2021 Dynasty League Discussion

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Congrats, [mention]mnkcarp[/mention]!!

:beer2: :clap: :lombardi:

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

NCF wrote:
28 Dec 2021 16:45
So, who we trading for this offseason?
All my other leagues, trading opens up 1/1. Same here? Nothing really happens until later in the season in this league, but would be fun to have the option.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Any topics to review?

Extend the regular season by 1 more game to reflect the new 18 week season, we never adjusted.

Or shorten the regular season and do 2 week playoff matchups? Or maybe just the championship?

Any desire to throw in $5 or $10? 2nd places gets $10 or $20, winner gets $40 or $80?

Any point or rule or roster changes? Shrink or Expand IR or bench, add/remove a starting spot, etc.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
30 Dec 2021 13:52
Any topics to review?

Extend the regular season by 1 more game to reflect the new 18 week season, we never adjusted.

Or shorten the regular season and do 2 week playoff matchups? Or maybe just the championship?

Any desire to throw in $5 or $10? 2nd places gets $10 or $20, winner gets $40 or $80?

Any point or rule or roster changes? Shrink or Expand IR or bench, add/remove a starting spot, etc.
I will always be in favor of expanding rosters. It’s always tough to balance my bench between guys who can contribute versus stashes for next year. I think starting spots are fine, but I will also support if there is ever a movement towards starting one TE and adding another flex spot (not a QB flex).

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Expanded rosters.

Expanded IR (not sure what next year brings with Covid but there were times this year between injuries, byes and Covid I literally didn’t have anyone to play).

I will throw any money in.

All-Play record for 4th playoff spot.

We should have an official ballot for everyone to fill out and vote on rule changes every year. We do majority rules in my other leagues.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

I'm always fine with bigger rosters
We should definitely add a few more IR spots
Not in favor of changing any positions unless we change it for 2023 season (time to prepare)
Fine with throwing in a few bucks
Definitely good with adding a week to the season or expanding the playoffs to 2 weeks
4 spot playoffs what about division winners, best overall record, most points scored as the 4 spots?

Happy new year and good win!

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

I thought I was very lucky the final was in week 16 - caught lightning in a bottle and scored 152. But as it turned out, Chase, Burrow, St. Brown, etc... had an even better week 17 and I outscored my week 16. Left me feeling optimistic for this team, as thin as it is in places...

I think our rosters are big enough. You should have to choose between stashing prospects and keeping a playable team on the field. Your decisions don't matter if they have no cost. We have waivers. If Covid continues to be a thing, expanded IR would help, but I don't want bigger benches.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Ok, looks like early support for expanding roster sizes and/or IR.

I actually like how big they are, although COVID made for a really weird year for sure, and was stupid FF wouldn't let you add COVID players to the IR.

Also the schedule needs some tweaking, we currently have 14 weeks regular season and week 15 and 16 for playoffs.

I kind of like the idea of of maybe 13 week regular season, 14 and 15 weeks and wild card round, then 16 and 17 for championship game. Or would other rather just do a 15 week regular season and 16 and 17 are playoffs?

Also a little support, no objections yet to tossing in a few $$.

Then also playoff seeding. Matt said 2 division winners, highest remaining scorer and then best remaining record. I do have a fear that playoff seeds could be all set very early, like weeks 10/11 under those parameters, or maybe not.

Divisions do remain lopsided, if anyone wants to swap, go for it I say. Although me and carp are looking to be the two best teams next year right now.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Are we going to vote on topics?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packfntk wrote:
04 Jan 2022 08:45
Yeah, I would like to settle on a few direct proposals and I can send out like a google forms thing.

But want an actual schedule proposal rather than a, should we change it to this, this, this or this or something else type of deal.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

BF004 wrote:
04 Jan 2022 08:53
Packfntk wrote:
04 Jan 2022 08:45
Yeah, I would like to settle on a few direct proposals and I can send out like a google forms thing.

But want an actual schedule proposal rather than a, should we change it to this, this, this or this or something else type of deal.
Maybe give people a few days to submit rule proposals to vote on and have them email it to you and then have the league vote? We do an in person owners meeting for my local dynasty but that isn't an option. In my online big dynasty we hold an online discussion about each proposal (Each topic has it's own thread), etc. But that can get lengthy. I would just say, "If you have anything you want the league to vote on, get it to me by XXXX via email. Then put together a google form for it, and majority rules for changes. I can do the form if you want, takes like 3 minutes.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
04 Jan 2022 08:41
Ok, looks like early support for expanding roster sizes and/or IR.

I actually like how big they are, although COVID made for a really weird year for sure, and was stupid FF wouldn't let you add COVID players to the IR.

Also the schedule needs some tweaking, we currently have 14 weeks regular season and week 15 and 16 for playoffs.

I kind of like the idea of of maybe 13 week regular season, 14 and 15 weeks and wild card round, then 16 and 17 for championship game. Or would other rather just do a 15 week regular season and 16 and 17 are playoffs?

Also a little support, no objections yet to tossing in a few $$.

Then also playoff seeding. Matt said 2 division winners, highest remaining scorer and then best remaining record. I do have a fear that playoff seeds could be all set very early, like weeks 10/11 under those parameters, or maybe not.

Divisions do remain lopsided, if anyone wants to swap, go for it I say. Although me and carp are looking to be the two best teams next year right now.
I'm fine with whatever roster size the group decides, but I'm in the minority of thinking it's actually one slot too big. So :idn:

I like a 15 week regular season and 16 and 17 for playoffs, but am also fine with two-week playoff games if people want.

I also would toss in a few dollars please

I like keeping the W-L as the sole determinant of playoff play, but I also agree that this season particularly was nutso-unlikely-luck stuff, so if we want to give a spot to a high scorer, instead, so be it.

Do we even need divisions? I like just alternating the previous year's point-scorers to make new ones each year, if that's an option. I also don't care enough to push an agenda on them, though

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Roster size fine

15 week regular season

No divisions

W-L record determines playoff teams with total points a tie-breaker

$ - don't care either way.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jan 2022 19:29
Roster size fine

15 week regular season

No divisions

W-L record determines playoff teams with total points a tie-breaker

$ - don't care either way.
Exactly this for me too.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

I'm not picky but do like the 2 week playoff matchup per round.

Also for some $