What are you listening to..?

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Trudge wrote:
06 Dec 2021 00:37

The Pretty Wreckless...Taylor Momson.
Almost every photo that showed up on a search has her with panda eyes.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Listening to sad and angry music because I elected not to go see sad and angry music live tonight. 😔
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

We saw Encanto in the theatres on Saturday. So while the kids are awake and home, that.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Low Spark .... Traffic

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

paco wrote:
05 Dec 2021 06:19
Gunzaan wrote:
03 Dec 2021 20:43
That list needs a whole lot more Tool. There are actually Tool lullaby songs out there.
Check out the YouTube channel Rockabye Baby! They have tons from Metallica to Led Zepplin to Snoop Dogg.
The Nothing Else Matters one is perfect. Thanks!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I just love this EP. I know they are working on writing and recording new music now. Hope we get a full length.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

This is somewhat related to this thread:

I received a Crosley turntable as a Christmas gift this year, which is a good thing. I've always been interested in starting a vinyl record collection and this will provide the impetus to get going on that. Included with the gift were two albums - Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and The Jimi Hendrix Experience Greatest Hits. A good start indeed!

Unfortunately, the turntable isn't exactly a top-of-the-line type record player. The player has it's own two speakers mounted in the base of the turntable itself but let's just say the sound quality is less than stellar...or that they suck. I opted to hook up to my Bose sound bar only to discover the only audio output speaker ports on the turntable are the basic red/white RCA ports. Bose doesn't even have those ports anymore, at least not on my sound bar.

So any of you audio fiends have any ideas or recommendations on an affordable speaker set (or worth the cost) that will give me the quality of sound I'm seeking with vinyl but speaker capability limited to jacking into some RCA ports?

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Ok over the last 18 months a friend of mine and I each rotate albums, listen and follow lyrics song by song and score overall. We hit 100 for the new year. Thats a ton of music of all genres. What a good time. A few that scored the highest

Kris Kristofferson self titled. What a dude
Van Morrison Moondance
Gordon Lighrfoot. Sundown
John Prine. His last on. Forget the name
Guy Clark. Sometimes the song writes you. Wow
Bill Withers Just as I am
Jackson Brown late for the sky
Strugill Simpson. Turles and dood and Juanita

Turds that the world likes

Stones. Sticky fingers.
Marvin Gaye whats going on.
Beastie Boys License to Ill barf.
Beach boys. Pet Sounds. (Rolling Stone mag top album) it sucks

Any who. We live 1200 miles away and this is our jam between draft trips ha

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

[mention]Backthepack4ever[/mention] awesome thing to do. Sounds fun.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
27 Dec 2021 15:29

I received a Crosley turntable as a Christmas gift this year, which is a good thing. I've always been interested in starting a vinyl record collection and this will provide the impetus to get going on that. Included with the gift were two albums - Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and The Jimi Hendrix Experience Greatest Hits. A good start indeed!

Unfortunately, the turntable isn't exactly a top-of-the-line type record player. The player has it's own two speakers mounted in the base of the turntable itself but let's just say the sound quality is less than stellar...or that they suck. I opted to hook up to my Bose sound bar only to discover the only audio output speaker ports on the turntable are the basic red/white RCA ports. Bose doesn't even have those ports anymore, at least not on my sound bar.

So any of you audio fiends have any ideas or recommendations on an affordable speaker set (or worth the cost) that will give me the quality of sound I'm seeking with vinyl but speaker capability limited to jacking into some RCA ports?
Very nice.

For speakers, see what Crutchfield and Best Buy have on clearance or outlet right now. Probably get a pair of 2 way bookshelf, or start there. I forget where you live, but if NE WI then The Exclusive Company always has good new years sales.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
27 Dec 2021 20:14
Ok over the last 18 months a friend of mine and I each rotate albums, listen and follow lyrics song by song and score overall. We hit 100 for the new year. Thats a ton of music of all genres. What a good time. A few that scored the highest

Kris Kristofferson self titled. What a dude
Van Morrison Moondance
Gordon Lighrfoot. Sundown
John Prine. His last on. Forget the name
Guy Clark. Sometimes the song writes you. Wow
Bill Withers Just as I am
Jackson Brown late for the sky
Strugill Simpson. Turles and dood and Juanita

Turds that the world likes

Stones. Sticky fingers.
Marvin Gaye whats going on.
Beastie Boys License to Ill barf.
Beach boys. Pet Sounds. (Rolling Stone mag top album) it sucks

Any who. We live 1200 miles away and this is our jam between draft trips ha
any list with Sturgill and John Prine (rest in peace) is a great list to me. I am surprised by how many people who love americana style singer songwriter stuff that are not familiar with John Prine. Yet, he is one of the most respected songwriters ever to those who know him.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
27 Dec 2021 22:49
APB wrote:
27 Dec 2021 15:29

Very nice.

