Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

paco wrote:
24 Jan 2022 16:03
Not going to post it all because I'm on my phone. But MLF is saying all the "right" stuff to get Rodgers back.

Him, Gutey, and Murphy all want him back.
No rebuild.
Want Rodgers to be comfortable with team and plan.
Cap is fake and we can keep everyone he wants (major paraphrase).
Love has room to improve.
BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Okay, add MLF to the trade bait with Denver if he's too cowardly to coach without Rodgers, ask for the Ricky Williams haul and see which one of Getsy or Stenavich is up for the job.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
24 Jan 2022 17:02
paco wrote:
Not going to post it all because I'm on my phone. But MLF is saying all the "right" stuff to get Rodgers back.

No rebuild.
BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Okay, add MLF to the trade bait with Denver if he's too cowardly to coach without Rodgers, ask for the Ricky Williams haul and see which one of Getsy or Stenavich is up for the job.
I mean it would be stupid to publicly say "yeah he's gone"

drive up the price. Be coy about this. And in the end, leave the option of having him come back be a reality. If we want a premium price, we need to still give the vibes we legit don't want to rebuilt yet. Make other teams force us to move on.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
24 Jan 2022 16:41
:rotf:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I gotta say, Lafleur is really showing his weaknesses as a coach.

Hes done a GREAT job here, so this is not "fire the coach" talk, but my goodness this man needs an edge. He is always giving the happy cliche talk. When asked about the ST coordinators future, he said he "hadnt even thought about it" and the time for coaches evaluations will be much later down the road.

What a joke. He also pretty much seemed to absolve Rodgers of all blame for the loss. Now, I understand that considering how Rodgers gets his feelings hurt. Lafleur knows Rodgers would demand a trade to the Bears if he crossed him the wrong way.

But what really bothered me, besides not announcing the firing of Drayton...was Lafleur parroted the Rodgers line of "being numb", and "never thinking it was going to end this way"

Um Matt, its do or die in the playoffs, and every team is good. knowing that it CAN happen to you fuels your drive to improve and your intensity throughout the week leading up to game day. Its not time to worry about hair gel, your fit, or your fade...its time to know that you can be going home..that Rodgers time in GB can end at any time...and youve got to do everything in your power to prevent that....which includes taking over STs yourself and canning the liability.

All of this talk of how the whole team cant believe its over and they never dreamed that would be possible makes me just think they lost because they assumed they had a ticket punched to the NFCCG already. Hell, maybe they thought this was a practice and they really got two weeks off between games.

That mentality is sickening to me
Last edited by Drj820 on 24 Jan 2022 17:18, edited 1 time in total.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
24 Jan 2022 17:05
Labrev wrote:
paco wrote:

No rebuild.
BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

drive up the price. Be coy about this. And in the end, leave the option of having him come back be a reality. If we want a premium price, we need to still give the vibes we legit don't want to rebuilt yet. E Make other teams force us to move on.
This. He is being a salesman.
Last edited by wallyuwl on 24 Jan 2022 17:29, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

It should bother NO ONE that an NFL head coach didn't fire a coordinator in a press conference 2 days after the game.

A question I have is should they have thought they were going to lose? And we are going after LaFleur's appearance... That's completely out of line ridiculous.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:
paco wrote:

No rebuild.
BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

drive up the price. Be coy about this. And in the end, leave the option of having him come back be a reality. If we want a premium price, we need to still give the vibes we legit don't want to rebuilt yet. Make other teams force us to move on.
Could be, I'll admit I didn't consider that and it makes sense.

Yet I have this funny feeling that he is being sincere there...
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Jan 2022 17:16
I gotta say, Lafleur is really showing his weaknesses as a coach.

Hes done a GREAT job here, so this is not "fire the coach" talk, but my goodness this man needs an edge. He is always giving the happy cliche talk. When asked about the ST coordinators future, he said he "hadnt even thought about it" and the time for coaches evaluations will be much later down the road.

What a joke. He also pretty much seemed to absolve Rodgers of all blame for the loss. Now, I understand that considering how Rodgers gets his feelings hurt. Lafleur knows Rodgers would demand a trade to the Bears if he crossed him the wrong way.

But what really bothered me, besides not announcing the firing of Drayton...was Lafleur parroted the Rodgers line of "being numb", and "never thinking it was going to end this way"

Um Matt, its do or die in the playoffs, and every team is good. knowing that it CAN happen to you fuels your drive to improve and your intensity throughout the week leading up to game day. Its not time to worry about hair gel, your fit, or your fade...its time to know that you can be going home..that Rodgers time in GB can end at any time...and youve got to do everything in your power to prevent that....which includes taking over STs yourself and canning the liability.

All of this talk of how the whole team cant believe its over and they never dreamed that would be possible makes me just think they lost because they assumed they had a ticket punched to the NFCCG already. Hell, maybe they thought this was a practice and they really got two weeks off between games.

That mentality is sickening to me
I don't hate at all that he hasn't fired Mo yet. That would just be a d*ck move and you want people to work for you.

