Rookie Camp

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 May 2021 15:17
Yoop wrote:
18 May 2021 15:17
go pak go wrote:
18 May 2021 15:11

:rotf: :rotf: So you say your memory can't think of any other teams but then casually slide in "about 17 or so other teams have better #2's."

I am going to see if I can start posting with your logic and see how it goes for a bit.
GO LOOK IT UP
Look what up?
what is it that we are talking about?? this is why I block out your post, idiotic senseless questions just to confuse the conversation, people have already listed a doz or more teams that have a better #2 WR then we do.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 May 2021 15:28
They are competent #2s, Lazard more so, MVS a much better player when he can be a #3. Aware not devoid of a #2.

Some of those #2s mentioned are very questionable.
Take them away from the Daniel Jones of the world and put them with 12 and they are all suddenly pro bowlers. They are better already with their scrub QBs and not playing across from #17 :idn:

I don’t care about Lazard’s combine 40 time, he can’t seperate. All his catches appear great bc he can’t get a step on CB2s.

Rodgers throws it to him when he’s covered, many QBs would never.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
18 May 2021 15:24
Pckfn23 wrote:
18 May 2021 15:12
Drj820 wrote:
18 May 2021 15:01

Il name a few and let someone else name the next few on the long list.

Seahawks with Metcalf and Lockett
Cowboys with Amari and Ceedee
Bengals with Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd
Bucs with Evans and Godwin
Throw the Steelers in, Johnson and Smith-Schuster
Rams, Kupp and Woods.

I would say Bengals similar, not noticeably better.

Who else?
Oh I think Tyler Boyd is MUCH better than MVS or Lazard. I was considering Jamar Chase their WR1.

Cardinals with Nuk, Kirk, and Larry Fitz

Niners with Aiyuk Deebo as the number 2

Skins with McLauren or Curtis Samuel as the 2

Giants with Galladay, and then Toney or Sterling Shephard as the 2. Shepherd is better than Lazard or MVS. He already is even with little Daniel Jones throwing to him

Dolphins with Jaylen Waddle as the 1 and Devante Parker as the 2. He is every bit of Lazard, imagine if he Rodgers tossing to him.

Chargers: Keenan Allen and Mike Williams

Chiefs: Mecole Hardeman is better than MVS and Lazard.

Bills: Cole Beesley almost went for 1000 yards last year, hes better than MVS and Lazard with Diggs as the 1

There are some more too. The list is pretty deep.

Again, I am not saying this O requires the best and brightest WR2, that is not my argument...i just dont think MVS or Lazard are good WR2s, thats the point I am making.
thanks DR J it seems your one of the few here willing to admit our short comings at the receiver position.

this goes hand in hand with Rodgers availability for this coming season, minus Rodgers and we'll all see just how poor this receiver group is, sure Dillon will help the run game, but teams will just load up and stop it, then what?

whatever thats worse case scenario and I still expect Rodgers to be a Packer, but who knows.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

You ever have one of those long and loud arguments where everyone is yelling at each other but are all actually in agreement?

That is what this WR 2 conversation has been all about.

Everyone is yelling. Everyone is yelling the same thing. Everyone is super proud of themselves because they believe they are right; when everyone is saying the same thing. :rotf:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I honestly think most of us agree and we are just debating one person who thinks waaayyy too highly of Lazard (in my opinion)

My entire push back has been around the idea that Teams would be happy to have Lazard as their WR2

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
18 May 2021 16:00
I honestly think most of us agree and we are just debating one person who thinks waaayyy too highly of Lazard (in my opinion)

My entire push back has been around the idea that Teams would be happy to have Lazard as their WR2
You know what I hope more than anything though Dr J?

I hope Packfn23 proves you wrong so much this fall.

And I will say that Lazard absolutely smoked the Rams. That's what sucks. The woulda coulda shoulda of the #2 and #3 WRs playoff story of 2021.

But yeah as of right now, I would put the Packers WR corps behind Adams at around that 14 to 18 slot most likely. Which again I will argue is competent and nothing to complain too hard about. I don't see it as a huge indictment.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
18 May 2021 16:04
Drj820 wrote:

And I will say that Lazard absolutely smoked the Rams. That's what sucks. The woulda coulda shoulda of the #2 and #3 WRs playoff story of 2021.
Me too, i would love for Lazard to become a super star :)

I think it’s more likely tho that Lazard will matter less and less to this O in terms of production, yet continue to be valuable in terms of what he does without the ball as Amari Rodgers gets more and more touches.

I think Amari makes a year one impact and I think with Adams, Amari, Tonyan, the RBs, and the occasional MVS moonball..there is just not enough ball to go around for a Lazard type. And that’s how it should be.

