It was a rope for pulling the garage door shut.

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

It was a rope for pulling the garage door shut.

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

So Bubba was not the target of a hate crime. Several doors in the Nascar garage facility have the same exact rope on the garage doors. Holy over reaction.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Yeah, someone should have looked into this a tiny bit and they would have found the answer right away before taking it public and causing a bunch of drama. Glad that was all it was.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

No the stupidity of the outrage was like they lit the torches too early ready to burn it down over an over reaction.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

This is not a political issue it is a commentary on society

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Police brutality: ...zzZZzz...
Hoax: REAL &%$@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Packfntk wrote:
23 Jun 2020 17:11
Yeah, someone should have looked into this a tiny bit and they would have found the answer right away before taking it public and causing a bunch of drama. Glad that was all it was.
This.

All they had to do was look at other garages. They are all next to each other. Often they are in the same garage just with different garage doors for the specific cars to enter. Why did no other driver or crew member speak out and say: "hey, we have that same rope in our garage, it is to close the door."? :idn: :dunno:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Whenever it happened, one of the top trending terms was "Jussie Smollett". I think everyone could tell it was obviously a hoax. Glad the FBI came in and nipped this thing in the bud before Bubba Smollett became a leader of a movement.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

wallyuwl wrote:
24 Jun 2020 00:10
Packfntk wrote:
23 Jun 2020 17:11
This.

All they had to do was look at other garages. They are all next to each other. Often they are in the same garage just with different garage doors for the specific cars to enter. Why did no other driver or crew member speak out and say: "hey, we have that same rope in our garage, it is to close the door."? :idn: :dunno:
I think they already knew. I think they chose to pretend.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah, THAT is a noose...

Moral to the story: never trust the FBI.
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I couldn’t imagine a dumber thing to spend time on then debating this. Already knowing magically which side everyone here will be on and also magically knowing nobody will change their mind.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Labrev wrote:
25 Jun 2020 21:38
Yeah, THAT is a noose...

Yeah, It's a noose. Been there for anywhere from 1-2 years. The garage was randomly assigned. So, no hate crime. So, the FBI was correct, it was not a hate crime directed at Wallace. Tell the whole story, not the politically driven one.

BTW, a noose is one of the easiest knots to untie. Grab hold of the rope that is wrapped around, and pull, the knot will untie itself.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

OK, boomer.
—Magneto

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Labrev wrote:
Yeah, THAT is a noose...

Camera angles bruh

I don't trust the FBI, but also you should never trust the media. There have been too many hoaxes to count in the last few years. I mean, if you took all of the ones which have gone viral, it's probably a majority fake, which is insane.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Labrev wrote:
25 Jun 2020 23:50
OK, boomer.
You calling Tex a boomer? That is so wrong it is ignorant.

Mendeleev
Reactions:

Post by Mendeleev »

Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
26 Jun 2020 07:25
Labrev wrote:
25 Jun 2020 23:50
OK, boomer.
You calling Tex a boomer? That is so wrong it is ignorant.
Labrev's post is after Raptorman's post.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

My bad. But still calling that knot to be offensive and directed at Bubba, who never saw it, and because of the virus was never going to be in the garage to see it is a long reach. The fact that the knot was in place last year and garage stall placement is random on race week backs up that this was a hoax.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

texas wrote:
26 Jun 2020 02:20
Labrev wrote:
Yeah, THAT is a noose...

Camera angles bruh

I don't trust the FBI, but also you should never trust the media. There have been too many hoaxes to count in the last few years. I mean, if you took all of the ones which have gone viral, it's probably a majority fake, which is insane.
Is that really the same place? I don't see any resemblance; "different angle" doesn't quite explain it.

Even if this is a hoax, lynchings still take place at an unacceptable (i.e. >0) rate, with far worse material consequences than hoaxes.
—Magneto

Mendeleev
Reactions:

Post by Mendeleev »

texas wrote:
26 Jun 2020 02:20
Labrev wrote:
Yeah, THAT is a noose...

Camera angles bruh

The camera angle just straight up made a wall disappear. Weird.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
25 Jun 2020 22:06
I couldn’t imagine a dumber thing to spend time on then debating this. Already knowing magically which side everyone here will be on and also magically knowing nobody will change their mind.
Damn I’m good. Can’t believe I was able to predict who was on what side of this trivial debate before it even began.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Charon and (it pains me to say) Mendeleev are correct. Not the same garage apparently.

Here is a way more in-depth investigation that includes supposed pictures of his actual garage: https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... -evidence/

Definitely the viral one going around is still a camera angle trick it seems.

I'm not even sure white supremacists make nooses anymore, or Nazis paint swastikas. Seems like every high profile case is a hoax.