Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

NCF wrote:
25 Jan 2022 13:51
I feel like MLF played PR yesterday. "We want Aaron back... (but)".

Today I feel like AR played PR. "I will make a decision soon (by the time the Packers make a decision on Davante Adams)".

That is me reading between the lines.
It seemed more like "I will make an early decision so they can deal with davante"

Not that he is waiting on a davante decision but more so he wants them to have time to work out a contract for davante or decide to let him go.

Helping his friend.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

bud fox wrote:
25 Jan 2022 14:14
NCF wrote:

Today I feel like AR played PR. "I will make a decision soon (by the time the Packers make a decision on Davante Adams)".

It seemed more like "I will make an early decision so they can deal with davante"

Not that he is waiting on a davante decision but more so he wants them to have time to work out a contract for davante or decide to let him go.

Helping his friend.
That might be what he is saying, but I doubt it is what he is doing. He knows that's what best for Aaron Rodgers is to have Adams to throw to, so he is perhaps waiting to see what the position is with both of them to stay together. I have come to the conclusion that Rodgers plays first and foremost for Aaron rodgers, and only plays for the Packers to the extent that the Packers and Rodgers happen to be going in the same direction. It's Rodgers first, the team a long way second.

I could have put up with the chipping and bitching last year if we had won the Superbowl. But he isn't a team player, and I think it's time to get rid.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

dsr wrote:
25 Jan 2022 17:46
bud fox wrote:
NCF wrote:

Helping his friend.
That might be what he is saying, but I doubt it is what he is doing. He knows that's what best for Aaron Rodgers is to have Adams to throw to, so he is perhaps waiting to see what the position is with both of them to stay together. I have come to the conclusion that Rodgers plays first and foremost for Aaron rodgers, and only plays for the Packers to the extent that the Packers and Rodgers happen to be going in the same direction. It's Rodgers first, the team a long way second.

I could have put up with the chipping and bitching last year if we had won the Superbowl. But he isn't a team player, and I think it's time to get rid.
If Rodgers only cares about Rodgers and has a massive ego and about his legacy, he will want to see davante stay in GB with Love and for Rodgers to go elsewhere to succeed without him.

Imagine Love has Adams, bahk, Jenkins, Jones all back and GB does terrible. Everyone will say it is confirmed that Rodgers hid the flaws in the roster.

Rodgers has put up record numbers without davante.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

bud fox wrote:
25 Jan 2022 17:59
dsr wrote:
bud fox wrote:

Helping his friend.

If Rodgers only cares about Rodgers and has a massive ego and about his legacy, he will want to see davante stay in GB with Love and for Rodgers to go elsewhere to succeed without him.

Imagine Love has Adams, bahk, Jenkins, Jones all back and GB does terrible. Everyone will say it is confirmed that Rodgers hid the flaws in the roster.

This just all seems too drama and spite filled for me to understand what the point is.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Oh also, another condition for bringing back Aaron should be no Davante, because homeboy just plays better when he has no great receivers.

Obviously, that is probably a dealbreaker for him but that's fine because we should probably be moving on anyway and he should only come back under the correct circumstances.

The people who whine that we did not give Rodgers enough quality receivers to throw to are not only wrong on believing that problem existed, they are also wrong to suggest that Rodgers should have been given more good receivers, or any good ones at all.

No, we gave Rodgers too many good receivers, and should have taken them away from him! #NuclearTake
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

BF004 wrote:
25 Jan 2022 18:20
bud fox wrote:
25 Jan 2022 17:59
dsr wrote:

This just all seems too drama and spite filled for me to understand what the point is.
Exactly.

