Real Estate

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

Tell you what when my wife first decided that we wanted to move, I didn't want to. Now after spending every weekend getting rid of crap, I hate the place and want to be gone.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Realestate in Minnesota is alive and well. Put a bid in on a place offered full asking price. I just put in my last rebid $12,000 over asking price. I told my wife if that does not take it forget lake life I will go buy a condo.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
06 May 2020 13:12
Realestate in Minnesota is alive and well. Put a bid in on a place offered full asking price. I just put in my last rebid $12,000 over asking price. I told my wife if that does not take it forget lake life I will go buy a condo.
If he doesn't take it. Rebid. This time go $5,000 below asking price. My bet is he doesn't have anyone else bidding on it. Don't get into a bidding war.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Raptorman wrote:
06 May 2020 14:54
Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
06 May 2020 13:12
If he doesn't take it. Rebid. This time go $5,000 below asking price. My bet is he doesn't have anyone else bidding on it. Don't get into a bidding war.
The bidding war is a real thing it is even happening on non lake property in Minnesota.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptor, you are underestimating the real estate market in the area (I assume it is an hour radius around the Twin Cities). The vast majority of houses are going for asking price or above within 30 days of listing. I have no way of confirming, but I will guarantee someone else is bidding. At least one other party.

We put it in offers on 4 other properties (just land) in the last 5 years. Only the first one was on the market for long. The other three we put in offers within a week of them going live. We lost out to cash offers on 2 and the other was accepted for asking price, but the appraisal was WAY under and we couldn't finance it.

We are getting ready to sell our house here in the next 6 months and our realtor said if we want to move by November 1st, don't list until end August at the earliest.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Going to put a 3rd and final bid in. I will forever regret it if I don't.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
07 May 2020 08:39
Going to put a 3rd and final bid in. I will forever regret it if I don't.
Good luck!!

Read More. Post Less.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

We got it took $26,000 over asking price but we got it. So happy will be moved in by the 4th of July.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
07 May 2020 12:29
We got it took $26,000 over asking price but we got it. So happy will be moved in by the 4th of July.
:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

:thumbl:

Read More. Post Less.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

It also has a flag pole down by the lake, first thing I do when I get the key. Hoist a Packer flag up the flag pole.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Damn why would people want to move to Minnesota? :lol:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
Nice, congrats!

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
Wow. I hope when I sell my house there is a bidding war. Good for you.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

So the realtor took a few pictures last week the house is on the coming soon webpage and already have appointments for showing a week from now when it goes on the market. Please go fast, please have a bidding war.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
11 May 2020 11:30
So the realtor took a few pictures last week the house is on the coming soon webpage and already have appointments for showing a week from now when it goes on the market. Please go fast, please have a bidding war.
Hope so too.

Where in MN?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

North of the Twin Cities just beyond the urban area. I can get to 169 and 94 in Rogers in about 25 minutes. I am feeling pretty confident we are up to 4 showings on Monday. Prepping to move after 27 years is no fun.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
13 May 2020 11:41
Prepping to move after 27 years is no fun.
Prepping to move after _______ (insert ANY amount of time) is no fun.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
13 May 2020 11:41
North of the Twin Cities just beyond the urban area. I can get to 169 and 94 in Rogers in about 25 minutes. I am feeling pretty confident we are up to 4 showings on Monday. Prepping to move after 27 years is no fun.
It is going to go fast. I have starting shifting a lot of my retirement into a real estate fund and have been staying in the loop pretty well on the properties the fund owns, up to 12, but no one is showing their houses right now. Have a strong feeling you will get several offers in the first week, likely well over asking price.

Once real estate catches up with this mini depression here, might not be for like 18 months, have a feeling it will take a good tank eventually. Would have been cool if you could sell your house now, rent for 1-2 years, then jump on some deals. Huge pain in the ass, but maybe could have came out ahead 30-50K.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

I will take the first offer that covers the 26 over asking price I spent. In all seriousness if I get offers over asking I will only keep it on the market 1 week just to have a weekend for showings.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Just got our final appraisal back and still in the black! Also have enough in savings to cover 20% and avoid PMI. Now, I just want to get this thing started... Like Carl, I "hate" our current house.