Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I just can't get behind the Packers holding Rodgers back at all.

Really each team can get a 1 to 2 year window every 5 years or so of having the opportunity to be a legit top end NFL team who should be a favorite to win the SB. Anything more than that is essentially impossible due to where you select in the draft and constraints that the cap places on teams.

You basically see that with all of your teams too. Seattle, SF, LAR, ATL, GB are really the teams in the NFC this past decade that have had those teams in those windows.

2010 - 2011: Green Bay and New Orleans
2012 - 2013: SF
2013 - 2014: SEA and GB (GB impacted in 2013 to injury)
2015: kind of a weird year where AZ and CAR were the best amongst a pretty poor NFC
2016: ATL
2017 - 2018: NO's and LAR (PHI and MN once again benefited a lot from a down NFC)
2019 - 2020: SF, NO's and GB (SF got hit with injuries to not fill this run)

And underlying all of this you have basically Green Bay, Seattle and to a lesser extent NO's always "being in it" due to those three teams having consistency at QB the last decade.

What is interesting in the NFC is your top QB's have all pretty much blown it for one reason or another. Some due to their fault. Others due to poor reffing or defense/weird as sh*t plays, etc.

But the consistent thing you see is GB and NO's have actually provided their QB the most "legit windows" out of any of the teams the past decade. And again this is just from a "how is the roster looking" point of view.

All teams have a "gap" in roster level at some point. GB has the smallest gap of all the teams.

And even more, the only team on this list that actually has a Lombardi is Seattle in 2013. Otherwise Tom Brady and Eli Manning basically ruin everything because they stole championships that shouldn't have been their's.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Ty Dunne doesn’t provide very uplifting packer stories.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
05 May 2021 11:20
no, he does not. But he's been pretty spot on. I haven't read his latest, I really should subscribe.
RIP JustJeff

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
He is trying to sell subscriptions - and negativity sells...
IT. IS. TIME

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
05 May 2021 10:56
salmar80 wrote:
05 May 2021 10:33
@lupedafiasco I think there should be a separate thread on your theory claiming the Packers as an organization don't want to win it all, just want to win enough to keep ticket prices high. If true, I'd want everyone in the front office fired. Do you wanna start that thread, or should I?
No need to start a separate thread on something everyone is scared to admit is true.
You are not scared of saying that. So that's not everyone. Your insight should have the spotlight it deserves. I'm sure your logic and wisdom will inspire many. Maybe you'll be able to uplift some sheep into wolves.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BSA wrote:
05 May 2021 11:22
BF004 wrote:
He is trying to sell subscriptions - and negativity sells...
Ty started on this journey well before he was selling subscriptions.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
05 May 2021 10:12
Scott4Pack wrote:
05 May 2021 10:09
paco wrote:
05 May 2021 09:54
My first thought of this, if true, was this. Who would want a QB showing this kind of character on their team? But then, if Aaron is desperate to be traded, maybe that's part of his plan.

In the end, I sure hope we really are not judging AR because of his personal opinions, tweeted or otherwise. I'd prefer him to just shut up and carry on.
Any team in the league that doesn’t have a franchise QB. Basically half the league if not more. The 49ers had the third pick and tried.

What character do you not want? The one that really wants to win?
The best employee in the building that brings home the bacon and closes the most deals makes the boss look good and helps him keep his job. The employee can make fun of the boss and get away with it bc of his production. 12 is in that category. The guys a known jerk, gotta weird “I’m alpha” vibe. You deal with it when he is the MVP
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Coming from a fan of Ted Thompson (and to an extent Mike McCarthy), I had more problems with the way they handled things down the last end of the stretch compared to what Gute has give us the last few years. I questioned the Jordan Love pick, and still do, but what exactly has he done other than get this roster ready for two back to back runs to the NFC Championship game? How can anyone in social media, big heads, fans say that he's a !@#$ poor GM?

The only evidence people have are the Jordan Love pick and now Kumerow.

Love was there, they liked what the saw, and have confidence in his abilities to take over down the stretch. I can disagree with it, but Rodgers isn't no spring chicken and had been going through the motions for a number of years. Gute was simply looking out for our future, and we don't get the opportunity to draft QB's in those positions because we're always picking down the tree. Bottom line: I didn't like the pick, but this definitely doesn't make him a garbage GM. And now doesn't even seem to the be the real reason why Rodgers was put over the edge.

But Kumerow? Rodgers needs to get over himself, and quickly. This is the same dude who decided to dive into the end-zone near the end of the preseason and hurt himself going into the season. So, he eventually gets the opportunity into 2019 and was on the field for 328 snaps on offense, enough for 30.4%. 12 receptions on 21 targets. 219 and a TD. Not exactly the caliber we were looking for. Where's he at now? Buffalo in 2020: 6 games. One catch. 22 yards. TD. This dude has been to six different stops!

Or is it the money thing? Which has been disputed now. If so, what is the deal here? In one side of his mouth he wants more talent on the offensive side of the ball, but... he's using (and with the potential of more) all of the cap space. You can't have it both ways here dude, I thought you were smarter than this.

The longer this drags on, and the more crap that comes out about Rodgers, makes me dislike him more and more by the day. Even if it's not true, come out and say it. But he won't because the whole thing was calculated down to the hour. He's bathing in the chaos as we know it, which speaks volumes on the type of character he possesses.

Few round one draft picks are sounding better and better by the day over dealing with this cry baby.
RIP JustJeff

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

You can only make fun of the boss and defy him if your boss has a boss AND the 2 do not think alike. Otherwise, you are going to take a hike. This is not Gute's decision, it may be mostly his strategy to implement the decision but IMO it is Murphy's decision. Murphy answers to no one, at least not now.

If Love is a bust and AR leads his new team to a SB victory, then Murphy and Gute get fired. I doubt both happen.

As for Kumerow. He plays hard. Had they kept him rather than ESB, it would not have mattered much. But at the end of the day he still got to play in the NFL, he earned almost 2 million dollars and he has a decent highlight reel. Not bad for a guy with limited talent.
Last edited by TheSkeptic on 05 May 2021 12:42, edited 1 time in total.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheSkeptic wrote:
05 May 2021 12:30
You can only make fun of the boss and defy him if your boss has a boss AND the 2 do not think alike. Otherwise, you are going to take a hike. This is not Gute's decision, it may be mostly his strategy to implement the decision but IMO it is Murphy's decision. Murphy answers to no one, at least not now.

If Love is a bust and AR leads his new team to a SB victory, then Murphy and Gute get fired. I doubt both happen.
Rodgers doesn’t even have to lead his new team to a SB. If Love does not work out you can this FO and try and keep LaFleur.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheSkeptic wrote:
If Love is a bust and AR leads his new team to a SB victory, then Murphy and Gute get fired.
That is worst case scenario and I believe the consequences would be as you laid out. Even Murphy answer to someone (someones). I think the outcry calling for his head would be pretty local and I think the Board would comply. He's got to be approaching retirement age, anyway, so maybe this would just expedite the process.

Read More. Post Less.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

NCF wrote:
05 May 2021 12:35
TheSkeptic wrote:
If Love is a bust and AR leads his new team to a SB victory, then Murphy and Gute get fired.
That is worst case scenario and I believe the consequences would be as you laid out. Even Murphy answer to someone (someones). I think the outcry calling for his head would be pretty local and I think the Board would comply. He's got to be approaching retirement age, anyway, so maybe this would just expedite the process.
Murphy is 65. I suppose it depends on the team, but I am assuming AR will not accept a trade except to a contender. No team will trade for him unless they know he will play for them.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

[mention]lupedafiasco[/mention]

First thing I thought of with your sig.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Mcafee saying that “it is being reported that...” Rodgers was telling FAs not to come bc he wasn’t going to be there.

If that’s true, that could be the sources of the leaks and that is beyond egregious.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Sabotaging the team is yet another thing Rodgers can add to the list of things that he did better than Favre. If you would have told me during the Favre fiasco that we'd have another all-time QB, who would then be even more dramatic and more of a saboteur than Favre, I wouldn't have believed it.

Maybe this is really all just Rodgers continuing to try to prove he's better than Favre in every way :dunno:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
05 May 2021 13:07
Mcafee saying that “it is being reported that...” Rodgers was telling FAs not to come bc he wasn’t going to be there.

If that’s true, that could be the sources of the leaks and that is beyond egregious.
Except he let his buddy Mercedes Lewis go there.

I don't buy that.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
05 May 2021 14:37
Drj820 wrote:

Except he let his buddy Mercedes Lewis go there.

I don't buy that.
Lewis wasn't going anywhere except GB or retirement. He can retire now if he wants. But I also don't buy it because he and Tim Boyle were supposedly close. If Boyle had any idea that this would happen he would not have signed with the Lions. In fact, I doubt that Rodgers had fully made up his mind until the day before the draft.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:

I don’t believe this at all. If that’s the case he would have told team mates not to resign here so I doubt Jones or Lewis would have came back.

I doubt Rodgers has spoken a word to Kevin King considering he’s the reason we didn’t go to the SB.
Cancelled by the forum elites.