That being said, I can't not look at this entire team outside of the of the defense and just think of them as losers.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah, I don't care when he gets fired, just as long as he does before next season. They didn't cut Bo$t!c until like a month later, but he was a dead man walking anway.

Like, it's fun to say outrageous things like "Matt should have put on an impromptu halftime ceremony and publicly fired him with a Why You Suck speech!!" and all but it's just kind of silly to actually call for that, lol.
—Magneto

TB4
Reactions:

Post by TB4 »

Labrev wrote:
24 Jan 2022 17:33
go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I actually think MLF is being sincere about bringing Aaron Rodgers back and I think Gutey and Murph would also. Why? Because they dont have the guts to go through a rebuild and run a HOF QB out of town because they all know Love isnt the answer at a very important position. Ted and Mccarthy knew Rodgers was the answer at QB when they took the hit to let Favre get on the plane - They knew it would suck for 60 days and then after a few games everyone would see what they already knew. But now, they all know they screwed the pooch with 1. How they handled the Love draft and 2. That Love aint the answer or the future. So can these three guys handle the backlash of public opinion and ridicule of driving the HOF QB to the airport - No way. Why do I know this? Well 1. Why would Gutey spend all season fixing and repairing his relationship with Rodgers if he was ready to put him on the plane? Why would he kiss his ass, get Cobb, have Rodgers have input, keep the anti-vaxx secret, etc ? He didnt care about all that stuff when he was trading up to take Love, so why would it matter now if you only wanted Rodgers for 1 more season? MLF doesnt know if hes a good enough coach or offensive mind yet, he hasnt done it without Rodgers and im sure he has a lot of doubt that he can be a great coach with Love. He sure would have doubt about developing Love by what he already has seen of Love and he has never developed a young drafted QB into the upper echelon of that position. Murph knows his time is coming to an end with Rodgers depature- He has done Titletowm and the Stock offerings and whats really left for him? Watch a rebuild while knowing Love isnt the answer, like Rodgers was the answer to Favre. Stick around to see the new Jumbotron put up? No - Presidents do more for business side of the organization more so the team aspect- but they get blamed for failed seasons and uncertain futures. Also, those three know, the mass majority of fans only care about the QB , they dont care about young talent or how that talent stays, they dont care about salary cap issues or even know how the salary cap works. They only know what and who is on the tv screen when they tune in. So do they care if we sign Devondre Campbell or keep Aaron Rodgers ? even though the smart thing is to keep Devondre Campbell and let Rodgers go - majority of fans dont know that- they think the QB wins all the games or loses the game because the coach screwed up or the refs made a bad call -
Now, after saying that- Do the 3, ( MLF, Gutey, Murph) want Rodgers back - yes because they want Rodgers to be the one to leave on his own. Not him saying " Gutey doesnt take my input" "No money for me because they want to keep younger guys" " They like Love and its his time" - They want Rodgers to say - I want to be paid the highest ever for a QB and Im going elsewhere to get it or something that makes Rodgers look like the bad guy, so the 3 can say - Hey - he left , so we are gonna see what we got with Love and bare with us - Then Murph will retire during the season, MLF will learn if hes good enough and Gutey will say - I did everything I could to keep him - so dont blame us. But if Rodgers says- I like the plan, I plan to play 5 more years and give me a new contract - Those 3 guys wouldnt give a 2nd thought about it. They would sell the farm to keep Rodgers and take 2 years letting some good young talent leave, clean up the books a bit, hope they draft some pieces and in 2024 start the money spree to go all-in for his last 3 years - They would even try to clear the books this year to keep Adams-

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
24 Jan 2022 18:54
Yeah, I don't care when he gets fired, just as long as he does before next season. They didn't cut Bo$t!c until like a month later, but he was a dead man walking anway.

