2020 Dynasty League Discussion

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

You would have the draft in February if we would let you! HA!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 May 2020 09:48
You would have the draft in February if we would let you! HA!
LOL, probably, but prefer to do it after the NFL draft. :lol:

I am in 3 other dynasties, and they just all do it in May (one starting right after the NFL draft happens), so I have been in draft mode for a bit.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

This year I am fine with it whenever.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I've always pushed for it like 3rd week of preseason, so don't look at me to move on this. :lol:

Yoho's been the one to get this moving around now.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Packfntk wrote:
04 May 2020 09:47
YoHoChecko wrote:
04 May 2020 09:45
Also, I am looking to slightly edge up from my #20 spot into the mid-teens; I have a 4th rounder or 2 if you're game for that. A little early to be thinking about that level, but I wanted it on the radar
I would rather have the draft earlier, but that is just me.

It is never too early to be looking at your roster. Never.
I'm an early-draft guy, myself. But I just think getting it moved from late August to early July was literally 3 years' worth of debate that I'd rather avoid moving forward. When I got named co-commish after Ghost ghosted, one of the things I heard from most people is that they were tired of the format changing or being up for debate every year.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
04 May 2020 10:00
I've always pushed for it like 3rd week of preseason, so don't look at me to move on this. :lol:

In a normal year I would agree! :lol:

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

BF004 wrote:
04 May 2020 10:00

Hey Boomer, your redraft league called, they want their draft back. :lol: :lol:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

What used to happen every year is that the 3 or 4 of us who preferred early drafts would chat about it in the chat thread. It would seem very apparent that it was a popular idea, with only one or two dissenters. We'd hold a vote, and early draft would lose, like 8-4. And then we'd argue about it. It was not fun.

Really the only two issues I have with the league at this point in time is that there's nothing at stake and that since Ghost left, the activity level has been kinda down. But there's still enough for me to enjoy it, and having a dynasty league is still super fun for me, so it remains among my favorite leagues to participate in. I mean also because I have Aaron Rodgers every year :mrgreen:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 gets 1.5

Pckfn23 gets 1.6 and 3.6

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Nice trade boys.

YoHo- Yeah, I agree on the activity and the nothing at stake except for bragging rights. The only other thing I would change is the site and expanding the rosters by a few but I do enjoy this league.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I could be talked into throwing some money into the league. $20 or something maybe.

That would certainly get me to push a little quicker to complete my ‘5 year’ rebuilding process.

Feel like you would also see the price of this years picks go up a bit over future years, as well as maybe picks for players trades late in the year.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

I’m offering my 2021 1 and 2 for a 1 this year. I’m also willing to draft whenever, I just did my first rookie draft last week. ✌️

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Would love to shake things up. Willing to part with:

Big Ben
Latavius Murray
Damien Harris
Allen Robinson
Kenny Golladay
Allen Lazard
Breshad Perriman
Keenan Allen
Stefon Diggs
Adam Thielen
Jared Cook
Jonnu Smith

Oh yeah, hit me up if interested.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

So do we have a draft date set in stone?

Also, we should have a discussion for rule changes/etc and gauge thoughts on the league, no?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Packfntk wrote:
26 May 2020 11:32

Also, we should have a discussion for rule changes/etc and gauge thoughts on the league, no?
Anyone have a way to get in touch with Matt? He still hasn't even registered on the site. I tried PM'ing him from the old site shortly after we moved and he has since opened it, but still isn't over here.

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

NCF wrote:
26 May 2020 12:06
Packfntk wrote:

Anyone have a way to get in touch with Matt? He still hasn't even registered on the site. I tried PM'ing him from the old site shortly after we moved and he has since opened it, but still isn't over here.
I will email him and Facebook message him.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Packfntk wrote:
26 May 2020 12:12
NCF wrote:
26 May 2020 12:06
Packfntk wrote:

I will email him and Facebook message him.
Still no response from Matt...

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Update- I talked to mnkcarp (Matt) and he said he has been insanely busy, but has been looking at FleaFlicker for a draft update. I told him to get his ass here and talk Packers and the rest will work itself out. :lol:

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

Hey gents, sorry for the absence, still happily into this league - it was actually my only fantasy team last season. My team clearly needs work. I'm ready for the draft whenever we decide to go.