What are you up to...?

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

What are you up to...?

Post by APB »

With the ability to easily add photos from your cell/mobile device, I thought it'd be fun to start a thread for members to illustrate their various hobbies and activities. Think of it as an easy way to get to know one another through photos.

I'll start:

Hitting the trails

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Yard work is actually calling my name though.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

[mention]TheGreenMan[/mention]

I get the sense you're not alone today in either activity...

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I love doing things without the thing.

Like golf without golf balls, golf courses of golf weather (disc golf):

Boating without a boat, also meditating without meditating (try and guess which part I photoshopped):

Ski jumping without skis or jumping (would've loved to ski jump for real, safer than it looks):

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I was big into disc golf as a teen, actually got pretty good at it, but went away from it once I started adulting. I picked up a few discs for my kids and I about 7-8 yrs ago to try our hand at a local course and quickly came to discover it was a very perishable skill!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Enjoying a rum and coke by the fire after constructing my new adirondack chairs.

Daisy is enjoying the rare sunlight without obnoxious wind.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Poor girl is 10 already. Very prematurely always get sad just thinking about that age. Best dog I’ve ever known, she is an angel.

Mutt from the Sparta Humane Society, if anyone knows where Sparta is. Run away dog from an Amish farm, got her about 4 months old.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Working on being less hungover while I work and watch film. Them outside time before Round 2.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

APB wrote:
24 Apr 2020 14:46
I was big into disc golf as a teen, actually got pretty good at it, but went away from it once I started adulting. I picked up a few discs for my kids and I about 7-8 yrs ago to try our hand at a local course and quickly came to discover it was a very perishable skill!
I suck at it, but it's among good excuses to spend time outdoors.

Finland's terrain is custom-made for disc golf. And there's space in spades. Cities and townships can effectively build a disc golf course by chopping down (and selling) some trees, putting up some tees and baskets, and gardening it every two weeks until there's a disc golf club with volunteers to do it. Next to no cost when built in gov't owned areas not billed for other development, which we have plenty of.

It's a great outdoors activity in these isolation times. Easy to maintain distance to others. You get to bike to nature and play and walk in it for free.

Here's the map of disc golf courses in Finland. There are about 30 above the Arctic Circle...
-
image.png
image.png (432.7 KiB) Viewed 8439 times

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Holy smokes! You Fins love you some disc golf!

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Before stuff happened...I was getting into cooking better things and taking pictures to show them off.

Sadly...still down to one arm and I've been with my parents for the last...34 weeks. I have money finally, but we're under this stay home thing so...been working on my card collection.

Got a Leonard Fournette trifold, Kyle Rudolf, Cooper Kupp, Noah Fant and others on the way.

Edit: I can't make my pictures work. PC is in a u-haul in De Pere and I'm up in the UP.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Trudge wrote:
25 Apr 2020 01:23
Edit: I can't make my pictures work. PC is in a u-haul in De Pere and I'm up in the UP.
NOW I'm hungry.

You don't need the [IMG] -tags for Instagram posts. Fixed it for you. :aok:

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

salmar80 wrote:
25 Apr 2020 01:36
Trudge wrote:
25 Apr 2020 01:23
NOW I'm hungry.

You don't need the [IMG] -tags for Instagram posts. Fixed it for you. :aok:
Thanks bud. :)
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

The other night the kid wanted cookies, so...............They are already gone. A double batch. I had 6. Image

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Trudge - those dishes look like something I’d expect to see in a restaurant! Looks tasty!

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

I recently purchased a Scanner. Not just any old scanner. It scans, photo negatives, and slides. since there are 7 of us kids, and mom sold her house while she waits out her end of days in an assisted living facility. I volunteered to scan all the family negatives into a digital format so that each one of us could have a copy. Today I did 350 pictures. It took 8 hours. That's about a 10th of what I have to scan. The 35 mm are easiest and fastest because you can load 18 at a time. The old 120 films can only be done 3 negatives at a time. But they are much better pictures that the smaller 35 mm. Anyway. Here's a sample of some 35mm Slides I took in 1978 at the Oshkosh Air show. ImageImage

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Raptorman wrote:
27 Apr 2020 01:18
I recently purchased a Scanner. Not just any old scanner. It scans, photo negatives, and slides. since there are 7 of us kids, and mom sold her house while she waits out her end of days in an assisted living facility. I volunteered to scan all the family negatives into a digital format so that each one of us could have a copy. Today I did 350 pictures. It took 8 hours. That's about a 10th of what I have to scan. The 35 mm are easiest and fastest because you can load 18 at a time. The old 120 films can only be done 3 negatives at a time. But they are much better pictures that the smaller 35 mm. Anyway. Here's a sample of some 35mm Slides I took in 1978 at the Oshkosh Air show.
At first I though Scanner was an aircraft type... :rotf:

Scanning photos can be a pain, even moreso if you try sorting 'em and editing the good ones. Anyone saying people didn't take unnecessary photos in the film era probably has no first-hand experience.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

salmar80 wrote:
27 Apr 2020 10:36
Raptorman wrote:
27 Apr 2020 01:18
I recently purchased a Scanner. Not just any old scanner. It scans, photo negatives, and slides. since there are 7 of us kids, and mom sold her house while she waits out her end of days in an assisted living facility. I volunteered to scan all the family negatives into a digital format so that each one of us could have a copy. Today I did 350 pictures. It took 8 hours. That's about a 10th of what I have to scan. The 35 mm are easiest and fastest because you can load 18 at a time. The old 120 films can only be done 3 negatives at a time. But they are much better pictures that the smaller 35 mm. Anyway. Here's a sample of some 35mm Slides I took in 1978 at the Oshkosh Air show.
At first I though Scanner was an aircraft type... :rotf:

Scanning photos can be a pain, even moreso if you try sorting 'em and editing the good ones. Anyone saying people didn't take unnecessary photos in the film era probably has no first-hand experience.
Not trying to sort them as of now. Once they are scanned I will sort them into decades and a few other categories. Like Weddings. (I found some from my first marriage, most were too dark to keep. Kinda a prediction of how it would turn out?)

And these were mixed up. I have Christmas photos mixed with photos of my Grandmother's funeral, (1961). (Who takes pictures at a funeral?) Only color photo's I have of her are of her in her coffin. Weird.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

4th of July on the Chickahominy River here in Virginia...oh yeah!

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

I took down the slightly tattered old glory this morning and hoisted a 3x5 Packer flag up the pole. :lombardi: Put that in your pipe and smoke it viking fans.