Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Paraphrasing:

The people make the organization and build the foundation of those entities.

Never about the draft pick, loves Jordan. Lot of fun. Love coaching staff, teammates, and fanbase.

It's about a philosophy and maybe forgetting about the people, character, culture, doing things the right way.

Last year thrown into motion.

It's about the people.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Cant say Kenny didn’t try to break some news. Only news I got out of it was that Rodgers likes everyone but Murphy and Gute and their “philosophy” has caused this riff.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Reading between the lines of his interview, Rodgers wants to leave. The only way to fix is to fire Gute, else a trade is virtually unavoidable.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

So let me understand. The guy who not long ago extended his contract and has played for what, 16 years, is NOW and only in the last years, dealing with people issues? Seriously?

I don't want to dismiss anything that Aaron says or feels. But I've been in the workplace for 40 years. I'd have been shocked if "people issues" or "culture issues" were only an issue for ONE of those years.

Maybe he should just shut up and play. He might play 5 more years, if his old bones stay healthy. That isn't very much. And he's drawing away from his legacy with all of this holdout.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

German_Panzer wrote:
25 May 2021 02:27
Reading between the lines of his interview, Rodgers wants to leave. The only way to fix is to fire Gute, else a trade is virtually unavoidable.
And that's what he thinks is "the right way"? For the GM to be appointed by the QB?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The way I interpreted it was that Rodgers has not liked the way the organization has handled moving on from players which is fair but it’s like that everywhere.

You think about CM3 talking about being cut wrapping up a 10 year career in a 2 minute phone call. Jordy cut. Graham cut. Sittin cut. Most of them rightfully so but with that Rodgers saw what was coming. He said as much when he said a wrench was thrown in the Packers plans when he won MVP.

I think Rodgers feels he could do a better job which I totally can relate to.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Meanwhile Z and Kenny Clark show up to OTAs. Kenny Mayne said it best "F-you Rodgers!"

This drama is hurting the "people". Which proves It's not about the people, it's about the "person"! What a douche he's turned into. I honestly don't care if he plays or not. But don't trade him, l would let him decide. If he shows up late then make him the #3 QB and play Jordan. Would be fun to see him hold a clipboard all year.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 May 2021 05:10
You think about CM3 talking about being cut wrapping up a 10 year career in a 2 minute phone call. Jordy cut. Graham cut. Sittin cut. Most of them rightfully so but with that Rodgers saw what was coming. He said as much when he said a wrench was thrown in the Packers plans when he won MVP.
So let's fact check what has changed...

Sterling Sharpe unceremoniously released by Ron Wolf after injury.
Reggie White not allowed to play again for the Packers by Ron Wolf. Plays for Panthers.
Brett Favre told he will be a back-up QB by Ted Thompson. Traded to Jets.
Charles Woodson unceremoniously released by Ted Thompson. Plays for Raiders.
Jordy Nelson unceremoniously released by Brian Gutekunst. Plays for Raiders.
Clay Matthews becomes a FA and Gutekunst shows no interest in re-signing him. Plays for Rams.

Who exactly did get a happy ending over the course of Packers modern history? Who was told it was their time and left to great fanfare? It doesn't seem like anything has changed.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote: The way I interpreted it was that Rodgers has not liked the way the organization has handled moving on from players which is fair but it’s like that everywhere.

This is the best interpretation I have read and I completely agree.

1. I think it is easily fixable.
2. I don't know if it will get fixed.
lupedafiasco wrote: I think Rodgers feels he could do a better job which I totally can relate to.
A lot of people do. Usually there is truth that good ideas can come from the staff, but there are also things staff never consider until they get to management. So like most things, it's a combination of both.
Last edited by go pak go on 25 May 2021 06:56, edited 2 times in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
25 May 2021 06:45
lupedafiasco wrote:

Reggie White not allowed to play again for the Packers by Ron Wolf. Plays for Panthers.
Clay Matthews becomes a FA and Gutekunst shows no interest in re-signing him. Plays for Rams.

