What Are You Watching?

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
01 Oct 2021 10:50
I'm watching Squid Game on Netflix right now. Still an episode or 2 to go. But liking it so far.
Just finished it. Pretty good. I’m not one for reading subtitles the entire time. I like it to be one or the either. Either I’m watching the screen or reading a book. Still I was interested. They did very well leaving each episode making you watch the next which was awful for my sleep routine. I will say this concept has been done over and over recently but what made this one different was everyone wanted to be there to get themselves out of a situation rather than being forced into it.

I am interested in there being a 2nd season.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Not sure if anyone caught The Batman trailer but holy &%$@. Just a trailer but this looks like it may contest the Dark Knight for the best Batman movie ever.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Oct 2021 10:49

Not sure if anyone caught The Batman trailer but holy &%$@. Just a trailer but this looks like it may contest the Dark Knight for the best Batman movie ever.
Did I read that right...? Robert Pattinson - he of that vampire movie series - plays Batman now?

Trailer looks pretty badass. I like that they're adding more of the Batman character darkness to the storyline.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

You mean Cedric Diggory?

And I mean, that was hardly a trailer. Not sure how you could gauge anything from that.

DC Comics really blew this all. I mean they have freaking Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Flash, all the best superhero’s. And they got demolished by Marvel with like the hulk, captain America and Ironman. Not even cool comic book characters.

Kind of reminds me how WWE beat out WCW somehow, when WCW had like every cool wrestler in the world in the late 90’s.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
20 Oct 2021 11:46
You mean Cedric Diggory?

And I mean, that was hardly a trailer. Not sure how you could gauge anything from that.

DC Comics really blew this all. I mean they have freaking Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Flash, all the best superhero’s. And they got demolished by Marvel with like the hulk, captain America and Ironman. Not even cool comic book characters.

Kind of reminds me how WWE beat out WCW somehow, when WCW had like every cool wrestler in the world in the late 90’s.
DC was just late. Marvel rolled out each of their hero movies and established a universe and then brought them all together for the Avengers. DC on the other hand basically had just the Superman movie and then rushed out Batman vs Superman which featured Wonder Woman and Batman before they even had movies. Then they drop Justice League when Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg didn’t have movies.

DC fell behind, tried to recover without getting their viewers attached to the heroes and flopped. I do agree they have the better characters. I personally do not like Marvel. I think they’re juvenile and kind of annoying. Here and there I like a few of their movies. DC is just darker and more adult in my opinion.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Oct 2021 16:41
DC fell behind, tried to recover without getting their viewers attached to the heroes and flopped. I do agree they have the better characters. I personally do not like Marvel. I think they’re juvenile and kind of annoying. Here and there I like a few of their movies. DC is just darker and more adult in my opinion.
I agree, completely. But, if we are on our 15th version of Batman, I'd say it's time for a fresh take on Superman until one hits. The original Superman Returns had it right, the story just sucked.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Watched the first couple episodes of the new Wonder Years. Nothing special, but I like it.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

The new show (based on a british one) Ghosts on CBS is kinda fun, but has some annoying characters. I like the main actress, so that's why we are still watching (she was in iZombie).

We are also binging Criminal Minds. Through 4 seasons so far.

Finished up Only Murders in the Building on Hulu, really fun if you like Steve Martin and Martin Short. All set up for a 2nd season.

What we do in the Shadows is still really stupid fun.

I started up on the last season of Shameless. I still enjoy it, but not even close to the same without Emmy.

I'll probably have the wife binge Mare of Easttown. That was a good watch and I think she'll like it.

The Curse of Oak Island is back on Nov 2nd!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Telling you guys again, under the radar, White Collar is awesome. One of my favorite shows, IMO.

Still randomly through a few episodes on every now and then, passively watched it all the way through twice already.

On Hulu now I know for sure.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
21 Oct 2021 10:50
The Curse of Oak Island is back on Nov 2nd!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:
Thanks for that! Think I checked a while back and I didn't see a date yet.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
21 Oct 2021 10:50
Finished up Only Murders in the Building on Hulu, really fun if you like Steve Martin and Martin Short. All set up for a 2nd season.
I have a few episodes to go, but I am liking it. The wife is a little more indifferent. She can't stand Martin Short.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
21 Oct 2021 10:01
lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Oct 2021 16:41
I agree, completely. But, if we are on our 15th version of Batman, I'd say it's time for a fresh take on Superman until one hits. The original Superman Returns had it right, the story just sucked.
I hate Superman. Never been a fan of a super hero that can do too much. I always liked Batman because hes just a regular dude and all his villains, for the most part, are just deranged, real life inspired villains. So for me personally I dont care how many Batman versions they reboot. For the most part theyve gotten better and better. I feel like every Superman movie has been $%@# awful.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

AppleTV is putting smashes out. I only caught the 1st episode but their new show Invasion had a great pilot. They are putting out shows with cinema quality effects and some pretty well known actors.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Dune was perfect.

Gave me the "holy &%$@, this is IT!" -feeling I felt like when watching the first Lord of the Rings in the theater.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

salmar80 wrote:
24 Oct 2021 16:25
Dune was perfect.

Gave me the "holy &%$@, this is IT!" -feeling I felt like when watching the first Lord of the Rings in the theater.
Yeah I loved it. I had no idea it was going to be a series though so the ending to me was underwhelming.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I was hoping to see Dune Saturday. Didn't happen. Maybe next weekend.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Watched Dune Sunday night. Really enjoyed it. Great effects and sound along with telling of a great story.

Movie inspired me to buy the first digital book in the series. Started it many years ago but never finished. Got a quarter way through first book already and have no idea why I ever stopped reading it. The book backdrop gonna add so much to the movie scenes, can’t wait to rewatch once I catch up.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Watching the World Series. Go Braves!!

Unreal this game has been going on for over 2 hours and we are in the fourth inning.

Baseball needs a pitch clock. Start the clock as soon as the pitcher gets the ball from the catcher, if the clock hits zero..automatic ball. That would get the games moving.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Oct 2021 21:19
Watching the World Series. Go Braves!!

Unreal this game has been going on for over 2 hours and we are in the fourth inning.

Baseball needs a pitch clock. Start the clock as soon as the pitcher gets the ball from the catcher, if the clock hits zero..automatic ball. That would get the games moving.
Can't watch baseball anymore, for numerous reasons. The slow pace and stoppages is one. 3.5+ hour games with 12 pitchers, no thanks.