Packers signing Devin Funchess

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

1. Devante Adams
2. Allan Lazard
3. Draft Pick
4. Devin Funches
5. MVS
6. EQSB
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

:lol:

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
24 Mar 2020 18:58
I also assumed we would draft two WRs Rd 5 or earlier in this draft. Now I think we only need to draft 1 which is huge for us honestly.

Great signing.
I don't think this signing is going to impact what we do in the draft, or at least I hope it doesn't. We already have a lot of size at the position and this team is needing elusiveness and speed. Funchess doesn't bring that.

I do not have high expectations, and at this point I think he's a camp body/competition.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
24 Mar 2020 19:59
1. Devante Adams
2. Allan Lazard
3. Draft Pick
4. Devin Funches
5. MVS
6. EQSB
I am just not big on Lazard at all.

Give me Eq or MVS and a rookie over him.

Competing for 4th with Funchess and Kumerow.

Feel like, just through lack of talent, we were talking about Gunter being a guy at CB for us.

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

paco wrote:
24 Mar 2020 19:33
NCF wrote:
24 Mar 2020 18:50
Can't argue if it is vet minimum. A guy with plenty of upside and still young.
If this is the case I love it. Little risk and good chance of a reward.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
24 Mar 2020 20:17
go pak go wrote:
1. Devante Adams
2. Allan Lazard
3. Draft Pick
4. Devin Funches
5. MVS
6. EQSB

Feel like, just through lack of talent, we were talking about Gunter being a guy at CB for us.
I mean I hope a top rated rookie overtakes Lazard eventually too but it likely won't happen right away.

As for MVS and EQ, Lazard beat both of them last year. Even EQ struggled in August before injury.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Is he good? I always figured he was a JAG.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

paco wrote:
24 Mar 2020 19:37
The Packer twitterverse hates this signing. Everyone is still butthurt over not giving Robby $12M this year.

Who

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Will they play him at WR or TE? He’s kind of a tweener.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lake shark wrote:
24 Mar 2020 23:24
Will they play him at WR or TE? He’s kind of a tweener.
My question also. Is he a willing blocker?

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

Woo! a new shiny forum! :shock:

I'm actually ok with the Funchess signing even though he wasn't the type of receiver I felt we needed. I wanted a speedier/shiftier type of WR to suit Rodgers play style.

I felt it was important to get a experienced NFL receiver alongside Adams and we did just that. His NFL stats are nothing to turn your nose up at. 21 TDs in his NFL career so far is not bad at all. His highlight tape is actually not terrible and he's only 26. In terms of what was available in free agency and our salary cap I think we did just about as well as we could. The draft will make sure we will solidify our WR depth.

Can't complain really. :idn:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
24 Mar 2020 21:47
BF004 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
1. Devante Adams
2. Allan Lazard
3. Draft Pick
4. Devin Funches
5. MVS
6. EQSB

I mean I hope a top rated rookie overtakes Lazard eventually too but it likely won't happen right away.

As for MVS and EQ, Lazard beat both of them last year. Even EQ struggled in August before injury.
I remember myself and a couple others here thought Randall Cobb was about as ready to play as a rookie as any receiver we've drafted besides Greg Jennings in many a year, yet McCarthy wouldn't play hi m.

I 'am starting to feel the same way after watching a couple highlight vids of this guy the other day.

30 Green Bay
Green Bay NFL Mock Draft logo
Justin Jefferson
LSU
WRReach/Value: +2
Height:
6'1"
Weight:
202 Justin Jefferson NFL Draft photo
In a tremendously talented WR class, Justin Jefferson may be the prospect best prepared to step in and contribute right away with Aaron Rodgers. Jefferson's ability to read coverages, adjust routes, and create consistent separation would surely endear him to the QB. Jefferson would project primarily into the slot, replacing Geronimo Allison, who was one of the least efficient receivers in the league last year.

