What Are You Watching?

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Final episodes of Ozark stream Friday. Between the draft and family stuff, I won't get to watch until next week. But excited to see how it ends.

#teamRuth
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
27 Apr 2022 06:48
APB wrote:
26 Apr 2022 21:26
Better Call Saul final season.

Three episodes in and it’s reeeaaal good.
Jesus, episode 3 put me on my ass.
Me too. You knew it was coming but didn’t see that coming.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Ug, you guys are gunna make me watch the final season eventually.

If it’s as dry as the first few seasons. I’m gunna be pist at you guys.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
27 Apr 2022 21:35
NCF wrote:
27 Apr 2022 06:48
APB wrote:
26 Apr 2022 21:26
Better Call Saul final season.

Three episodes in and it’s reeeaaal good.
Jesus, episode 3 put me on my ass.
Me too. You knew it was coming but didn’t see that coming.
Just watched it. Damn. So good.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Finished Ozark. So what's the verdict? Like it or no?
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
08 May 2022 14:39
Still have four more to go.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
Finished it last night.

It wasn’t the way I wanted it to end but it is in-line with how I guessed it would end. That’s all I’ll say, for now, to allow others to watch without getting into any spoilers.

As far as like/dislike, I enjoyed it all the way through although I will say I just wish the writers would have taken a more realistic approach with how the final big events occurred.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Most of this thread is about tv, but just saw Top Gun: Maverick today (finally used the two free tickets I had from 2019). It is incredible. Maybe the best sequel of any movie ever. They honored the original story (and soundtrack) and expanded on it (including Peggy, the admirals daughter mentioned twice in the original). The flight scenes are similar but even a little better (makes you marvel at how they did the flight scenes in the original, during filming in 1984 or 85 - movie came out May 16, 1986). From what info I have read it seems like the military was a lot less cooperative with this movie than the first related to things that would make the flught scenes better. It doesn't quite have the 80's romanticism of the original, but different times. The acting itself is much better in the new one.

I didn't, but if you can watch it on the larger screen with Atmos sound do it. I might go back in a few weeks to do so.

I bought the original and new one bundle on Vudu already (not released streaming yet but it is a pre-sale).

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
09 May 2022 15:21
paco wrote:
Finished it last night.

It wasn’t the way I wanted it to end but it is in-line with how I guessed it would end. That’s all I’ll say, for now, to allow others to watch without getting into any spoilers.

As far as like/dislike, I enjoyed it all the way through although I will say I just wish the writers would have taken a more realistic approach with how the final big events occurred.
I think the end was too "this is what you don't want to happen so that is what we are going to have happen". You also kind of have your evolution of villains in these shows. BCS has done it perfectly. Ozark was on the perfect path through 3 seasons, but all that stuff with the nephew and sister pissed me off. I assume that is what you were getting at with the realism comment. I liked it, but the final season was a bit of a bummer compared to the rest of the show.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

paco wrote:
I thought the message was deeply cynical and nihilistic. I guess if that's the story they wanted to tell, cool, they succeeded. 'Not for me, I guess. The story was coherent, not a GoT-caliber ending that drove the narrative and character development into a ditch in ways that didn't make any sense, but there was also nothing really that special about it, either. I certainly didn't like what they did with one particular fan favorite, but my issues with it run deeper.

Just very meh on it.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Some Finns made a pretty good video about what an ayahuasca trip is like,

Funnily it's in English, with Finnish subtitles that may seem psychedelic, but are not.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Better Call Saul finale was very good. I like the ending, which is rare for me.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
15 Aug 2022 22:15
I've been saving the previous two episodes to watch along with the finale all at once. Tonight is the night!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
15 Aug 2022 22:15
It was going to be tough to meet my expectations for all the different ways they could have went. I think it was OK, but I think it came up a little bit short for me. We were told that Walt and Jesse would not come back just to make cameos, but that is what it ended up feeling like to me. Maybe once the dust settles I will be fine with everything. Like I said, I pretty much knew it would not meet my expectations because I expected the world. I loved the show and its tough to come to the realization that we have reached the end.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Finished BCS last night.

I was happy with how the producers ended it. I also felt more of a cameo presence of Jesse and Walt. I didn't recognize the context of the scene where Saul and Walt had their conversation about regret. Was that pulled from an episode of BB and I'm just not remembering or was that all original to BCS?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
17 Aug 2022 06:29
Was that pulled from an episode of BB and I'm just not remembering or was that all original to BCS?
It was original. Walt and Saul had their time in Ed's basement together in BB, but it was a completely different tone and circumstances.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Anyone watch The Umbrella Academy?

I enjoyed the hell out of it, was excited for their latest season and it somehow exceeded my expectations.

I should have figured I was in for a treat given that this was how they started (benign spoiler)...
Spoiler
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
19 Aug 2022 17:04
Anyone watch The Umbrella Academy?

I enjoyed the hell out of it, was excited for their latest season and it somehow exceeded my expectations.

I should have figured I was in for a treat given that this was how they started (benign spoiler)...
Spoiler
I’m on season 2. Enjoying it.

Side note: appreciate you using the spoiler tool.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Anyone watch House of the Dragon Ep. 1?