Packers @ Chiefs GDT: Sunday Nov. 7, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

As usual I like to not be extreme in my blame game.

I think Love absolutely deserves criticism. He needed to just make one quick read. One good throw to make the Chiefs pay for their aggression and he didn't do it. I complain about Rodgers not doing that at times and I am not holding back for Love. In a game where the defense was that good, you just need one freaking play on a 3rd and 5 or less to make them pay.

There were three throws I thought Love performed brilliantly.

1. 3rd down quick out to Davante Adams. (the ball where it got challenged and then put as 4th and inches)
2. 4th and inches and out to Adams
3. Inside his own endzone, scrambling right and finding Dillon

I thought all those plays were really good. The ball placement to Adams on 3rd down was very good. The composure in a pressure situation on the other two were incredible. He deserves credit for that.

But yes. By and large I was just angry because the offensive gameplan and STs were just sabotaging the Packers. The Packers should have won that game. They were the better team because of how good that defense was and it is super frustrating to take a great opportunity to build a young QB's confidence with a small game and win turn into such a bad memory and empty returns on solid drives.

The game just feels so different when you know full well that simply getting into FG range is not enough. And that's where the Packers were at after that 2nd kick attempt.

I think Love has a long ways to go. I also think there is talent, but decision making, Oline support and loud crowd noise just took all that away.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Can we compare Love‘s game yesterday to Rodgers‘ 2007 vs. Cowboys? Did Love show enough to be optimistic? I read some articles that talk about Rodgers being the real winner. The consensus was: Love had 2 years under his belt and enough days to prepare and did not deliver what you‘d expect for a #1 draft and that it looks more and more that GB has to go for #12 and so that Love was a mistake because it could have been a weapon for Rodgers back then.

p.s. I could not see the game.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I made one comment on the game day thread, close to the end of the 1st half, when will Lafluer give this kid some help to stop the all out 5 and 6 man pass rush from KC, and he didn't until the 4th QRT, for 3 qrts MLF hung Love out to dry, this is the 3rd or 4th game wherre MLF has had poor game plan, the problem last night is he didn't have Rodgers to fix and adjust it on the fly.

Hard to get a solid read on Love, sure he made some bad decisions, made some poor throws, but that should have been expected, what shouldn't have happened is allowing the pass rush from KC dominate this game, specially when we where able to run, hell we could have thrown TE screens to Lewis every time we didn't run and won this game, Lafluer and Hackett should be ashamed of themselves.

I know this wont be popular around here but I think we should start Love again against Seattle, get back on the horse and try again, and this time Lafluer and Hackett need to design a game plan to actually help Love, that way maybe we'll be able to tell if Love can start for us next year, we have no idea after that game last night.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Im pissed off that Dillon averages over 5 yards a carry in a two score game and Lafleur routinely forgets the man is on the roster. I hate it.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
08 Nov 2021 08:01
Can we compare Love‘s game yesterday to Rodgers‘ 2007 vs. Cowboys? Did Love show enough to be optimistic? I read some articles that talk about Rodgers being the real winner. The consensus was: Love had 2 years under his belt and enough days to prepare and did not deliver what you‘d expect for a #1 draft and that it looks more and more that GB has to go for #12 and so that Love was a mistake because it could have been a weapon for Rodgers back then.

The answer is no. Love didn't really show anything to be optimistic. But the same thing could easily be said after watching #12 vs his 2006 Patriots moment. Rodgers had essentially an entire half and threw for 32 yards and sacked 3 times for a loss of 18 yards (14 yards net). His first pass should have been intercepted and he completed 33% of his passes.

The other thing I will add is people who keep saying "2 years under his belt" are either really bad at math or are intentionally rounding up to further push a narrative that we should give up on Love now.

If you compare Love to Rodgers 2007 moment, you will be disappointed. If you compare Love to 2006 Rodgers moment, you will see a closer resemblance of the two. And Rodgers was allowed more time to throw than Love was given.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I dont think its helpful to compare Jordan Love to Aaron Rodgers.

