2021 Dynasty League Discussion

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Well, that's a good start:
image.png
image.png (9.31 KiB) Viewed 2096 times
:kaboom:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

LOL. Just trying to play spoiler of your number 1 seed. You will still put up 200, it is what teams do against me. :lol:
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Looking like draft order should go.

NCF
Trudge
Me
Me
Waldo
Me

Then ya got Carp, Brandon, NCF and MadCity in the dance.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

May wanna give this a good once over, was harder to compile than I was anticipating.

Draft Order:

1. NCF (From Yoho) 4-10
2. Trudge 5-9
3. BF004 (From packntk) 5-9
4. BF004 (6-8)
5. Waldo (6-8)
6. BF004 (From backthepack4ever) 7-7
7-10
Carp, pckfn23, NCF, MadCity

11. BF004 (From Yoho)
12. Trudge
13. BF004 (From packfntk)
14. backthepack4ever (From BF004)
15. Waldo
16. NCF (From backthepack4ever)
17-20
Carp, pckfn23, NCF, MadCity

21. Yoho
22. Trudge
23. packfntk
24. BF004
25. Waldo
26. packfntk (from backthepack4ever)
27-30
Carp, NCF (From pckfn23), Trudge (From NCF), MadCity

31. Trudge (From Yoho)
32. Trudge
33. MadCity (from packfntk)
34. NCF (From BF004)
35. Waldo
36. backthepack4ever
37-40
Carp, NCF, pcfn23, MadCity

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Best of luck to everyone in the dance!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Dec 2021 13:52
I am projected to get CRUSHED this week:
image.png
I guess that didn't pan out:
image.png
image.png (23.47 KiB) Viewed 2064 times
Hopefully I can do it 2 more times!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Dec 2021 16:02
Pckfn23 wrote:
image.png
image.png

I have no picks due to me from any playoff team. So have no personal gain in anything.

Would love to see all 3 remaining games come down to Monday night.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Dec 2021 16:02
Pckfn23 wrote:
image.png
image.png

Told you, this just was not my year. Could not do a thing right. Lots of injuries, covid crap, and teams scoring more every week. Just glad it is over. :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Just want to think out aloud and recap my team here.

MVP - Leonard Fournette RB3 - Back to back great year in Tampa. Tried to trade him off, he is a FA at the end of this year, as is Ronald Jones who I have. I have a hard time imagining him not back in Tampa if TB12 is back. Would still prefer to trade him off, just don't think he'll still be good by the time my team is ready to compete.

Best Position - TE - Least important position, but sitting on Mike Gisecki TE7 and Noah Fant TE14, both young and promising. A bit of uncertainty at QB for both going forward, but like both a lot. Both missed a few games this year, so feel like the rank per game would be higher. Got some nice young depth with Dan Arnold TE26 in Jacksonville, ideally upcoming team with a good TE, he is on IR, think he was around like rank 15 before that.

Long term roster (Expect everyone to sill be a high quality start in 3 years
QB - Kirk Cousins QB8 - Guy is a high quality fantasy QB. Don't think he's finished outside top 10 rank for QB in about 5 years.
QB - Tua Tagovailoa QB27 - Miami doesn't have the picks to replace him, but with Waddle who was really good, Will Fuller coming back from IR, Davante Parker and Gisecki, everything there for him. Also sitting on Kellen Mond and Kyle Trask, maybe '23 at the earliest for either they might get a stab at a job. Feel like both with have new head coaches by then as Zimmer and Arians are very old for coaches.

RB - Miles Sanders RB45 - Disappointing 3rd pick in the draft, but hate the fit for him in Philly. I still like him a lot, I think he'll fit in better on a future team after his rookie contract is up. I am kind of avoiding investing too much in RB until I get more sustainable pieces elsewhere.

