Rank the Roster 2020: #21

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who is the next best player on the Packers?

Poll ended at 02 Jun 2020 08:41

Jamaal Williams
12%
Billy Turner
29%
Devin Funchess
24%
Oren Burks
No votes
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
No votes
Equanimeous St. Brown
No votes
AJ Dillon
35%
Ka'Dar Hollman
No votes
Kingsley Keke
No votes
Raven Greene
No votes
Robert Tonyan
No votes
Josiah Deguara
No votes
Jon Runyan
No votes
Tyler Lancaster
No votes
Marcedes Lewis
No votes
Lane Taylor
No votes

Total votes: 17

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

BF004 wrote:
02 Jun 2020 11:06
Packfntk wrote:
02 Jun 2020 10:12
Wise Choice PH.com, Wise Choice.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Billy likely to play every snap this year. Can’t imagine anyone having the contribution he will likely have.

Definitely not sure I get voting RB3 ahead of him.
I went with Dillon because he has the upside to outplay this spot by quite a bit, and I think his bust risk is relatively low. I think he has an easy path to overtake Williams on the depth chart by the end of the year.

Turner is likely my next vote, though.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
02 Jun 2020 12:39
BF004 wrote:
Packfntk wrote:

Billy likely to play every snap this year. Can’t imagine anyone having the contribution he will likely have.

I went with Dillon because he has the upside to outplay this spot by quite a bit, and I think his bust risk is relatively low. I think he has an easy path to overtake Williams on the depth chart by the end of the year.

You dont draft a RB in the 2nd round to play him 3rd string. He starts over Williams day one.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
02 Jun 2020 12:40
Labrev wrote:
BF004 wrote:

You dont draft a RB in the 2nd round to play him 3rd string. He starts over Williams day one.
you wanna bet on that? put your money where your mouth is, I agree at some point Dillon will keep Williams on the bench, but it wont be day one unless we trade Williams.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

AJ Dillon will show what his value is and if he will get RB2 over Williams in August. If he looks to be the immediate runner we think and wish he can be in preseason then he will get those opportunities in the regular season.

He will get his opportunity too because I don't think Aaron Jones will play much during preseason games.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I don't think they will put him ahead of J-Will on Day 1, but that has more to do with the coach's preferences than whether or not Dillon would earn it. If he shows well enough, though, I agree they should.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
02 Jun 2020 13:44
AJ Dillon will show what his value is and if he will get RB2 over Williams in August. If he looks to be the immediate runner we think and wish he can be in preseason then he will get those opportunities in the regular season.

He will get his opportunity too because I don't think Aaron Jones will play much during preseason games.
ya know it's easy to say he will get his chances to run and show if he is ready in PS, Jenkins played in every PS game too, he still didn't start till,,,, what the 5th game? this aint so much if Dillon can run, it's about all the other stuff, the blocking assignments and stuff like that, to think Dillon is going to pick all that stuff up in a couple PS games is just not natural, what happens when he pooches a play and it cost us points, or a missed block and Rodgers is hurt and looses games? I know these reality's don't belong in this talent eval, but I don't want this kid rushed into action, the worst thing you can do is put a rookie in before he understands his assignments, and he screws up and the screw up is bad enough that it breaks his confidence, now your back to almost square one.

Williams again just like a few other players is not a terrible #2 positional player, not by a long shot, so easing Dillon in dependent on his assignment ability is my choice and that drops him a couple slots for me.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I'm not. But, you guys are.

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

BF004 wrote:
Packfntk wrote:

Well that is simple, many think he will be the RB2, and he will get a lot of touches on the ball this season. His TD upside is big too. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out, but I think AJD will be a top 12-15 player on this board vote next season.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
02 Jun 2020 13:18
lupedafiasco wrote:
02 Jun 2020 12:40
Labrev wrote:

you wanna bet on that? put your money where your mouth is, I agree at some point Dillon will keep Williams on the bench, but it wont be day one unless we trade Williams.
Please. I wipe my ass with the money you got :rotf:
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
02 Jun 2020 14:31
go pak go wrote:
02 Jun 2020 13:44

ya know it's easy to say he will get his chances to run and show if he is ready in PS, Jenkins played in every PS game too, he still didn't start till,,,, what the 5th game? this aint so much if Dillon can run, it's about all the other stuff, the blocking assignments and stuff like that, to think Dillon is going to pick all that stuff up in a couple PS games is just not natural, what happens when he pooches a play and it cost us points, or a missed block and Rodgers is hurt and looses games? I know these reality's don't belong in this talent eval, but I don't want this kid rushed into action, the worst thing you can do is put a rookie in before he understands his assignments, and he screws up and the screw up is bad enough that it breaks his confidence, now your back to almost square one.

Williams again just like a few other players is not a terrible #2 positional player, not by a long shot, so easing Dillon in dependent on his assignment ability is my choice and that drops him a couple slots for me.
Exactly. I think you will be able to tell pretty quick if Dillon belongs in August. RBs do have pass protection responsibilities in preseason too. If Dillon shows he can handle it in preseason games and shows he can handle it in training camp....why wouldn't you trust that in a game?

And Jenkins got in the game week 2 vs Minnesota and never missed a snap after that.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packfntk wrote:
02 Jun 2020 14:51
BF004 wrote:
Packfntk wrote:

Well that is simple, many think he will be the RB2, and he will get a lot of touches on the ball this season. His TD upside is big too. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out, but I think AJD will be a top 12-15 player on this board vote next season.
Yes, next season I will consider voting for him 12-15, if we don’t resign Aaron Jones, over a starting offensive lineman.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

BF004 wrote:
02 Jun 2020 20:16
Packfntk wrote:
02 Jun 2020 14:51
BF004 wrote:

Yes, next season I will consider voting for him 12-15, if we don’t resign Aaron Jones, over a starting offensive lineman.
I didn't realize we were setting the starting lineup here.... :lol:
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!