What Are You Watching?

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
14 Nov 2021 20:26
Anyone ever read the Dune books? Heard they are really good. Made it like 3 chapters into what I believe was the first book a while back and I had no idea what was going on. Could use a little more motivation to stick with it.
Just finished the first book. Really good read.

Herbert goes much deeper into the mental machinations and growth that each character experiences, Paul Atreides in particular, and the storyline all ties together beautifully as the characters develop. As is typical, the book gives a much greater and clearer picture of characters and plot lines you just can’t capture in film.

I was a bit surprised the book didn’t actually put a lot of time into detailing the major battle scenes. It’s like completely opposite of how Hollywood focuses which is understandable considering what draws the visual audience. Herbert covers those scenes brilliantly, of course, but he doesn’t overwrite them either. They happen and then he’s back to focusing on the characters and greater plot.

Really enjoyed Dune. Highly recommend the book(s) if you enjoyed the movie.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Oct 2021 20:06
salmar80 wrote:
01 Oct 2021 14:28
lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Sep 2021 21:40
Foundation is a must watch if you have appletv or a way of streaming (if you need one PM me). Only 2 episodes so far but this was the best effects I have seen in a TV series. Really incredible scenes. I would suggest not watching the trailer but if you dont want to take my word for it on how great this show is give it a shot and see if it interests you.
This is SO GOOD.

Go into it with some patience. The premise is absolutely wonderful. And it's a spectacle.

Let me try to sell it:

What if you were a person who actually could predict the future. Decipher it from the fine threads of information that flow trough the universe. Accurately and to the finest detail. Never been wrong.

And now, your latest prediction is: End of it all.
The bridge scene I have watched over and over. 3rd episode was a little week but I am fascinated by the emperor history and way it works.
I’m halfway through the first season and really enjoying this. Was a bit confusing at first but now that I’ve gotten to know the characters and story a little better it’s very interesting. The visual effects are fantastic.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Anyone go see the new Ghostbusters movie? I'm a total sucker for nostalgia, but so many times they can ruin a good opportunity with a bad story. This hit every mark for me. It was awesome. Completely exceeded my expectations and I loved absolutely everything about it.

Read More. Post Less.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

New Matrix movie out Dec 22. Might go the first day.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
05 Dec 2021 22:21
Me too. Alone. The wife can't stand the entire series.

How we've lasted this long... :dunno:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I like Jodie Whittaker as The Doctor. But this season, and frankly most of hers, have sucked. Hope they give her a good ending.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
06 Dec 2021 05:55
wallyuwl wrote:
05 Dec 2021 22:21
Me too. Alone. The wife can't stand the entire series.

How we've lasted this long... :dunno:
I am excited for this one, too.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

So I’m starting the Boba Fett series. Not a huge Star Wars expert but enjoyed all the movies and the Mandalorian series.

So who exactly is Boba Fett? How does he relate to the Mandalorian?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
06 Jan 2022 20:10
So I’m starting the Boba Fett series. Not a huge Star Wars expert but enjoyed all the movies and the Mandalorian series.

So who exactly is Boba Fett? How does he relate to the Mandalorian?
Boba Fett is a bounty hunter who is the clone of Jango Fett, also a bounty hunter. Jango Fett was Mandalorian foundling, so I guess that would make Boba Mandalorian as well.

I am no expert by any means, but sometimes get caught up in Wookieepedia: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Boba_Fett - https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jango_Fett
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Watched pt 1 of The Beatles: Get Back documentary series. If you’re a fan of The Beatles, I highly recommend. Watching them work their creative juices in producing the Let It Be album whilst the band is falling apart around them is truly fascinating.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Saved By The Bell has a remake on Peacock. It is pretty good, actually. A good mix of the old cast and new storyline. It is a little woke, but not enough to ruin it. The most cringe line was when Kelly said to Zack "you were voted second hottest governor behind Whitmer." :puke:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Ozark! Saw they posted part 1 of the final season. I watched it this weekend. Still really good. Can't wait to see how they wrap it up. And by wrap it up, who's left alive in the end. I know who I want left alive.
RIP JustJeff

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Great show - I’m through the first 3 new episodes and it’s still quality content. I hope they don’t take TOO long to release the last half of this final season!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I started with S4E1 last night but found I had forgotten a lot of the finer details from S3. Think I'm gonna rewatch the last half or so of S3 then roll on into S4 again.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
24 Jan 2022 14:21
I started with S4E1 last night but found I had forgotten a lot of the finer details from S3. Think I'm gonna rewatch the last half or so of S3 then roll on into S4 again.
Yeah, Season 3 got weird and complicated. I might need to brush up on everything, again, too.

Read More. Post Less.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
24 Jan 2022 14:21
This is the problem with on demand released at once. You binge 10 episodes then forget most of the story when the new season is released 9 to 12 months later. I really liked seasons 1 and even 2 of Hannah, but felt lost with the first episode of season 3 and haven't tried watching it again.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Just watch the 3 minute season 3 recap - it goes over the majority of storylines going on.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Gunzaan wrote:
03 Dec 2021 10:43
Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Nov 2021 06:52
paco wrote:
19 Nov 2021 06:42

Is that coming out 1 episode at a time or is the whole season out?
First 3 last night, then 1 at a time up to 8.
If you are enjoying it, awesome… but I quit watching. The first 3 episodes were sooooooo bad. I understand it’s a ridiculously long book series, but the character changes (not just the miscast actors but their character’s personality differences) are just awful.

I was expecting canon to be changed but this isn’t even close to the same story.
It just got worse... It could have been so good, but was so bad.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

That sucks… it’s not like the story is ever going to get another show. Boo 😒

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Gunzaan wrote:
24 Jan 2022 15:16
Just watch the 3 minute season 3 recap - it goes over the majority of storylines going on.
APB wrote:…but found I had forgotten a lot of the finer details from S3