Like, it's fun to say outrageous things like "Matt should have put on an impromptu halftime ceremony and publicly fired him with a Why You Suck speech!!" and all but it's just kind of silly to actually call for that, lol.
That would have fired the team up. Everybody would have known s*** just got real. What you suggest actually sounds like a great idea. Everybody in that room would know they need to perform or they would be next. Tom Brady would have fired Mo himself at halftime if he was a Packer.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TB4 wrote:
24 Jan 2022 19:13
Labrev wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I actually think MLF is being sincere about bringing Aaron Rodgers back and I think Gutey and Murph would also. Why? Because they dont have the guts to go through a rebuild and run a HOF QB out of town because they all know Love isnt the answer at a very important position. Ted and Mccarthy knew Rodgers was the answer at QB when they took the hit to let Favre get on the plane - They knew it would suck for 60 days and then after a few games everyone would see what they already knew. But now, they all know they screwed the pooch with 1. How they handled the Love draft and 2. That Love aint the answer or the future. So can these three guys handle the backlash of public opinion and ridicule of driving the HOF QB to the airport - No way. Why do I know this? Well 1. Why would Gutey spend all season fixing and repairing his relationship with Rodgers if he was ready to put him on the plane? Why would he kiss his ass, get Cobb, have Rodgers have input, keep the anti-vaxx secret, etc ? He didnt care about all that stuff when he was trading up to take Love, so why would it matter now if you only wanted Rodgers for 1 more season? MLF doesnt know if hes a good enough coach or offensive mind yet, he hasnt done it without Rodgers and im sure he has a lot of doubt that he can be a great coach with Love. He sure would have doubt about developing Love by what he already has seen of Love and he has never developed a young drafted QB into the upper echelon of that position. Murph knows his time is coming to an end with Rodgers depature- He has done Titletowm and the Stock offerings and whats really left for him? Watch a rebuild while knowing Love isnt the answer, like Rodgers was the answer to Favre. Stick around to see the new Jumbotron put up? No - Presidents do more for business side of the organization more so the team aspect- but they get blamed for failed seasons and uncertain futures. Also, those three know, the mass majority of fans only care about the QB , they dont care about young talent or how that talent stays, they dont care about salary cap issues or even know how the salary cap works. They only know what and who is on the tv screen when they tune in. So do they care if we sign Devondre Campbell or keep Aaron Rodgers ? even though the smart thing is to keep Devondre Campbell and let Rodgers go - majority of fans dont know that- they think the QB wins all the games or loses the game because the coach screwed up or the refs made a bad call -
Now, after saying that- Do the 3, ( MLF, Gutey, Murph) want Rodgers back - yes because they want Rodgers to be the one to leave on his own. Not him saying " Gutey doesnt take my input" "No money for me because they want to keep younger guys" " They like Love and its his time" - They want Rodgers to say - I want to be paid the highest ever for a QB and Im going elsewhere to get it or something that makes Rodgers look like the bad guy, so the 3 can say - Hey - he left , so we are gonna see what we got with Love and bare with us - Then Murph will retire during the season, MLF will learn if hes good enough and Gutey will say - I did everything I could to keep him - so dont blame us. But if Rodgers says- I like the plan, I plan to play 5 more years and give me a new contract - Those 3 guys wouldnt give a 2nd thought about it. They would sell the farm to keep Rodgers and take 2 years letting some good young talent leave, clean up the books a bit, hope they draft some pieces and in 2024 start the money spree to go all-in for his last 3 years - They would even try to clear the books this year to keep Adams-

Epic post :aok:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Jan 2022 19:17
Labrev wrote:

That would have fired the team up. Everybody would have known s*** just got real. What you suggest actually sounds like a great idea. Everybody in that room would know they need to perform or they would be next. Tom Brady would have fired Mo himself at halftime if he was a Packer.
Oh geez.

Fired up the locker room? Or maybe the locker room would have seen it as a panic move, a knee-jerk move, a WTF are we gonna do now in the 2nd half that we weren’t already gonna do under the guy you just fired type move.

I mean, I have been advocating for Mo to go since mid-season but firing him at halftime of the division playoff game you’re currently leading is just ludicrous.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Most businesses or organizations that do that are called dysfunctional.

I think after the Chicago game was the time to do it. By then it was absolutely obvious he had to go.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
24 Jan 2022 19:35
Drj820 wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Oh geez.

Fired up the locker room? Or maybe the locker room would have seen it as a panic move, a knee-jerk move, a WTF are we gonna do now in the 2nd half that we weren’t already gonna do under the guy you just fired type move.

I mean, I have been advocating for Mo to go since mid-season but firing him at halftime of the division playoff game you’re currently leading is just ludicrous.
Haha

I say after he allowed that FG to get blocked before half, Lafleur should have had it dialed up on the Jumbotron at Lambeau for his canning to be announced right then and there. Security should have forced him to take off all packers gear, remove his headset, and be escorted out of the stadium Immediately.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Crazy thought here. Excuse me if somebody already said as much and I missed it. But...

The one reason and motivation that MLF and Guty and Murphy want 12 back next year is that Aaron Rodgers is the ONE player who is key to the team's success.

I would agree with that to a point. I just don't see that happening in January anymore. (I hope I'm wrong.)

But as an executive, General Manager, or HC, I can completely understand them wanting that ONE guy back, no matter the consequences. They see 12 as the greatest chance to win or to preserve their jobs or whatever. I get that.

I just think we need to keep that in mind if we want to forecast what happens next. It is a real variable and it will carry a lot of weight.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

paco wrote:
24 Jan 2022 12:24
This is big news. I bet his agent is pissed! :lol:
This is the best news all week! Smart guy, he found a good fit, take less to stay in that fit rather than get greedy and fail again on a different team. But still, the packers need to give him long term security and incentives.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Jan 2022 19:19
TB4 wrote:
24 Jan 2022 19:13
Labrev wrote:

Epic post :aok:
What is the Cliff's Notes version? :)

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
25 Jan 2022 11:58
Nothing would make me feel more valued by the agency then them generically tweeting out my signing and referring to me as 'client'.