Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Bogey wrote:
18 Jun 2021 11:31
BF004 wrote:
08 Jun 2021 14:21
@Bogey, how does the Packer brass treat you? :lol:
Hey BF! Sorry, I just saw this. :lol:

Well, they treat me way better than Aaron. In fact, I got a 25 cent per hour raise last year, so I'm assuming that tapped them out and that's why they can't afford to give Aaron an extension. :rotf:
Bogey's selfishness is the reason Aaron is not coming back!
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Rodgers has officially renewed his contract to Green Bay Country Club for the remainder of the year.

#breakingnews #wevebecomepathetic

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Acrobat wrote:
18 Jun 2021 14:11
Rodgers has officially renewed his contract to Green Bay Country Club for the remainder of the year.

Green Bay has a "Country Club"? Who knew?

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Raptorman wrote:
19 Jun 2021 00:43
Acrobat wrote:

Yep, it's pretty well known. Not one of those country clubs that lets everyone in. Gotta go to Thornbury for that.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

paco wrote:
18 Jun 2021 14:05
Bogey wrote:
18 Jun 2021 11:31
BF004 wrote:
08 Jun 2021 14:21
@Bogey, how does the Packer brass treat you? :lol:
Hey BF! Sorry, I just saw this. :lol:

Well, they treat me way better than Aaron. In fact, I got a 25 cent per hour raise last year, so I'm assuming that tapped them out and that's why they can't afford to give Aaron an extension. :rotf:
Bogey's selfishness is the reason Aaron is not coming back!
:rotf:
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I'm tired of this story and Rodgers needs to end it. It seems like it's obvious he's going to show up and he's only doing this to prove a point, but we've all had enough now.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Here is what sucks the most. It will be virtually impossible to sign Adams with Rodgers on the books and it will be virtually impossible to sign Adams with Rodgers not on the books...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jun 2021 22:23
Here is what sucks the most. It will be virtually impossible to sign Adams with Rodgers on the books and it will be virtually impossible to sign Adams with Rodgers not on the books...
I have a hunch if we offer Davante fair market value, he will have no hesitation to sign on the dotted line.

Now that going rate is like 23-25 per, but he would sign.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
22 Jun 2021 22:42
Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jun 2021 22:23
I have a hunch if we offer Davante fair market value, he will have no hesitation to sign on the dotted line.

Now that going rate is like 23-25 per, but he would sign.
Do we have the space for that even without Rodgers?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Yeah and that's another reason why just moving on and going with Love wouldn't be the worst thing. If we're being honest, where do we rank this year on paper in the NFC going into the year, even with Rodgers? I'd say 3rd, behind the Rams and Buccaneers. I mean maybe Brady finally tanks but that team is still stacked. Maybe the 2019 49ers come back (although I think it's unlikely), or maybe there's a surprise team like the 2019 49ers waiting out there too (Panthers?)

I really want Rodgers to come back, but even if he does, we're still pretty unlikely to win the Super Bowl.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

texas wrote:
22 Jun 2021 22:56
Yeah and that's another reason why just moving on and going with Love wouldn't be the worst thing. If we're being honest, where do we rank this year on paper in the NFC going into the year, even with Rodgers? I'd say 3rd, behind the Rams and Buccaneers. I mean maybe Brady finally tanks but that team is still stacked. Maybe the 2019 49ers come back (although I think it's unlikely), or maybe there's a surprise team like the 2019 49ers waiting out there too (Panthers?)

I really want Rodgers to come back, but even if he does, we're still pretty unlikely to win the Super Bowl.
No team is ever "likely" to win the SB, not with one and done playoffs and the injury lottery. We'd have a fine enough chance this season with AR.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Trudge wrote:
19 Jun 2021 01:41
Raptorman wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

Yep, it's pretty well known. Not one of those country clubs that lets everyone in. Gotta go to Thornbury for that.
Or Onieda Golf and Country Club which is members only too.

I can't believe he'd renew his membership if he was not coming back. We shall see...

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pugger wrote:
23 Jun 2021 06:29
Trudge wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

I can't believe he'd renew his membership if he was not coming back. We shall see...
I've renewed dumber &%$@ and never ended up using it.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
23 Jun 2021 07:24
Pugger wrote:
Trudge wrote:

Auto-pay is a dangerous thing sometimes.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
23 Jun 2021 07:26
NCF wrote:
23 Jun 2021 07:24
Pugger wrote:

Auto-pay is a dangerous thing sometimes.
Apparently it’s like 7k a year...he’d probably spend that just to get another story in the news and mess with the FO.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

texas wrote:

With Rodgers, this is the last year of the "Window" but nothing is guaranteed of course. Hell, even the Vikings could pose a real threat. I still think it's worth having Rodgers back this year mostly because I think Love could use another year developing and learning the system. I really don't want to set him up to fail because I think he'll be good.

If Rodgers comes back and the Packers regress (don't make the NFCCG), then it's more reason to move on after this year and retool the roster.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Acrobat wrote:
23 Jun 2021 07:48
texas wrote:

With Rodgers, this is the last year of the "Window" but nothing is guaranteed of course. Hell, even the Vikings could pose a real threat. I still think it's worth having Rodgers back this year mostly because I think Love could use another year developing and learning the system. I really don't want to set him up to fail because I think he'll be good.

If Rodgers comes back and the Packers regress (don't make the NFCCG), then it's more reason to move on after this year and retool the roster.
Problem is if Rodgers comes back and the Packers regress they will be lucky to get anything significant for him. Trade him now and they get somebody's 1st round pick from this year's draft and next year's 1st round pick too. No better way to retool than to stat with 4 1st round picks in 2 years.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

TheSkeptic wrote:
23 Jun 2021 12:18
Acrobat wrote:
23 Jun 2021 07:48
texas wrote:

Problem is if Rodgers comes back and the Packers regress they will be lucky to get anything significant for him. Trade him now and they get somebody's 1st round pick from this year's draft and next year's 1st round pick too. No better way to retool than to stat with 4 1st round picks in 2 years.
I think it would depend on how they regress. If they go 11-5 and lose in the playoffs but he still had a good year, I don't really see much if any depreciation of his value. If he looks old and can't throw, then we'll get closer to what we got for Favre.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

salmar80 wrote:
22 Jun 2021 23:48
texas wrote:

No team is ever "likely" to win the SB, not with one and done playoffs and the injury lottery. We'd have a fine enough chance this season with AR.
True enough. And even if one or two teams are clearly better than we are, on paper, an injury or two can change that along the way.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Just to be clear, "on paper" the Bucs and Packers were the top 2 teams in the NFC and both brought virtually everyone back for another go round.

Anyone else trying to be better than us "on paper" is only trying. Making changes to try to catch us. "On Paper" the Packers tied the Chiefs for the most Pro Bowl players in the league, took the conference 1-seed, and lost by 5 points to the eventual SB champions with their C+ performance and missing one of the league's top OTs.

If we're talking about teams on paper, the Packers are looking down from the peak. The NFC West teams? Just scrappin' and trying to be more like us. We were a specific ACL away from being the champs