor sort of represents about as traditional/WASP of a school as there is nowadays, and again the liberal media hates that. So we had a giant target on our back for unrelated reasons.

In hindsight, Art Briles probably did need to be fired, not necessarily for the reasons stated by the popular narrative as stated by the mob, but because you can't be bringing that atmosphere to a Baptist school. And his text messages that became public showed that he was at least aware of allegations, and his response was to blame the women for hanging around "that bad dude", which is ridiculous. He deserves another shot at this point though.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

texas wrote:
10 Apr 2021 01:04
Gunzaan wrote:
I don't think our rape rate is any higher than any other university, but even so, it's hard to argue with how the university handled it once it became known- they fired just about everyone.

That being said, to this day there has only been one player actually found guilty. With rape it can be sort of difficult to secure a conviction but still, just one player... The rest acquitted. OU had more than us over the same time period. This was partially a media creation for 3 reasons: 1) Ken Starr was the president, and the liberal media hates him and is always looking to embarrass a prominent Republican; 2) UT Austin largely drove the story because we were beginning to surpass them at everything; 3) Baylor sort of represents about as traditional/WASP of a school as there is nowadays, and again the liberal media hates that. So we had a giant target on our back for unrelated reasons.

In hindsight, Art Briles probably did need to be fired, not necessarily for the reasons stated by the popular narrative as stated by the mob, but because you can't be bringing that atmosphere to a Baptist school. And his text messages that became public showed that he was at least aware of allegations, and his response was to blame the women for hanging around "that bad dude", which is ridiculous. He deserves another shot at this point though.
I’ll fully admit I’m not that invested in the situation or the college, so You know a heck of a lot more about it the I do.

Having one conviction but firing everyone is suspicious. Also, a college will usually have a college town’s police force in their back pocket, so only one conviction is highly suspicious - especially given that everyone was fired.

I guess I’ll take your opinion into how I feel about Baylor but it still “feels” like rape university- kind of like how Penn State is pedo university. 🤷‍♂️

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Gunzaan wrote:
10 Apr 2021 09:54
texas wrote:
10 Apr 2021 01:04
Gunzaan wrote:

I’ll fully admit I’m not that invested in the situation or the college, so You know a heck of a lot more about it the I do.

Having one conviction but firing everyone is suspicious. Also, a college will usually have a college town’s police force in their back pocket, so only one conviction is highly suspicious - especially given that everyone was fired.

I guess I’ll take your opinion into how I feel about Baylor but it still “feels” like rape university- kind of like how Penn State is pedo university. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah I mean one rape is too many, but the other thing that offended the regents that I heard actually caused them to clean house was that the volleyball team was having orgies with the football team and there was video of it, and since Baylor is a southern baptist university, that kind of Sodom and Gomorrah behavior is a no-no so that was that.

I knew of at least a couple cases of date rape while I was there, some arrested, but they weren't football players and I've seen more roofies on 6th street in Austin than I did while I was in Waco, and I lived in Austin for a much shorter time (so far). The rape feeling is probably predominantly because the media successfully did what they set out to do.