What's for dinner.

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

That's pretty sweet. Smoke any yummy treats on there? I think my favorite thing to smoke is ribs. Butts are so easy. Brisket is always good, and I think I actually like doing brisket chili (with the leftovers) better than the brisket. It is freaking amazing in the smoker!
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Ka-babs without the babs....

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

So even though the photo is from when I made it, this was dinner for tonight. My chili. The kid likes it on Scoops with cheese and sour cream, I prefer it over noodles.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Wait a second raptor. I have had a hard time over the years because you are a viking fan. I came to grips with that, and have moved past it. But noodles and chili? Some things are unforgivable. :lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Packfntk wrote:
30 Apr 2020 08:02
Wait a second raptor. I have had a hard time over the years because you are a viking fan. I came to grips with that, and have moved past it. But noodles and chili? Some things are unforgivable. :lol:
Hahaha!

I was thinking the same!

My dad always added macaroni noodles to his chili and while as a kid I liked it, it was the first thing to go as I started refining my own version.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

APB wrote:
30 Apr 2020 08:19
Packfntk wrote:
Hahaha!

I was thinking the same!

My dad always added macaroni noodles to his chili and while as a kid I liked it, it was the first thing to go as I started refining my own version.
Oh yeah. Don't knock it until you have tried it. Actually quite popular outside of WI. Of course, it's a different chili than most are used to.

Edit. Wow, After reading the Wiki version it's nothing like mine. So I am taking it off. Has some of the same spices and the name but that's about all.
Last edited by Raptorman on 30 Apr 2020 12:12, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Packfntk wrote:
My thoughts too... sacrilege!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I like throwing in a few elbow macaroni noodles into my chili. I kind of like the stretchy mouth feel it gives the base. I load up my chili with a ridiculous amount of beans too.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

That's just Goulash! (Wisconsin style)
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Apr 2020 10:14
EXACTLY WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY!!!

And Raptor, OMG I went to Cinci for a work conference a few years ago. Everyone ranted and raved about their chili. I went to Skyline the first chance I got and I was SO disappointed. They came out, served it on a PLATE. Big 3 inch stack of noodles, and some kind of fake chili meat paste. Had about a 2 inch thick pile of fresh graded cheddar on it. Willingly trying something new, I ate it. Got about 3 FORKS in and stopped, paid my bill and got the heck out of there. Never again. GROSS!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Goulash is very Italian-y... at least the way we make it. Chili is chili.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
30 Apr 2020 10:48
Pckfn23 wrote:
Goulash is very Italian-y... at least the way we make it. Chili is chili.
True enough! No chili powder or cumin in Goulash, or beans. Other than that though, if you put noodles in... :lol:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Packfntk wrote:
30 Apr 2020 10:32
Pckfn23 wrote:
EXACTLY WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY!!!

And Raptor, OMG I went to Cinci for a work conference a few years ago. Everyone ranted and raved about their chili. I went to Skyline the first chance I got and I was SO disappointed. They came out, served it on a PLATE. Big 3 inch stack of noodles, and some kind of fake chili meat paste. Had about a 2 inch thick pile of fresh graded cheddar on it. Willingly trying something new, I ate it. Got about 3 FORKS in and stopped, paid my bill and got the heck out of there. Never again. GROSS!
Well, I've never been to Cincinnati. And most Chili I have had in restaurants sucks. Which is why I never order it anymore. To each his own. I have never had any complaints about mine. Some feel it's too hot to eat. My kid says not hot enough. The Scots rage about Haggis, but I'm not sure I would try it if I knew what it was.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

So, none of you in Green Bay ever go to Chili Johns?

https://web.archive.org/web/20101101113 ... /Menu.aspx

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Raptorman wrote:
30 Apr 2020 12:06

Often (when not on lockdown), super bowl, extra hot, no noods. Like a man. :lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
30 Apr 2020 10:08
I like throwing in a few elbow macaroni noodles into my chili. I kind of like the stretchy mouth feel it gives the base. I load up my chili with a ridiculous amount of beans too.
Yep, we were raised this way, but I will say Minnesotans are appalled by noodles in chili, so I have moved completely away from them, but if they are there, it certainly doesn't ruin it for me. I do prefer it without, now.

Read More. Post Less.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Packfntk wrote:
30 Apr 2020 12:08
Raptorman wrote:
30 Apr 2020 12:06

Often (when not on lockdown), super bowl, extra hot, no noods. Like a man. :lol:
Well, you can eat mine like a man as well. :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

A real man doesn't ask for noods. Applicable more ways than 1!

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Apr 2020 12:29
So I take it you don't eat spaghetti.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
30 Apr 2020 12:33
Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Apr 2020 12:29
So I take it you don't eat spaghetti.
Come on Boomer, it was a joke. :lol: ;) Noods=Noodles, Noods=Nudes.