Superbowl odds. September 7th update.

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Superbowl odds. September 7th update.

Post by Raptorman »

Current SuperBowl odds, sorted by best odds on September 7th.

image.png
image.png (44.98 KiB) Viewed 1049 times

Sharkbait
Last edited by Raptorman on 08 Sep 2020 00:10, edited 3 times in total.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Here's some updated ones posted a few days ago. Tom Brady factor sure shot the Bucs up the list.

Kansas City Chiefs 4-1
Baltimore Ravens 13-2
San Francisco 49ers 7-1
New Orleans Saints 11-1
Dallas Cowboys 12-1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16-1
Philadelphia Eagles 17-1
Seattle Seahawks 17-1
Green Bay Packers 18-1
New England Patriots 20-1
Buffalo Bills 20-1
Pittsburgh Steelers 25-1
Indianapolis Colts 25-1
Los Angeles Chargers 25-1
Minnesota Vikings 28-1
Los Angeles Rams 28-1
Las Vegas Raiders 30-1
Tennessee Titans 35-1
Cleveland Browns 40-1
Chicago Bears 40-1
Denver Broncos 50-1
Houston Texans 60-1
Atlanta Falcons 60-1
Arizona Cardinals 60-1
New York Giants 60-1
Detroit Lions 100-1
New York Jets 100-1
Miami Dolphins 100-1
Carolina Panthers 125-1
Jacksonville Jaguars 200-1
Washington Redskins 200-1
Cincinnati Bengals 200-1
RIP JustJeff

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

I will update the list after the draft.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

16-1 odds for Tampa. Sheesh.

Tampa has some talent, but I just can't see Brady doing it. It'll be kinda cool seeing both Bill and Tom apart, allows us to get a feel of who really needs more..
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packers on paper are gunna be a tough pick.

13-3 last year with a really good close game record. Regression to the mean expected.

We were above average healthy last year.

We downgraded at RT from Bulaga to Wagner, probably a downgrade at ILB (relative to the Blake and Kirksey contracts).

We lost Graham and only replaced with Funchess. Again, looking at contracts handed out by actual NFL teams, expectation should be for a downgrade.

Currently losing Tramon who was okay.

I’m a homer so I think we can do it, but I definitely get the argument on paper why we aren’t a favorite pick this year.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Updated. Had a set from before the draft and today.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
20 Apr 2020 10:45
Packers on paper are gunna be a tough pick.

13-3 last year with a really good close game record. Regression to the mean expected.

We were above average healthy last year.

We downgraded at RT from Bulaga to Wagner, probably a downgrade at ILB (relative to the Blake and Kirksey contracts).

We lost Graham and only replaced with Funchess. Again, looking at contracts handed out by actual NFL teams, expectation should be for a downgrade.

Currently losing Tramon who was okay.

I’m a homer so I think we can do it, but I definitely get the argument on paper why we aren’t a favorite pick this year.
I do too. Though I do have trouble accepting that MN should jump us in the division. I don't think they got better than we did for 2020. Though they might have gotten better for 2021 and 2022.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

go pak go wrote:
27 May 2020 09:10
I do too. Though I do have trouble accepting that MN should jump us in the division. I don't think they got better than we did for 2020. Though they might have gotten better for 2021 and 2022.
Right, Minny definitely got worse from 2019 to 2020. And you are correct that they had a good draft, but they have had "good drafts" for years now, and that has not materialized into anything. I think the division is ours to lose. A lot would have to happen in our favor to win it all though.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The only team who I think are legit in the conference are the 49ers. I put them in their own tier.

I think the next tier of teams - these are teams who could be there but have a lot of uncertainty:

Green Bay
Tampa Bay
New Orleans
Dallas

Then you have the 3rd tier:

Minnesota
Seattle
Philly

Then you have the 4th tier:

Detroit
Carolina
Arizona

I expect 4 teams in the top 2 tiers to make the postseason and be the favorites to rep the NFC.
I expect 2 teams in tier 3 to make the postseason.
I expect 1 team in tier 4 to make the postseason.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Packfntk wrote:
27 May 2020 10:12
go pak go wrote:
Right, Minny definitely got worse from 2019 to 2020. And you are correct that they had a good draft, but they have had "good drafts" for years now, and that has not materialized into anything. I think the division is ours to lose. A lot would have to happen in our favor to win it all though.
How? I would love to hear how they got worse.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Raptorman wrote:
27 May 2020 13:29
Packfntk wrote:
27 May 2020 10:12
go pak go wrote:
How? I would love to hear how they got worse.
They lost most of their secondary. They cut Griffin. They re-signed Cousins.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

CB - Mike Hughes and 2 rookies. As bad as the CBs were for them last season Mike Hughes could only get in the starting lineup 3 times.

Loss of Griffin, Joseph, Diggs.

Hole at RG. Expensive hole at QB.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 May 2020 13:39
CB - Mike Hughes and 2 rookies. As bad as the CBs were for them last season Mike Hughes could only get in the starting lineup 3 times.

Thanks Brandon and Derek. This is what I was getting at. They lost a lot of starting players. A player like Diggs doesn't just grow on a tree. Is Jefferson good? Probably. Will he do what Diggs would have done this year? Probably not. That is taking a step back this year in a big way.

The defense is the big one for me. They lost a lot of pieces that did NOT make them better.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:

Yup. The hole at QB. Last 2 years Cousins and Rodgers are pretty much neck and neck. But, I'm sure Rodgers will do so much better this year. :lol:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Packfntk wrote:
27 May 2020 15:43
Pckfn23 wrote:

Thanks Brandon and Derek. This is what I was getting at. They lost a lot of starting players. A player like Diggs doesn't just grow on a tree. Is Jefferson good? Probably. Will he do what Diggs would have done this year? Probably not. That is taking a step back this year in a big way.

The defense is the big one for me. They lost a lot of pieces that did NOT make them better.
That's right. Players that weren't making them better are gone. And will Diggs do in Buffalo what he did in MN? I doubt it. He complained last year about not getting the ball, wait until he doesn't get in of Buffalo.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Raptorman wrote:
27 May 2020 16:43
That's right. Players that weren't making them better are gone. And will Diggs do in Buffalo what he did in MN? I doubt it. He complained last year about not getting the ball, wait until he doesn't get in of Buffalo.
All I was saying about Diggs, is that the vikings lost a playmaker, and took a step back there. He attributed nearly 1200 yards of offense, which is a lot.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
Players that weren't making them better are gone.
Let's focus on just the CB position. So Mike Hughes couldn't start over these players that weren't making the Vikings better, but he is going to be the #1 CB in 2020...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 May 2020 17:00
Raptorman wrote:
Let's focus on just the CB position. So Mike Hughes couldn't start over these players that weren't making the Vikings better, but he is going to be the #1 CB in 2020...
He was still recovering from ACL surgery but don't let that interfere with your thought process.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
27 May 2020 17:59
Pckfn23 wrote:
27 May 2020 17:00
Raptorman wrote:
He was still recovering from ACL surgery but don't let that interfere with your thought process.
He torn that ACL in October of 2018... He was back practicing in TC and played and played in week 3... Don't let that interfere with your injury excuse though. A guy so bad, he couldn't usurp the starting role from bad CBs who's leaving is good for the Vikings.

Freewheelingutey
Reactions:

Post by Freewheelingutey »

Oh the injury excuse! Lol if any of us Packer fans would ever use that as an excuse..you barneys would be all over us.
Kinda like 2011 playoff choke..if I am not mistaken Joe Philbins kid died and the funeral was held the week of that game. I'm sure the emotional toll had something to do with that..but..don't tell a barney fan that!!