Who exactly did get a happy ending over the course of Packers modern history? Who was told it was their time and left to great fanfare? It doesn't seem like anything has changed.
It's why I don't think he necessarily has a beef with Brian G, but rather the Ron Wolf "Packer Way". It's why he says culture all the time.

And it's becoming more real to him because he knows his time is coming and he wants to leverage his MVP season.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
The way I interpreted it was that Rodgers has not liked the way the organization has handled moving on from players which is fair but it’s like that everywhere.

I think Rodgers feels he could do a better job which I totally can relate to.
I didn't get much wiser as to what AR EXACTLY wants or requires to mend the relationship. :idn:

I guess there's an inherent schism when it comes to a front office handling the players. Does a GM have to have a cold-hearted mindset and think about the players mainly as assets to the organization? Yes. Feelings can't come in way of business decisions. Even superstars are assets. Does that prevent handling the players and transactions in a respectful, personalized way? Sometime that may be hard to do because of time- or other pressures, but an effort to handle things humanely should be made.

Tho at the end of the day, getting cut or traded is getting cut or traded, whether it's by a phone call from an intern, or by the GM coming to your house carrying a parting gift basket (or your locker and "we'll never forget you Brent" -balloons)...

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I just had to fire someone. The person wanted to be good for us so badly but the the technical skills were just lacking and we never saw the improvement.

It's not fun doing that. Though I must admit I don't try feeling bad for myself because the person being fired is in a fare worse position. The whole process of dealing with a termination humanely, while also continuing your business day to day operations is very challenging.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
25 May 2021 06:52
NCF wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

It's why I don't think he necessarily has a beef with Brian G, but rather the Ron Wolf "Packer Way". It's why he says culture all the time.

And it's becoming more real to him because he knows his time is coming and he wants to leverage his MVP season.
If that’s the case, Gute needs to realize ASAP this isn’t the 1990s anymore and he needs to learn how to treat people and players who see themselves as humans and not organization pawns.

Rodgers is hurting Guteys ability to attract non desperate players right now with his talk. Gutey needs a quick course correction or he won’t be employable anywhere as GM.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
25 May 2021 07:01

If that’s the case, Gute needs to realize ASAP this isn’t the 1990s anymore and he needs to learn how to treat people and players who see themselves as humans and not organization pawns.

Rodgers is hurting Guteys ability to attract non desperate players right now with his talk. Gutey needs a quick course correction or he won’t be employable anywhere as GM.
Yeah I would agree. It is also important to note that the Ron Wolf way has been very successful. In fact, the most continuous successful run the last 30 years.

So it's probably a bit in between. But I do think some more extra care and reach out to legends like 52, 87, 63, etc. etc. should be done.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
25 May 2021 07:05
Drj820 wrote:
25 May 2021 07:01

Yeah I would agree. It is also important to note that the Ron Wolf way has been very successful. In fact, the most continuous successful run the last 30 years.

So it's probably a bit in between. But I do think some more extra care and reach out to legends like 52, 87, 63, etc. etc. should be done.
I don’t think it would be successful without the legends and the legends need to be shown respect. Ron Wolf turned the org around in the 90s, legendary Packer...but the success of his system has more to do with landing 2 back to back HOF QBs than his methods of player acquisition and departure.

Rodgers knows the orgs success in the last decade is largely bc of himself and he doesn’t want to get a “thank you” by way of finding out on sports center he’s been canned. Cant blame him.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

All the players seem to think 12 is doing them a service. Gutey must really be a jacka**.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

unless I'am mistaken, which I'am sure you'll correct me if I'am, only Favre was still under contract, the rest where allowed to finish there contract.

why does a contract protect the employer, but not the worker?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Guys and gals, I know what happened. This has nothing to do with Love. This has nothing to do with other players getting cut. This has nothing to do with Gutey. It's not about money.

Aaron's favorite lunch lady and janitor were fired after being there for years. No going away party due to Covid. It's about the people! He's pissed and he won't stand for it. Reports are that the Broncos and every other team, treat their lunch ladies and janitors better than the Packers. And their jobs are dependent on the starting QB's wishes. This is the type of power Rodgers wants.
RIP JustJeff