Topic Split: Stock Market Watch

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
08 Jul 2021 08:06
Open looks brutal
Yep, was expecting a big pull back there if that wedge broke down.

We’ve all been here before over the last 6 months, we are used to pullbacks. Retail investors aren’t selling. Price still up like 800% and borrowed shares have only gone up. Outlook looks better today than it did in early January, imo. Still the best bet on the stock market today.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

People will pursue their own interests and sell. Self interest > solidarity.

On a fundamentals basis, AMC has little to no value.

Those apes that hold will be left with a rotten banana.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
08 Jul 2021 08:49

I have no idea what's gonna happen. Part of me wishes I had sold a little on this last peak. Just to recoup a little (I have very little invested in total). But I'm still willing to wait it out and see where it goes.
RIP JustJeff

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Ran hard + quick. Someone clearing a position plus momentum day traders

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:

Who cares about fundamentals? Why does art cost what it does. This isn’t about their balance sheet or the cost of the paint and canvas, there is more to this.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Price open $44.68 on 6/11

Opened about $41 today.

>20 million additional shorts to drop the price $3 and now pushing $50 again right now. This eventually going to 3 digits sooner than later even if it doesn’t ‘squeeze’.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

It will go to 0 before $100.

Or I'll change my avatar to whatever you want!

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

BF004 wrote:
08 Jul 2021 11:40
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:

Who cares about fundamentals? Why does art cost what it does. This isn’t about their balance sheet or the cost of the paint and canvas, there is more to this.
You're acting cultish.

There is no "movement." Just bored people with stimulus money. Manias and bubbles burst. AMC is a symptom.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
08 Jul 2021 13:40
BF004 wrote:
08 Jul 2021 11:40
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:

You're acting cultish.

There is no "movement." Just bored people with stimulus money. Manias and bubbles burst. AMC is a symptom.
Cultish for saying there is more to this by playing a short squeeze in the meme/social media era? Instead of looking at their income statement (steadily improving)? Lol

Not even sure how to to respond to that…

You have no dog in this fight, why have you staked your stance so hard? Why do you care if we lose money?

The price is what it is because the possibility of gamma and/or short squeezes is very real. Not inevitable, but the stock is sitting at 5x the likely market cap because that many people and dollars think it can be real.

If you believe that strongly against, go ahead and buy some puts or take out short positions. I clearly wouldn’t recommend it, but otherwise, not gunna value your opinion on a stock you spent all of 30 minutes researching.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

You're right, BF. I don't have a horse in the race. My bad.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Haha, not really directed at you, Ghost, but pretty much my life when people find out I’m balls deep in amc, lol.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Well, on a day that should have been big for Virgin Galactic stock, they are getting set to sell $500M. I know the price for it is set a decent amount below where it is now. But I'm still holding as I expect it to keep going up.
RIP JustJeff

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

HF's are going to NSS this thing back down into the 30's I'm sure of it. I just think there's gonna be a day in the near future when they shake the absolute &%$@ out of this tree in hopes of scaring everyone out of their shares. Hell it may even be for a whole week. Gonna be a big test of will for the APES- especially those who haven't ever experienced a sizeable unrealized loss. If we hold through the storm then it goes to the moon IMO.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Captain_Ben wrote:
12 Jul 2021 19:40
HF's are going to NSS this thing back down into the 30's I'm sure of it. I just think there's gonna be a day in the near future when they shake the absolute &%$@ out of this tree in hopes of scaring everyone out of their shares. Hell it may even be for a whole week. Gonna be a big test of will for the APES- especially those who haven't ever experienced a sizeable unrealized loss. If we hold through the storm then it goes to the moon IMO.
Yeah, gunna find its new bottom, I think it’ll prolly test 37/38 once or twice, hope it keeps over 35 though for psychological reasons.

I give it about 2-3 weeks before the short utilization starts approaching 97-100% and cost to borrow fee starts getting crazy. Would love to see total borrowed shares get up to about 120 million with the price staying over $35. Could get nutty after that.

That said, avoiding short term calls for a bit. But think you might get some good bargains, 55/60 calls for September for like $500 in a week or so. Also not selling any shares because it could definitely not go down any further if people are holding well and HFs are smart enough to not keep shorting it.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Chart is right there at the 50 day moving average. HF's are probably gonna do what they can to push the price down under that 50 DMA as it tends to be a "psychological" support indicator for many, like you say 004. I'm holding!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

HODL!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Held strong all day without buying. Really thought we’d get to those 37’s eventually, now seeing 36’s after hours. Not sure how long that will last; but was targeting around 37.50 to push in some chips again this week.

Targeting those $60 calls for sept 17, but really want them under $500,

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Hopefully we are approaching the new bottom now soon. Wanna see a good level day or 2 before I think we might be ready for a reversal.

Shares on loan back over 100 million and utilization about 93%, getting tight on their side.

But honestly though, even if they can drop the price back to $20, it’s still gunna be bullish and primed for a potential squeeze. Now with even a better setup than in May when it ran to $72 the next month.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

And 2 hours in, we should now be approaching 103 million shares on loan and about 95% utilization.

Could see this dropping a bit more today, possibly tomorrow, thinking tomorrow EOD/Friday, early next week gunna be prime buying opportunity.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
18 May 2021 07:59
Will go to 20 and back to 15 and then to 40 and back to 20, but if they aren’t returning shares. I’m hodling,
Said this on May 18th at $13.50. So yeah, 70 to 35 counts. 8-)

Selling hasn't crossed my mind yet, just proud of myself for not buying more too early during this pullback. Think I'll be feeling froggy tomorrow though and start pushing in next Friday's paycheck before I get it. :lol: