Packers at Ravens GDT: Sunday, December 19, 2021; 3:25pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Let's review the improvement on Special Teams from last week to this week. Keep in mind. This was an Improvment

1. Isaac Yaidom gets a personal foul Fair Catch Interference for no reason.

2. Amari Rodgers best return of the year gets called back on a hold. (didn't seem to impact the play but who knows)

3. Packers contain the Ravens before halftime on Kick Coverage but don't converge to make the tackle giving up another 10 to 15 yards which could have come very in handy for our offense before half.

4. Having Jonathan Garvin be the guy to catch a high flyer on a kickoff. Shockingly doesn't catch it. Patrick Taylor comes up and the ball goes through his legs. Garvin barely falls on it on a kickoff return. Packers are lucky to start on the 12 yardline.

5. A delay of game on a punt. A punt.

6. A botched punt after the delay of game to set up the Ravens in Packers territory.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

texas wrote:
20 Dec 2021 02:36
paco wrote:
19 Dec 2021 20:34
Is it me, or is it strangely quiet for a game in which the Packers clinched the playoffs and the division, on the road against a good team, for the 3rd year in a row, and a lot of other stuff to make this sentence longer?

MLF doing stuff coaches just don't do in this league in the SB era. 3 straight division wins, 3 straight seasons with at least 11 wins in his first 3 seasons.

Rodgers looking like MVP again. A defense, despite a few speed bumps, that can definitely help win us a Super Bowl. This is fun people. As Rodgers has been saying all year. Savor it. Appreciate it. Soak it all in.

If you haven't learned anything from everything that's happened over the last 2 years, learn that. Sorry, mini semi-drunken-rant over. Go Pack Go.
It's because we all know the results of the past decade and we know that having a really good regular season team doesn't mean anything in the playoffs.

Not saying this isn't great but it is absolutely not time to celebrate yet.
your hopeless, Baltimore may be as beat up as we are, however we just beat them with 5 backups on the OL, missing arguably our best pass rusher, and CB, thats a achievement to be proud of, we took a up and coming backup QB lightly who performed like a seasoned pro and pulled off a victory in there house, and all you can say is remember the PAST, either get on the victory band wagon and root for the team or give your seat to a Packer fan that appreciates how hard it is to actually win a SB :box:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2021 06:31
Let's review the improvement on Special Teams from last week to this week. Keep in mind. This was an Improvment

2. Amari Rodgers best return of the year gets called back on a hold. (didn't seem to impact the play but who knows)

3. Packers contain the Ravens before halftime on Kick Coverage but don't converge to make the tackle giving up another 10 to 15 yards which could have come very in handy for our offense before half.

4. Having Jonathan Garvin be the guy to catch a high flyer on a kickoff. Shockingly doesn't catch it. Patrick Taylor comes up and the ball goes through his legs. Garvin barely falls on it on a kickoff return. Packers are lucky to start on the 12 yardline.

6. A botched punt after the delay of game to set up the Ravens in Packers territory.
ya know the personal situation isn't good when your gunner runs over the Player making a fair catch, and he continues as your gunner on the next play, we should hire Urban Meyer to be our teams coach, or anyone that would kick a player like him, our teams players act stupid, and do things you would expect from J V footballers.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
20 Dec 2021 07:27
go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2021 06:31

ya know the personal situation isn't good when your gunner runs over the Player making a fair catch, and he continues as your gunner on the next play, we should hire Urban Meyer to be our teams coach, or anyone that would kick a player like him, our teams players act stupid, and do things you would expect from J V footballers.
Yeah when it is literally a new player each time making a stupid mistake, I start to think less that it is a personnel issue and is more of a coaching issue.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Alright some shoutouts for this week.

1. Offensive Line - I have been HARD on the Oline the last few weeks. I don't take concessions especially with the Oline because what we have is what we get except for a potential Bakh return. But man these guys balled yesterday. Kelly had two poor plays but otherwise they opened up some great holes for Jones which really surprised me. Great job Oline. :aok: John Runyan is looking to be a long term starter for us at guard. (Newman not so much. Wouldn't try attempting to improve at that spot next year)

2. Tyler Davis - I think we got a player here. The memorable play is the quick pass over the middle of the field but the dude has been a great blocker all year. He has passed Dafney in my mind. He'd have been my Here's Johnny winner if someone picked him.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

paco wrote:
20 Dec 2021 06:17
texas wrote:
paco wrote:
19 Dec 2021 20:34
Is it me, or is it strangely quiet for a game in which the Packers clinched the playoffs and the division, on the road against a good team, for the 3rd year in a row, and a lot of other stuff to make this sentence longer?

MLF doing stuff coaches just don't do in this league in the SB era. 3 straight division wins, 3 straight seasons with at least 11 wins in his first 3 seasons.

Rodgers looking like MVP again. A defense, despite a few speed bumps, that can definitely help win us a Super Bowl. This is fun people. As Rodgers has been saying all year. Savor it. Appreciate it. Soak it all in.

If you haven't learned anything from everything that's happened over the last 2 years, learn that. Sorry, mini semi-drunken-rant over. Go Pack Go.
It's because we all know the results of the past decade and we know that having a really good regular season team doesn't mean anything in the playoffs.

BS, totally time to celebrate. If wait to celebrate only the top achievements, you may never celebrate. Division wins still matter, even for a team that is used to getting them.
You guys are objectively wrong.

Maybe celebrate the first 5 times we win the division and get bounced in the playoffs, but not the next 5 times.

At this point it is Super Bowl or bust.

"B-b-b-ut just think about what if we had the type of QB that a normal NFL team has, we would be thankful for even 1 division championship"

Well, we don't. We've had 3 decades of all time great QB play. We have the #1 WR. We have the #1 CB. We have a top 3 pass rush. We have the #1 LT. We have a top 5 running back corps. So no, a division championship is like the bare minimum.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

texas wrote:
20 Dec 2021 14:11

Maybe celebrate the first 5 times we win the division and get bounced in the playoffs, but not the next 5 times.

"B-b-b-ut just think about what if we had the type of QB that a normal NFL team has, we would be thankful for even 1 division championship"

Well, we don't. We've had 3 decades of all time great QB play. We have the #1 WR. We have the #1 CB. We have a top 3 pass rush. We have the #1 LT. We have a top 5 running back corps. So no, a division championship is like the bare minimum.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

you're no fun

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

texas wrote:
paco wrote:
texas wrote:

BS, totally time to celebrate. If wait to celebrate only the top achievements, you may never celebrate. Division wins still matter, even for a team that is used to getting them.

Have fun being a sad-sack.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think why I'm having fun this season is because we have been winning despit

1. Not having the #1 LT healthy
2. Not having the #1 CB healthy
3. Not having the #1 QB play like a top QB until the MN game
4. Not having that top pass rusher all year

It's pretty special when your "Rank the Roster" is dominated by Rasul Douglas, AJ Dillon, Eric Stokes and D'Vondre Campbell until Week 13.

Whether it is wild success on the offense and defense or complete disaster on STs....damnit the Packers team do it as a team more than any other team I have seen.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

texas wrote:
paco wrote:
texas wrote:

Rodgers is the biggest reason for our past and present success, we have 1 great WR and a bunch of others that Rodgers makes people think they are better then they actually are, our #1 CB hasn't played in 2 months, our best pass rusher hasn't played all season, our #1 LT hasn't played all year and #2 has been out 6 weeks, basically right now we don't have anyone starting on the OL that started last season, yes we do have a potent running attack, but Jones is less then a 100%.

these are not excuses, just reality, between Rodgers, coach Lafluer, and the excellent play and coaching on defense we could win it all, but if that is what your deciding makes a successful season it's expected that you'd be a disappointed fan, and if you can't find joy for the team winning the division maybe football isn't your sport to follow. :thwap:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Expectations are funny things. According to my pre-season thread, 3 forum members have already been let down and the Packers season can no longer meet their expectations.

Personally, I'd be disappointed if we don't win the SB, but I can still appreciate and celebrate the smaller victories that happen on the road to that.
_
kuva.png
kuva.png (29.9 KiB) Viewed 267 times

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2021 14:53

It's pretty special when your "Rank the Roster" is dominated by Rasul Douglas, AJ Dillon, Eric Stokes and D'Vondre Campbell until Week 13.

Whether it is wild success on the offense and defense or complete disaster on STs....damnit the Packers team do it as a team more than any other team I have seen.
Man you need to stop with this not having the number 1 QB play until bla bla - its silly

We literally have not only the best QB in the league this season but the MVP.

It is distasteful and just bleh.

He had 17 td and 2 ints prior to vikings. He had won 8 games and lost 1. He beat the number 1 team in the league at the time with no receivers. We had a back up QB come in and play against a terrible defence and he could score 1 td in garbage time soft def and threw a pick.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

bud fox wrote:
20 Dec 2021 18:13
go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2021 14:53

Man you need to stop with this not having the number 1 QB play until bla bla - its silly

We literally have not only the best QB in the league this season but the MVP.

It is distasteful and just bleh.

He had 17 td and 2 ints prior to vikings. He had won 8 games and lost 1. He beat the number 1 team in the league at the time with no receivers. We had a back up QB come in and play against a terrible defence and he could score 1 td in garbage time soft def and threw a pick.
Im Just happy he said he was having fun this season, I couldn’t tell.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

It’s no mystery to me why the Packers are winning despite injuries:

1) other worldly QB play. Simply put, this team would not be winning at such a rate without the masterful play of Aaron Rodgers. Full stop.

2) Joe Barry. What this defense has done despite injuries has been incredible and kept us in every game.

3) devondre Campbell. Consistent, rock solid play at ILB has freed everyone else up on the D to play a manageable role. Campbell has changed the potential of the defense.

4) Gutey. The OL he selected and finding Campbell and Rasul has been season saving. Rasul kept the back end strong when Jaire went out. Stokes hasn’t been somebody defenses can pick on.

5) OL COACH. My goodness can I sign up and can he turn me into a capable player? What he has done with the OL despite the injuries is just magical.

6) Lafleur. The way this man has managed turbulence with Rodgers, injuries, FO riffs has been his finest hour. Not many could do it. The house would have imploded in most orgs. Not under Coach Lefluers watch. Great guy, great communicator.

That’s it, it is amazing and surprising, but it’s no mystery!
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Weeks 1 to 10:
9th in TDs
6th in INTs (min. 100 passes) (He had 4, not 2)
9th in Passer Rating
15th in Completion %
17th in Yards

Since Week 10:
1st in TDs
1st in INTs (min. 100 passes)
1st in Passer Rating
3rd in Yards
3rd in Completion %

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

As for ST... Crosby made all of his FG and extra points (it seems the blocking changed, or maybe it was just how the Ravens rushed) and they recovered the onside kick. All crucial.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Dec 2021 19:25
Weeks 1 to 10:
9th in TDs
6th in INTs (min. 100 passes) (He had 4, not 2)
9th in Passer Rating
15th in Completion %
17th in Yards

Since Week 10:
1st in TDs
1st in INTs (min. 100 passes)
1st in Passer Rating
3rd in Yards
3rd in Completion %
New Orleans is an outlier but I did miss the other int that game - so count.

But count the first 8 weeks.

It is quite cheeky using 10 weeks when you know Rodgers missed a game in week 9.

I know the argument is from Min but you can't compare 10 weeks when he only had 9 in the pocket.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

bud fox wrote:
20 Dec 2021 22:07
New Orleans is an outlier but I did miss the other int that game - so count.

But count the first 8 weeks.

It is quite cheeky using 10 weeks when you know Rodgers missed a game in week 9.

I know the argument is from Min but you can't compare 10 weeks when he only had 9 in the pocket.
The best ability is availability. When you're talking about a QB's impact on a team, missing a game is about the biggest impact you can have.