Round 7 (242) - Jonathan Garvin, EDGE Miami

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Round 7 (242) - Jonathan Garvin, EDGE Miami

Post by NCF »

That's all she wrote, ladies & gents.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Traits-based edge defender capable of playing 4-3 end or 3-4 rush linebacker. Garvin's strong 2018 was followed up with inconsistent effort and an inability to stamp his presence on games with much consistency. He gains depth upfield quickly and is fairly natural at defeating the punch and flipping the corner. Pressures are nice, but sack-makers get paid and that won't happen unless he cranks up the effort and plays to his traits and potential. Garvin has Day 2 talent, but may not go until Day 3. However, there might be gold to mine if a coach can get it out of him.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Wow, Garvin if I recall correctly is considered a high upside player with nice pedigree. Was supposed to be more than he was at Miami. I'll have to refresh my memory. But a nice late round stash and give it a try

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Apr 2020 17:32
Wow, Garvin if I recall correctly is considered a high upside player with nice pedigree. Was supposed to be more than he was at Miami. I'll have to refresh my memory. But a nice late round stash and give it a try
Yes he is for sure your "take a flyer on a ridiculously talented player who didn't put it together"

Not bad position actually. He and Greg Roberts can battle it out for that 4th OLB spot.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Looks to have a good build and athleticism.

Hopefully can challenge Gary for that third rusher role.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

He'll be going from hot Miami to the frozen tundra. Garvin will have to get the lead out just to keep warm.
Love is the answer…

bobsacamano
Reactions:

Post by bobsacamano »

bud fox wrote:
25 Apr 2020 17:45

Hopefully?

What kind of a Packer fan wants Gary to do poorly enough that he'll get challenged by a rookie 7th rounder?

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

bobsacamano wrote:
23 Jun 2020 14:50
bud fox wrote:

Hopefully?

What kind of a Packer fan wants Gary to do poorly enough that he'll get challenged by a rookie 7th rounder?
Good question. Garvin is PS material if he can find some fire for the belly. Hopefully his degree is marketable

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

bobsacamano wrote:
23 Jun 2020 14:50
bud fox wrote:

Hopefully?

'Hope' - at the time after the draft all I had left was hope.