On top of racking up 111 receptions for 1,540 yards and 18 TDs, Jefferson caught a ridiculous 91% of his targets. The knock on Jefferson was marginal athletic ability, but he silenced the doubters with a 4.43 forty and 37.5" vertical at the Combine. The combination of production, athleticism, and fit in Matt LaFleur's offense would make Jefferson a huge win at the end of RD1.

link to cbs grade and combine workout.

.https://www.nfl.com/prospects/justin-je ... 9b942cbd26

HELP: can someone advise me how to increase the size of print (font?) when I post, please, these ol eye's don't see like they use to, and I've forgotten how :think:
Last edited by Yoop on 25 Mar 2020 07:45, edited 1 time in total.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
25 Mar 2020 07:31
HELP: can someone advise me how to increase the size of print (font?) when I post, please, these ol eye's don't see like they use to, and I've forgotten how
Hold the Control Key and use the mouse wheel to increase or decrease the size fit to your screen.

Read More. Post Less.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
1. Devante Adams
2. Allan Lazard
3. Draft Pick
4. Devin Funches
5. MVS
6. EQSB

Of course Lazard outperformed MVS

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Chilli wrote:
25 Mar 2020 06:59
Woo! a new shiny forum! :shock:

I'm actually ok with the Funchess signing even though he wasn't the type of receiver I felt we needed. I wanted a speedier/shiftier type of WR to suit Rodgers play style.

I felt it was important to get a experienced NFL receiver alongside Adams and we did just that. His NFL stats are nothing to turn your nose up at. 21 TDs in his NFL career so far is not bad at all. His highlight tape is actually not terrible and he's only 26. In terms of what was available in free agency and our salary cap I think we did just about as well as we could. The draft will make sure we will solidify our WR depth.

Can't complain really. :idn:
Welcome chilli!

I'm with you on the speedier and shiftier receiver. I hope we grab someone in the draft, maybe two. We've been accustomed to going really defense heavy, but I think we're going to see a shift this go around.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pugger wrote:
25 Mar 2020 08:00
BF004 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
1. Devante Adams
2. Allan Lazard
3. Draft Pick
4. Devin Funches
5. MVS
6. EQSB

I am aware of what happened last year, but I am projecting. MVS and Eq are just both plain better prospects. I like how they both play better. They just both need to get it right in the head and on the field, however.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

From December 12th:
NCF wrote:I agree both WR and TE continue to be needs, as well. I wouldn't hate adding a veteran and one guy I think that could be had relatively cheap would be Devin Funchess. He would be an interesting body to add to the mix even if he is somewhat similar to Lazard.
http://packersnews.net/phpbb3/viewtopic ... 62#p634162

:beer2:

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

BF004 wrote:
25 Mar 2020 08:06
Pugger wrote:
25 Mar 2020 08:00
BF004 wrote:

I am aware of what happened last year, but I am projecting. MVS and Eq are just both plain better prospects. I like how they both play better. They just both need to get it right in the head and on the field, however.
MVS, despite him looking bad last year, actually had very similar numbers to the 2018 season. The disappointment was certainly him not exceeding in the role.

Adams and Geronimo were the only two WRs with more snaps. So, he was on the field.... I honestly think he was playing hurt. The guy had no speed or separation that I saw from his 2018 campaign.

We'll see.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
25 Mar 2020 07:33
Yoop wrote:
25 Mar 2020 07:31
HELP: can someone advise me how to increase the size of print (font?) when I post, please, these ol eye's don't see like they use to, and I've forgotten how
Hold the Control Key and use the mouse wheel to increase or decrease the size fit to your screen.

I'am such a pc dunce, which is the control key? I adjusted from normal to large, size 150 with the down arrow next to normal, and it looks to be the same small or what is considered normal, sorry to be such a pain in the butt.

HeavyD
Reactions:

Post by HeavyD »

Yoop - it's the key that says Control or Ctrl