WR - CeeDee Lamb WR15 - Stud when in and healthy and not on COVID. Bright future of many top 10 WR fantasy finishes coming.
WR - AJ Brown WR42 - Back to back got my favorite WR's in the draft and they havent disappointed in fantasy. He also missed a lot of time with injury and COVID, but he is a valuable piece.
WR - Van Jefferson WR30 - Couldn't believe a 2nd year 2nd round WR who I loved didn't make a final roster after PS this year. With Rams cap issues, I think think Jefferson has made both OBJ and Robert Woods expendable in a year or two. Lot of potential here

TE - Noah Fant, Mike Gisecki, Dan Arnold

We need 12 starters, I listed 8 starters above. First thing first I need to hit at least 1 more QB if not 2. Make sure I got capable bodies to play 4th and 5th WR, already got a few good young guys, so I think I am good there honestly, but I'm sure I'll keep adding in draft. Once I get that, I'll likely make some moves to get a couple of RB's, draft and trade. I got a ton of picks in '22 and '23 already, gotta figure out how to take 2 more stabs at QB's there, fill our WR and TE potential then move hard on RB.

My team isn't good, but I like a lot about it starting with my plethora of picks.
5 of the top 13 picks this year, still got my 1st next year and three 2nd's already in '23.

Anyone has a QB <35 years old they'd like to trade, I'd be interested in that. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Carp getting 60 points from Cam Newton and Tyler Huntley, way to play that waiver wire!! :clap:

Neither game over yet, good luck to all!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
19 Dec 2021 18:46
Carp getting 60 points from Cam Newton and Tyler Huntley, way to play that waiver wire!! :clap:

$%@#!

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Dec 2021 18:49
BF004 wrote:
19 Dec 2021 18:46

$%@#!
What a weird week! I may come to regret starting Burrow over Nick Mullens yet, as I regret starting Chase and everyone else over Tyler "the dart throw" Boyd. St. Brown was nice, though.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

[mention]Madcity_matt[/mention] and I are playing a game of what is more disappointing, the 13 guys out that can't play due to injuries and COVID or the guys left that we actually did play. I got a plus performance from Josh Reynolds that might end up being the difference, but otherwise, my team has pretty much &%$@ the bed.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Congrats, [mention]mnkcarp[/mention]!!

Read More. Post Less.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

NCF wrote:
22 Dec 2021 11:48
Congrats, @mnkcarp!!
Thanks man, would not have predicted being in the final at the start of this season. Too old and too young, mostly, with a terrible scrap heap of 2nd string RBs behind my two fragile workhorses.

I keep having this flashback where Antonio Brown, Gronk, Cordarrelle Patterson, and even AJ Green are still relevant in fantasy...

You have a few players in the midst of amazing seasons - Cooper Kupp and Javonte, who looks amazing.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I could lose by a little, even though I have been #1 or #2 in scoring every week since Week 7, and complain about my lack of depth or how a bad decision cost me dearly... or I could just get $%@# spanked and crack a beer at 2:00 on Sunday and congratulate [mention]mnkcarp[/mention] on a great season... I think I need to do the latter. No one else was winning this game, either... so...

...this is for you, buddy.

:lombardi:

Read More. Post Less.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

NCF wrote:
26 Dec 2021 17:49
I could lose by a little, even though I have been #1 or #2 in scoring every week since Week 7, and complain about my lack of depth or how a bad decision cost me dearly... or I could just get $%@# spanked and crack a beer at 2:00 on Sunday and congratulate @mnkcarp on a great season... I think I need to do the latter. No one else was winning this game, either... so...

...this is for you, buddy.

:lombardi:
Thank you! I'm riding high as long as your remaining three don't average about 42 points each.

If it's any consolation, if Ekeler had played and gotten Justin Jackson's points, it would have been a whole different story. Really comes down to luck and timing. I actually tried to play Cam Newton over Sony Michel, but they were already locked - it was 12:01, lol. So things really went my way and I got a rare 250 at just the right time. :banana:

If there's any message for the kids out there, it's keep scrapping, keep watching that waiver wire, make it into the playoffs somehow, some way because once you're there, anything can happen.

Also congrats on a great season everyone! :beer2:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Great job [mention]mnkcarp[/mention]!

Great season everyone!

This final week, with Damien Harris and Chase Edmunds balling out, 4 NFL starting QBs, Dovanta Smith looking like a real #1 WR and Jeudy and friends putting up double digits at WR gave me a fleeting glimpse of the team I thought I'd have this year. Hopefully next year these young guys build on these steps and I take a step up to mediocrity

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Well done Matt! Winning the ship is never easy, takes skill, luck, timing, dedication, and a whole bunch more for everything to happen. Enjoy it buddy, thank God this year is over! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

So, who we trading for this offseason?

Read More. Post Less.