Rodgers cares about his friends and he wants to make sure davantes situation is not effected by him dragging out a decision. Meaning he doesn't want davante to lose out on money.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Be nice if he could care about his friends without helping to gut his team.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

I crystalball it for you: #12 will get a new 5 year extension and announces his retirement as a Packer after this, Love gets canned. They do it because they know that Rodgers can play top ball for more years and they feel Love is Brohm 2.0. It makes a lot of sense. Why? Gute basically did bend over the table for Rodgers (TT did not for Favre back then and we know why today), now they have good relations and MLF sounds like a beggar...looks like they really wanna have him back for good because Love is no Rodgers reload.

Or do I confuse my prediction with my deepest wish how this plays out? :dunno: :idn: :lol:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

German_Panzer wrote:
26 Jan 2022 10:54
Or do I confuse my prediction with my deepest wish how this plays out? :dunno: :idn: :lol:
Yep, this part. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Do they get to field a full team under these conditions? :)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Half Empty wrote:
26 Jan 2022 11:12
Do they get to field a full team under these conditions? :)
We'll just get to see post after post of how the Packers are holding Rodgers back.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

German_Panzer wrote:
26 Jan 2022 10:54
I crystalball it for you: #12 will get a new 5 year extension and announces his retirement as a Packer after this, Love gets canned. They do it because they know that Rodgers can play top ball for more years and they feel Love is Brohm 2.0. It makes a lot of sense. Why? Gute basically did bend over the table for Rodgers (TT did not for Favre back then and we know why today), now they have good relations and MLF sounds like a beggar...looks like they really wanna have him back for good because Love is no Rodgers reload.

They're not gonna can Love while he's on a cheap rookie contract. Unless Love asks to be traded, he'll stay.

And he's not Brohm 2.0. Brohm was a head-case who didn't listen to the coaches, while Love seems to be well liked by the team.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

So Aaron turns 39 during the season next year. He always talked about playing until he's 40 but that was when he NEVER talked about retirement. Listening to him now and the fact he is deciding if he wants to play again and the comments about not wanting to "suck", makes me think he doesn't really care about a 3-year window anymore.

I think the league getting so political this year has diminished his desire to start over somewhere else. In 2023 he gets to pick his team but I'm guessing he is ready to retire a Packer rather than go somewhere else. He just sounds like a guy who wants one more chance at the ring, not someone who is thinking about playing 3-4 years more. The question is whether the Packers can keep him and enough of the other guys around for one more year to keep them competitive.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

posting this here and in the cap thread.
RIP JustJeff

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

What if Seattle offered Russ Wilson for Rodgers straight up? I’d be down.

Russ gets an O-line. Rodgers gets West Coast and gets to lose to the 49ers more.

Thoughts?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lake shark wrote:
26 Jan 2022 21:10

Russ gets an O-line. Rodgers gets West Coast and gets to lose to the 49ers more.

Thoughts?
No way.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lake shark wrote:

Thoughts?
No.

We would be in the same philosophy of paying a top QB except we are paying a top QB who is worse than the guy we currently have.
Last edited by go pak go on 27 Jan 2022 06:44, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lake shark wrote:

Thoughts?
No thanks.

I've also seen Derek Carr thrown about. You know, reunite him with Davante Adams blah, blah, blah.

Also a no for me.

The Packers have committed to their QB after Rodgers if it's gonna be this year. He already resides on the team. If he fails he fails but at least the salary cap issue will be resolved by the time that happens and they can move on with a rebuild without overpaying some proven has been or never was.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I don't understand why so many people are questioning why Rodgers would want to play in the AFC, especially the West. Yes, there are good QBs out there. AFC is starting to dominate again, or so it seems.

But not everyone wants the easy road. Ultra competitive players want to play and beat the best. Not to mention, QB'S DON'T PLAY EACH OTHER!!! Guys like Rodgers like a challenge. It may not work out and they may regret it. Doesn't mean they don't want to try.

It doesn't mean it will happen (I think it will). But people shouldn't be surprised by it. The path and the journey are more important than the destination (to some). Rodgers eluded to that fact. Going out with a SB win would certainly be nice, but it doesn't have to be that way.
RIP JustJeff