Green Bay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings GDT - 9/13 - 12:00 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Raptorman wrote:
11 Sep 2020 05:15
BF004 wrote:
10 Sep 2020 18:18
Oh yeah, Justin Jefferson couldn’t beat out Olabisi 🤣
The question is this. Is that a reflection on Jefferson being bad and Johnson getting better or Jefferson just not being good? Time will tell.
They're probably both fine, but it has to be said honestly that WR beyond Theilan remains a huge question mark for the team, and it gets a lot less national consternation and dissection than the Packers' WR situation for no apparent reason.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Sep 2020 08:43
Raptorman wrote:
BF004 wrote:
10 Sep 2020 18:18
Oh yeah, Justin Jefferson couldn’t beat out Olabisi 🤣
The question is this. Is that a reflection on Jefferson being bad and Johnson getting better or Jefferson just not being good? Time will tell.
They're probably both fine, but it has to be said honestly that WR beyond Theilan remains a huge question mark for the team, and it gets a lot less national consternation and dissection than the Packers' WR situation for no apparent reason.
The reason is simple. Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers hasn't performed from a statistical or eye-test standpoint the last few years to what we are used to and there has to be an explanation as to why. Clearly it must be the WRs!

Meanwhile, MN by and large was viewed as a game managing and defense first team that does not rely on their pass catchers (which is also not true as they had great pass catchers the past 3 years).

Finally, we have visually seen the Packers passing game struggle the last 5 years outside of some sick passing plays in 2015, a 6 game stretch in 2016 and 4 game stretch in 2019.

We haven't really visibly seen this yet with MN. We haven't seen the WRs struggles because they had Theilen and Diggs.This year we will see that struggle and that will remind people quick about MN's poor WR corps.

Those are some of my theories.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
11 Sep 2020 08:53
Clearly it must be the WRs!
Finally some recognition of reality, I'am so proud of you now boyson :aok: :lol: :lol:

I wanted Jeffereson in this draft class, and I'am sure he'll be a huge part of Minny's offense, that other wide out wont bench him for long

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
11 Sep 2020 11:04
go pak go wrote:
Clearly it must be the WRs!
Finally some recognition of reality, I'am so proud of you now boyson :aok: :lol: :lol:

I wanted Jeffereson in this draft class, and I'am sure he'll be a huge part of Minny's offense, that other wide out wont bench him for long
I'm just really excited to hear the argument of WRs when Rodgers kicks a$$ this year.

Here is my prediction.
"it was always evident of the talent in the WR. Everyone could see it. But how can you expect a 5th and 6th round pick to come in right away perform during their first two years? lis, you use your premium draft picks on players you expect to prodcuce immediately."
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Here's ACME with their take on the game

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/by-t ... n-cousins?

"Green Bay did a nice job against Minnesota last season, and if anything, the changes the Vikings made should make them an even easier matchup. They still have no answer for Kenny Clark, they’re lighter where they need to be heavier, their corners have virtually no experience, and their old men managers are likely to run the ball too much, while taking away Kirk Cousins’ most efficient play.

I suspect Sunday will be a fun one."

IT. IS. TIME

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Basaraski with the hype :guitar:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packers LB Randy Ramsey (groin) has been ruled out while DE Montravius Adams (toe) and OL Billy Turner (knee) are unlikely to play after being listed as doubtful. S Raven Greene (quadricep) is questionable.

The Vikings expect everyone on the active roster to be available on Sunday.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
11 Sep 2020 17:34
Packers LB Randy Ramsey (groin) has been ruled out while DE Montravius Adams (toe) and OL Billy Turner (knee) are unlikely to play after being listed as doubtful. S Raven Greene (quadricep) is questionable.

I'm honestly surprised Turner is listed as doubtful given how uptight MLF has been about not revealing anything about who is likely to play where throughout camp. Questionable could have kept the mystery alive.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

go pak go wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Sep 2020 08:43
Raptorman wrote:

T
We haven't really visibly seen this yet with MN. We haven't seen the WRs struggles because they had Theilen and Diggs.This year we will see that struggle and that will remind people quick about MN's poor WR corps.

