Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
11 Feb 2022 14:16
paco wrote:
10 Feb 2022 22:29
So pathetic. He wouldn't have even won this. Vikings and Bears will grasp at anything they can.
So a player wins an award and the team promoting that win is "grasping at anything they can." Wow. But yeah, the team shouldn't have tried to let the fans know that one of their favorite players won a minor award by the NFL.
what did he win this year? imho one of the best receivers we didn't draft in team history :bigcry: :horse: :hide:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
11 Feb 2022 14:22
Raptorman wrote:
paco wrote:
10 Feb 2022 22:29
So pathetic. He wouldn't have even won this. Vikings and Bears will grasp at anything they can.
So a player wins an award and the team promoting that win is "grasping at anything they can." Wow. But yeah, the team shouldn't have tried to let the fans know that one of their favorite players won a minor award by the NFL.
I'll let this one marinade for a bit and see if you can figure this out on your own.
And that was ruined... :roll:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

flapackfan wrote:
11 Feb 2022 11:11
NCF wrote:
11 Feb 2022 08:10
Don't forget Corbin Burnes!
TJ Watt is from Wisconsin, does that count too?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
11 Feb 2022 15:12
flapackfan wrote:
11 Feb 2022 11:11
NCF wrote:
11 Feb 2022 08:10
Don't forget Corbin Burnes!
TJ Watt is from Wisconsin, does that count too?
why not, another player that would have made the pride happy, and we wouldn't have even needed to trade up to get him, I love Ted Thompson, but his drafting for positional need hurt a few times and passing on Watt to take KIng was a real blooper.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

For real?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Feb 2022 15:05
BF004 wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

I'll let this one marinade for a bit and see if you can figure this out on your own.
Oh wait, I get it. There is no such award. This tells you one thing, I don't give a damn about NFL awards to players. They mean nothing. Oh but wait Rodger won the MVP (I'm sorry, the BEST QB of the year)award. And he's playing where this weekend? The same place Jefferson and Cousins are. Color me impressed.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Good save!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Feb 2022 18:14
Good save!
Why can't we acknowledge and celebrate this award? (That he wouldn't have won vs. Joe Burrow)

Oh, it's not real, celebrating awards is dumb. And really, it's you guys who are dumb.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
11 Feb 2022 18:24
Pckfn23 wrote:
Good save!
Why can't we acknowledge and celebrate this award? (That he wouldn't have won vs. Joe Burrow)

Oh, it's not real, celebrating awards is dumb. And really, it's you guys who are dumb.
True, especially fake awards!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
11 Feb 2022 10:57
BF004 wrote:
11 Feb 2022 10:49
I can't think of any overlap between Hackett and Dom, so this is maybe a little surprising.
There is the direct link between Mike McCarthy and Paul Hackett. Could be something.
The link is Dom and their new DC both served on Packers staff circa 2016, I believe.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Feb 2022 18:27
BF004 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Good save!

Don't be like that. :(

Minny fans deserves all these warm and fuzzy feelings for winning these awards and more:

- Best purple uniforms
- Best logo with historically inaccurate helmet
- Most bird-killing stadium
- Silver medalists in NFC North
- Most guaranteed QB deal
- Best winning percentage for fired HC and GM of the year
- Best historic Super Bowl losing percentage

;)

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
11 Feb 2022 18:13
Pckfn23 wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Oh wait, I get it. There is no such award. This tells you one thing, I don't give a damn about NFL awards to players. They mean nothing. Oh but wait Rodger won the MVP (I'm sorry, the BEST QB of the year)award. And he's playing where this weekend? The same place Jefferson and Cousins are. Color me impressed.
If ya don't care about awards why bring up or comment on a player who didn't get one?

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

salmar80 wrote:
12 Feb 2022 00:41
Pckfn23 wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Minny fans deserves all these warm and fuzzy feelings for winning these awards and more:

- Best purple uniforms

;)
I might be mistaken about this, but they also are the only team, if I’m correct, that a player ran the wrong way for a TD.

<just light hearted stuff here…>
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Scott4Pack wrote:
12 Feb 2022 10:04
salmar80 wrote:
12 Feb 2022 00:41
Pckfn23 wrote:

- Best purple uniforms

;)
I might be mistaken about this, but they also are the only team, if I’m correct, that a player ran the wrong way for a TD.

<just light hearted stuff here…>
Tied for this with Buffalo. :)

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
12 Feb 2022 07:02
Raptorman wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

If ya don't care about awards why bring up or comment on a player who didn't get one?
Why? Because it was a dig at my team. Why was it even brought up? Oh yeah, because the Vikings have to try to make their team look good. Yoop, you were around for the glorious Packers of the '70s and '80s. What do you think will happen on these boards when the Packers are struggling for winning seasons as they did back then? And it's coming, it always does. Think the Packers will sit back and not promote the team? Most people here have only seen starting QB's for the Packers, that is going to change sooner than many think. If Rodgers retires or is traded, who starts? Is Love the next HOF QB? 2 in a row is lucky, 3? Name a team that has had 3 HOF QB's in a row.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
12 Feb 2022 11:05
Yoop wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

Why? Because it was a dig at my team. Why was it even brought up? Oh yeah, because the Vikings have to try to make their team look good. Yoop, you were around for the glorious Packers of the '70s and '80s. What do you think will happen on these boards when the Packers are struggling for winning seasons as they did back then? And it's coming, it always does. Think the Packers will sit back and not promote the team? Most people here have only seen starting QB's for the Packers, that is going to change sooner than many think. If Rodgers retires or is traded, who starts? Is Love the next HOF QB? 2 in a row is lucky, 3? Name a team that has had 3 HOF QB's in a row.
thing is this is not the same style of management as was the case back in the 70's and 80's, so the results era to ear are expected to be better.

hey if they had a trophy for best receiver in first two seasons I'd vote for JJ, I still think it was a monumental blunder that we didn't do whatever it would have taken to trade up for him, :thwap: If he was a Packer I'd brag him up too.

nothing wrong with awarding players for accomplishing goals, your just sore because your players aren't getting any, there has always been some bias with the voting, thats just human nature, better luck next year.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
12 Feb 2022 15:03
Raptorman wrote:
Yoop wrote:

thing is this is not the same style of management as was the case back in the 70's and 80's, so the results era to ear are expected to be better.

hey if they had a trophy for best receiver in first two seasons I'd vote for JJ, I still think it was a monumental blunder that we didn't do whatever it would have taken to trade up for him, :thwap: If he was a Packer I'd brag him up too.

nothing wrong with awarding players for accomplishing goals, your just sore because your players aren't getting any, there has always been some bias with the voting, thats just human nature, better luck next year.
There is only one award that counts in the NFL. All others are just BS based on someone's thoughts and feelings.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

BF004 wrote:
12 Feb 2022 15:06
Proof that if a few Packer fans drink enough schnapps they can actually write crappy music. :lol:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Raptorman wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

In all probability your team is going to win the NFC North next year whether Rodgers stays or is traded or retires. Unfortunately QB's do not win playoff games, Olines and Dlines and pass rushers and cornerbacks do. Unfortunately for you, your team overpaid for a QB too, but at least he will not be 39 years old next playoffs.