Im excited about Amari Rodgers

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:

That idea was never stated.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Amari Rodgers is what the team needed. He can be that #2 option. Consistent hands. Really good route running for his experience. Able to be a playmaker. If he can be a more durable Cobb it will only help MVS. Lazard is just a guy IMO. Great blocker but he’s too limited an athlete to be as inconsistent as he is.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
18 May 2021 16:09
go pak go wrote:
18 May 2021 16:04
Drj820 wrote:

Me too, i would love for Lazard to become a super star :)

I think it’s more likely tho that Lazard will matter less and less to this O in terms of production, yet continue to be valuable in terms of what he does without the ball as Amari Rodgers gets more and more touches.

I think Amari makes a year one impact and I think with Adams, Amari, Tonyan, the RBs, and the occasional MVS moonball..there is just not enough ball to go around for a Lazard type. And that’s how it should be.

Im excited about Amari Rodgers
I absolutely agree with this.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I only know one thing for sure, I have been saying we need to add another receiver like a Cobb or a Adams for a long time, and I've gotten a lot of push back around here.

I brought a link today that even though a projection of 2020 was still based upon the situation the previous year when we ranked #25 or 6 compared to other league teams, instead of people accepting those rankings APB points out it's just a projection so there fore isn't real, or 23 with his lamo questions, and all they do is convince me they don't want to deal with reality, which is this, we do not have a legitimate #2 WR, we have one of the best in the league with Adams, and then a few others that compliment him, if they where better, then Adams wouldn't be thrown at 150 times, MVS would have caught more then half his targets, or our TE who we depended on to catch 92 % of the balls thrown to him.

I don't expect improvement to much with MVS, or obviously Tonyan the TE, he's already caught nearly everything to come his way, and MVS while a deep threat that has to be honored is mostly just that, a player with enough speed and good enough hands that a defense has to protect itself deep when he's on the field, what can we expect from Adams? the goal should be to feature him less, not more, the only player that takes this passing game to the next level imo is Amari Rodgers, I expect Lafluer will want him in the game as soon as possible.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 May 2021 16:12
That idea was never stated.
I think a more accurate way to make the non-stated statement would be:

"Most NFL teams that run this offense would be thrilled with the value Lazard brings as a starting WR... acquired without investing a draft pick and only minimum pay of $675k in 2020 and $ 850K in 2021.

Comparing him to CeeDee Lamb, who required an investment of 17th pick of the 1st round is just not an enlightened approach.
Lamb has already earned $ 8 Million and cost the cowboys a premium draft pick. (And he doesn't even block !) :)
IT. IS. TIME

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Well wage and draft selection and opportunity cost to obtain the player wasn’t apart of the debate, we were just comparing #2 WRs on rosters, which they both are...if asked to choose between Lazard and Lamb just off ability...Il take CeeDee please.

The question was what teams have a better WR2 than the packers, I would easily put the Cowboys on that list.

Additionally if the question is who have helped us go to the SB in the NFGCG in 2020, i would have loved to have had CeeDee on the field in the second half of that game.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
18 May 2021 16:27
I only know one thing for sure, I have been saying we need to add another receiver like a Cobb or a Adams for a long time, and I've gotten a lot of push back around here.
If only Gutey used his 2nd round pick on a WR rather than Josh Jackson in 2018.

This forum would have nothing to talk about!
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
18 May 2021 16:50
Yoop wrote:

or the lber, or a couple of DL, or a couple of OL, we had opertunity to take a receiver, but we always had needs elsewhere, we can blame some of this on Teds refusal to use UFA more, but it's still border line neglect :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
18 May 2021 16:59
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

or the lber, or a couple of DL, or a couple of OL, we had opertunity to take a receiver, but we always had needs elsewhere
And this is why I don't get upset about our #2 WR position like you do.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Hmmm, Michael Gallop, Christian Kirk, DJ Chark, or Anthony Miller?

I think Gallup. But maybe Chark

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
18 May 2021 17:04
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I loved Anthony Miller.

Honestly at this point I don't care about the name. I just want ANY WR over Jackson because Jackson ended up sucking and at least selecting a WR would end 80% of this forum's topic of #2 WR Talk.

But who am I kidding, if the WR wasn't very good the talk would then be about lack of First Round WR's.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
18 May 2021 17:06
YoHoChecko wrote:
18 May 2021 17:04
go pak go wrote:

I loved Anthony Miller.

Honestly at this point I don't care about the name. I just want ANY WR over Jackson because Jackson ended up sucking and at least selecting a WR would end 80% of this forum's topic of #2 WR Talk.

But who am I kidding, if the WR wasn't very good the talk would then be about lack of First Round WR's.
[/quot :rotf:

I think we drafted our #2, might take a few games to get in there, but if Cobb is right Rodgers is basically a walk on, and will be tough to cover, with big time yak ability, should make the offense more potent.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Yoop wrote:
18 May 2021 17:11
should make the offense more potent.
How will we know its more potent ?
The 2020 Packers scored more points than any other team last year
The 2020 Packers scored more points on the road than every other NFL team scored at home

Its true, you can look it up... :)

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/points-per-game
IT. IS. TIME