From the coaches they have, to the players they have around them, to their style of play...they really arent similar at all.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

German_Panzer wrote:

Another thing, 2007 Dallas, Rodgers was in his 3rd year and had 3 training camps. Love has only had 1 training camp and many people have stated that he'd essentially a rookie this year.

Compare this game to 2005/2006 Rodgers.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Acrobat wrote:
08 Nov 2021 08:26
German_Panzer wrote:

Another thing, 2007 Dallas, Rodgers was in his 3rd year and had 3 training camps. Love has only had 1 training camp and many people have stated that he'd essentially a rookie this year.

Rodgers' only meaningful action in his second year was against New England in November 2006. He came in just before half time for Favre (admittedly 21-0 down) and went 4-12, 32 yards, 3 sacks, 1 lost fumble. It proved nothing, except that he wasn't an NFL standard QB at that time. He improved.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

dsr wrote:
08 Nov 2021 10:03
Acrobat wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:

Rodgers' only meaningful action in his second year was against New England in November 2006. He came in just before half time for Favre (admittedly 21-0 down) and went 4-12, 32 yards, 3 sacks, 1 lost fumble. It proved nothing, except that he wasn't an NFL standard QB at that time. He improved.
it also proved that QB was not the problem in that game :beer2:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

dsr wrote:
08 Nov 2021 10:03
Acrobat wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:

Yep. If I had a dollar for every time I made that known at the party I attended yesterday...

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

It's stuff like this that made many of us high on Barnes.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

When was the last time you believed the Green Bay Packers defense played this well?

I think the conversation today would be gushing at how good this defense is if it weren't for the incredibly bad game our STs put out there.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

:lol:

Read More. Post Less.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

NCF wrote:
08 Nov 2021 11:35
:lol:

The better Jordan plays yhe better her seats get.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Some things to cheer us up:

1) Our defense looks improved. The change from Pettine to Barry works.
2) Rodgers got an additional BYE week which should help him to stay fresh in January.
3) Home Field seems not that important anyway. '08 Giants, '12 Giants and '21 Bucs - we always lost at home. More important is the Playoff BYE.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
08 Nov 2021 16:19
Some things to cheer us up:

1) Our defense looks improved. The change from Pettine to Barry works.
2) Rodgers got an additional BYE week which should help him to stay fresh in January.
3) Home Field seems not that important anyway. '08 Giants, '12 Giants and '21 Bucs - we always lost at home. More important is the Playoff BYE.
You know to get the bye you have to have home field right?
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

As expected, Royce Newman, Lucas Patrick and Jordan Love played terrible games.

Royce Newman in particular was the 3rd worst graded player in Andy's time doing the grades. Alex Light (vs San Fran 2019) and Byron Bell are the only two who had worse games.

Each of those games that Light and Bell had catastrophic games, Rodgers also sucked and the Packers offense didn't produce.
Yoop wrote:

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

go pak go wrote:
08 Nov 2021 10:59
When was the last time you believed the Green Bay Packers defense played this well?

I think the conversation today would be gushing at how good this defense is if it weren't for the incredibly bad game our STs put out there.
In 2010, New York Jets, 9-0 win. That was pretty much a must win game, we did win, and went on the Superbowl.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

dsr wrote:
09 Nov 2021 06:45
go pak go wrote:
08 Nov 2021 10:59

In 2010, New York Jets, 9-0 win. That was pretty much a must win game, we did win, and went on the Superbowl.
That is a very good answer.

Only difference was our STs was actually amazing that day. Result would have been the same if they were amazing last Sunday.
Yoop wrote:

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

go pak go wrote:
08 Nov 2021 17:59
You know to get the bye you have to have home field right?
Did they change the rules? Up to now you could also have a Bye as #2 seed. What I meant is that we might end up not #1 seed (home field advantage thruout the Playoffs) which is not a biggie considering our very bad recent Playoff Home Field Stats in NFC games.