For speakers, see what Crutchfield and Best Buy have on clearance or outlet right now. Probably get a pair of 2 way bookshelf, or start there. I forget where you live, but if NE WI then The Exclusive Company always has good new years sales.
Looking at these Klipsch bookshelf speakers marked down add'l $125 post-Xmas. Klipsch very well respected in home sound systems from what I understand.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_714RP400M ... -400M.html

Anybody with thoughts?

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
28 Dec 2021 11:04

Looking at these Klipsch bookshelf speakers marked down add'l $125 post-Xmas. Klipsch very well respected in home sound systems from what I understand.

Anybody with thoughts?

Nothing wrong with the Klipsch. But you are paying for the name (as compared to 20 years ago). I am not a fan of dome titanium tweeters, as those have. Too bright without proper EQ.

For not much more $$$ you should look at these. Ribbon vs dome tweeter (much better), and they have a good internal crossover system. Good sensitivity,, too, so you will get more out of your amp. Available new or Outlet, and different colors.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_839MO15IR ... alnut.html

I have a Definitive Technology set of floor speakers, center, and surround with a Pioneer Elite receiver. All about 8 years old. If I were to upgrade I would probably go with Martin Logan speakers and Marantz receiver.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
28 Dec 2021 12:44
APB wrote:
28 Dec 2021 11:04

Anybody with thoughts?

Nothing wrong with the Klipsch. But you are paying for the name (as compared to 20 years ago). I am not a fan of dome titanium tweeters, as those have. Too bright without proper EQ.

For not much more $$$ you should look at these. Ribbon vs dome tweeter (much better), and they have a good internal crossover system. Good sensitivity,, too, so you will get more out of your amp. Available new or Outlet, and different colors.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_839MO15IR ... alnut.html

I have a Definitive Technology set of floor speakers, center, and surround with a Pioneer Elite receiver. All about 8 years old. If I were to upgrade I would probably go with Martin Logan speakers and Marantz receiver.
Not much more money? I’m assuming you didn’t notice that Martin Logan speaker was priced individually. For a pair, they’re asking $720. Too rich for my blood for a simple pair of turntable speakers. I do appreciate the input though.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Didn't notice that was each. Then the Klipsch are your best option under $300 per pair. For $350 these are worth a look but sensitivity is only 86 so need an amp.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_991Q150WN ... alnut.html

If you prefer a silk tweeter instead (usually a little smoother but not quite as "true" of sound) and a lower cost you could look at the ELAC Debut 2.0. But again not great sensitivity.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_970DB52/E ... -B5-2.html

These are what I have for floors, and corresponding center and lower end Definitive Tech surrounds. New model of these is mostly the same but slightly better digital crossover and is compatible with the Dolby Atmos add on.

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/spe ... -speakers/

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP Meat.
ImageImageImage
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
21 Jan 2022 06:55
RIP Meat.
ImageImageImage
I once listened to "I would do anything for love" on repeat for three hours driving from Green Bay to La Crosse.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

wallyuwl wrote:
21 Jan 2022 11:13
paco wrote:
RIP Meat.
ImageImageImage
I once listened to "I would do anything for love" on repeat for three hours driving from Green Bay to La Crosse.
I have been listening to Paradise by the Dashboard Light a ton lately. And, c'mon, Rocky Horror Picture Show...?

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
21 Jan 2022 11:17
wallyuwl wrote:
21 Jan 2022 11:13
paco wrote:
RIP Meat.
ImageImageImage
I have been listening to Paradise by the Dashboard Light a ton lately. And, c'mon, Rocky Horror Picture Show...?
Confession, I've never seen Rocky Horror Picture Show and have no desire to.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
21 Jan 2022 14:16
Confession, I've never seen Rocky Horror Picture Show and have no desire to.
Do it. It's a guilty pleasure. Actually saw a play in college and that led me to the film. It's fun. Have low expectations and you should enjoy it.

Read More. Post Less.