Welcome All!!!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Welcome All!!!

Post by BF004 »

Check out the new site! We are really, very, excited to share this with you all.

https://packers-huddle.com

We worked very very hard to achieve a very similar forum feel that we are all used to, but much improved with much need modernization and functionality with as little additional 'clutter' as possible.

If you just want to post as you were, carry on, if you are interested in the new features, check out the new features guide: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13 Lots of fun new stuff we can do.

Everyone is highly highly encouraged to please review the forum rules: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8

Should you have any questions, comments, concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Happy Posting!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Feel free to retweet and ask others to who don’t even post here, just spread the word!!

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Yes welcome all! Feels like home already!
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yes, it DOES feel like home. Now all I gotta do is get an avatar... :mrgreen:

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Ahh...feels good to be back home.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Ringo Here! How do I get my avatar invoked?

GO PACK GO!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
24 Mar 2020 20:03
Ringo Here! How do I get my avatar invoked?

GO PACK GO!
Welcome!

I'll do an avatar tutorial and maybe workshop tomorrow. Too tired now.

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

Hi everyone! I don't get around to posting as much as I did (struggles of getting engaged and first year teacher). This site looks much improved, but not at all overwhelming. Thank you to all who worked on the transition!

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

kampmanfan4life wrote:
24 Mar 2020 21:17
Hi everyone! I don't get around to posting as much as I did (struggles of getting engaged and first year teacher). This site looks much improved, but not at all overwhelming. Thank you to all who worked on the transition!
We miss you as well! Holy crap you are a teacher now, and engaged? That is crazy, you were always so young!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Hi all,
I only lurked at the old site, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone who worked to keep the old site going, and everyone who helped create and test this new improved version. Over the years, I believe this group has been perhaps the most level-headed group of fans out there. :aok:

- Tyler
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Welcome aboard, Crazylegs Starks! Glad you finally felt compelled to join our little fraternity...happy posting!

:aok:

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

I am pumped. Thanks guys.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
24 Mar 2020 22:05
Hi all,
I only lurked at the old site, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone who worked to keep the old site going, and everyone who helped create and test this new improved version. Over the years, I believe this group has been perhaps the most level-headed group of fans out there. :aok:

- Tyler
Good to have you join. Level headed? You must be talking about another forum. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pull up a keyboard and jump in the fun!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I am surprised at how much it resembles the old site. A little surprised you did not use one of the free SSL services. No one outside Google knows, but word is that if you require a password, which this site does and if you don't use SSL, Google may seriously dock you.

Anyway I like it. And best to sty off the Podium anyway.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
25 Mar 2020 01:46
I am surprised at how much it resembles the old site. A little surprised you did not use one of the free SSL services. No one outside Google knows, but word is that if you require a password, which this site does and if you don't use SSL, Google may seriously dock you.

Thanks for the reminder! I literally noticed the SSL -thing the minute [mention]BF004[/mention] announced the forum :thwap: . I sorta assumed our otherwise very capable tech guy had implemented it. We will look into adding it.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Great job guys. I was of course dismayed that we must use the Queen's English and not 'Merican like normal folks. Pip pip cheerio!
Go Pack Go!

Nitschke66
Reactions:

Post by Nitschke66 »

Easily got here after my one post at the old site. Looks great, feels like home. Thanks very much to everyone who helped to make this happen!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Packfntk wrote:
25 Mar 2020 01:05
Good to have you join. Level headed? You must be talking about another forum. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's the internet so it's a low bar, but yes, overall this group is pretty good :beer2:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

salmar80 wrote:
25 Mar 2020 01:57
TheSkeptic wrote:

Thanks for the reminder! I literally noticed the SSL -thing the minute @BF004 announced the forum :thwap: . I sorta assumed our otherwise very capable tech guy had implemented it. We will look into adding it.
SSL certificate is now installed, and we are safer than ever! :box:
image.png
image.png (1.39 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
If anyone had trouble signing in during the last hour or so, it was due to this security upgrade. Everything we had planned should now be installed, so should be smooth sailing from here on out. :woohoo:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

salmar80 wrote:
25 Mar 2020 13:28
salmar80 wrote:
25 Mar 2020 01:57
TheSkeptic wrote:

Thanks for the reminder! I literally noticed the SSL -thing the minute @BF004 announced the forum :thwap: . I sorta assumed our otherwise very capable tech guy had implemented it. We will look into adding it.
SSL certificate is now installed, and we are safer than ever! :box:
image.png
If anyone had trouble signing in during the last hour or so, it was due to this security upgrade. Everything we had planned should now be installed, so should be smooth sailing from here on out. :woohoo:
It seems there may have been a slight hiccup with the SSL certificate install. I was on, then disconnected, and then couldn't sign back in for several minutes. If this happens to anyone else, be patient. Within minutes the system "reset" and I was able to log in and write this very post.