What are you listening to..?

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

APB wrote:
28 Dec 2021 14:26
wallyuwl wrote:
28 Dec 2021 12:44
APB wrote:
28 Dec 2021 11:04

Looking at these Klipsch bookshelf speakers marked down add'l $125 post-Xmas. Klipsch very well respected in home sound systems from what I understand.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_714RP400M ... -400M.html

Anybody with thoughts?

Nothing wrong with the Klipsch. But you are paying for the name (as compared to 20 years ago). I am not a fan of dome titanium tweeters, as those have. Too bright without proper EQ.

For not much more $$$ you should look at these. Ribbon vs dome tweeter (much better), and they have a good internal crossover system. Good sensitivity,, too, so you will get more out of your amp. Available new or Outlet, and different colors.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_839MO15IR ... alnut.html

I have a Definitive Technology set of floor speakers, center, and surround with a Pioneer Elite receiver. All about 8 years old. If I were to upgrade I would probably go with Martin Logan speakers and Marantz receiver.
Not much more money? I’m assuming you didn’t notice that Martin Logan speaker was priced individually. For a pair, they’re asking $720. Too rich for my blood for a simple pair of turntable speakers. I do appreciate the input though.
A family member has a pair of Martin Logan bookshelf speakers by my recommendation. Still to this day the cleanest sound I've heard for music.

In my setup I'm running a pair of Revel F36's with the C25 center. Likely will continue to add in the near future .
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

New Kid Rock...

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

wallyuwl wrote:
25 Jan 2022 19:44
New Kid Rock...

OK.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I saw Kid Rock open up for Metallica back in 2000. My wife was screaming at the top of her lungs at him, various expletives. It was hilarious. She used words she usually hates to use. We used that opportunity to go check out the merch table. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80 wrote:
02 Feb 2022 12:02
wallyuwl wrote:
25 Jan 2022 19:44
New Kid Rock...

OK.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Good Lord is that putrid.

Just awful, so awful, Wally.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

#1 on itunes.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Which goes to support my long standing political axiom, that views are more driven by spite than logic.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I loved Kid Rock in the late 90's early 2000's. It's still one of my favorites to listen to at the gym. It was edgy, but smart. This is a cash grab. The lyrics were likely not even written by him and were probably thrown together in an afternoon which might be twice as long as it took to record that. Just take as many buzz words as possible and try to make them rhyme.

Big thumbs down.

Read More. Post Less.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

NCF wrote:
02 Feb 2022 13:47
I loved Kid Rock in the late 90's early 2000's. It's still one of my favorites to listen to at the gym. It was edgy, but smart. This is a cash grab. The lyrics were likely not even written by him and were probably thrown together in an afternoon which might be twice as long as it took to record that. Just take as many buzz words as possible and try to make them rhyme.

Big thumbs down.
I didn't like "early" Kid Rock. Too vulgar. This kind of is, too, and is more reminiscent of his early stuff than anything since 2005 or so. But the message is on point. ICYMI: nobody (that has made it) writes their own lyrics anymore.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

wallyuwl wrote:
02 Feb 2022 15:15
ICYMI: nobody (that has made it) writes their own lyrics anymore.
Then whoever used to write his lyrics didn't write these. Honestly, the song should be called make buzz words rhyme and then say F you.

Read More. Post Less.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

wallyuwl wrote:
02 Feb 2022 15:15
NCF wrote:
02 Feb 2022 13:47

Big thumbs down.
I didn't like "early" Kid Rock. Too vulgar. This kind of is, too, and is more reminiscent of his early stuff than anything since 2005 or so. But the message is on point. ICYMI: nobody (that has made it) writes their own lyrics anymore.
This is a joke right? :lol:

I liked him through Devil Without a Cause, but that was it. Once I knew he was only in it for the money it was all over for me.

Ever hear his rap album? I haven't but it came out in 92 or something like that. Grit Sandwiches and something something.

Edit: Here it is, 1990.

Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

A bit different than my usual. But sometimes sitting back and relaxing with some post rock is what is needed. You might recognize this song from Moneyball and several other movies and TV shows it was used in.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I had forgotten how much I like Collective Soul until the band started popping up on my music stream lately. Yeah, it's not all great but they had a lot of songs I just like.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I'm 41 years old, and handled a young person's impromptu challenge of "play us some cool music", a question that has caused me much anxiety over my life, with the result that the party didn't end and they thought I was 28 years old.

I mean, coulda been worse... Thank Sweden for Spotify... :idn:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
04 Feb 2022 06:18
I had forgotten how much I like Collective Soul until the band started popping up on my music stream lately. Yeah, it's not all great but they had a lot of songs I just like.
Saw them at an outdoor concert in De Pere, WI (suburb of Green Bay) around 2001. Pretty good time.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

For Ukraine, the Jäger March, the song of my unit in the military.

It's pretty bad ass for a 1917 composition.

Give 'em hell.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

practically nothing! Don't play music while working and after work I tend to enjoy silence more to help unwind. But a few things that have caught my attention lately...

Rage of Light. I like the new singer.

Evergrey. They've never been my favorite of the genre. But Englund is unique in the genre. His stuff with Silent Skies is really good too.

Oceans of Slumber. Always forget about them, but they are good. Saw them in concert a few years back opening for Insomnium.

Amon Amarth. How can you not enjoy these guys?

Arch Enemy, FINALLY letting Alissa get in her clean vocals. So good, love Alissa, for so man reasons.

One from a while ago but came across it again. I'm not a big rap guy, but I looked for more of his stuff after I heard this. Wow.
RIP JustJeff

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Recently started listening to Queens of the Stone Age. 10+ years too late, I know. They rock!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Alissa from Arch Enemy sounds like Lizzy Hale from Halestorm.