Those are some of my theories.
How well did that theory hold up last year when Thielen was out for 6 games?

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

BF004 wrote:
11 Sep 2020 17:34

Is anyone actually surprised that Adams isn't ready to go?

I feel like I've been waiting a decade for this dude to make something happen on the line.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (730.71 KiB) Viewed 491 times
Chris Meyers and Greg Jennings will be reporting.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Aaron Rodgers is 6-3-1 against the Mike Zimmer Vikings, including 0-1-1 during their crappy '18 season and 6-2 in the other four seasons (none in the crappy '17 season due to injuries).

The Packers with Rodgers and MLF are 2-0 against the Vikings.

The Vikings have had the best home field advantage in the NFL against the spread since they opened their new stadium. With no fans, there is a good be that advantage is reduced.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
11 Sep 2020 21:04
image.png

I expect Jennings to be heavily biased but ultimately I think he will be a pretty good caster when not on a Packers game. He’s a great speaker and has experience at a high level to bring to the game.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

The vikings have not made the playoffs 2 years in a row since Childress was the HC. The vikings will have a down year and the down will start with a week 1 loss. I expect the Packers to run up the middle a lot. We will also see how good theilen is when he gets doubled, god knows he can not block.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Sep 2020 22:34
go pak go wrote:
image.png

I expect Jennings to be heavily biased but ultimately I think he will be a pretty good caster when not on a Packers game. He’s a great speaker and has experience at a high level to bring to the game.
He sucks. He is boring, he seems unprepared, he trips over his speech a lot. He may be made to be a talking head where everyone can just yell over one another, but he is NOT a TV Analyst.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
12 Sep 2020 07:41
lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Sep 2020 22:34
go pak go wrote:
image.png

He sucks. He is boring, he seems unprepared, he trips over his speech a lot. He may be made to be a talking head where everyone can just yell over one another, but he is NOT a TV Analyst.
I disagree. I think he could be fantastic and we all loved him when he was a Packer.

The unfortunate decision he made is he seemed to only find his value when it was a story to negatively reflect Rodgers. He sold his character and future honestly to Colin Cowherd which was not smart on his end at all.

Time may be able to heal this, but when I look at Jennings, I feel really bad because he could have been a rockstar for local Packers stuff and go onto a FOX or something.

For instance, I think Jennings would have been fantstic as a color analyst for preseason games. Certainly better than the Lofton.
Yoop wrote:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

NCF wrote:
12 Sep 2020 07:41
He sucks. He is boring, he seems unprepared, he trips over his speech a lot.
I thought his debut was so abysmal that he'd never do another game - and I was glad about that. Jennings does have the cash and access to broadcaster school, so maybe he's improved. But he was absolutely mute- button bad

He's not very bright, he's not quick witted, he doesn't know how to share the finer points - which is why he's there. As far as tripping over his words, it seemed like he was given a list of 10 "intelligent sounding" words and then he forced them into his analysis one by one
- The people I was watching with said:

" Dear Greg, I don't think that word means what you think it means"

Now some of that may be the TV peeps coaching him, but he was way out over his skis and it created the opposite impression. Instead of making him sound smarter, all it did was highlight how out of his league he was. Let him be Greg and if that isn't good enough, pick somebody else.

We'll see if he's improved on Sunday, but I ain't exactly looking forward to his contributions.
IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
12 Sep 2020 09:33
For instance, I think Jennings would have been fantstic as a color analyst for preseason games. Certainly better than the Lofton.
That is a pretty low bar. I hold no ill will against Jennings. I actually still like the guy, even when he does the CowTurd stuff. I just listened to of his broadcasts he did, as an analyst, when the Packers were playing, and came away less than impressed. I don't think he is meant for that gig.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
12 Sep 2020 11:46
go pak go wrote:
12 Sep 2020 09:33
That is a pretty low bar. I hold no ill will against Jennings. I actually still like the guy, even when he does the CowTurd stuff. I just listened to of his broadcasts he did, as an analyst, when the Packers were playing, and came away less than impressed. I don't think he is meant for that gig.
Honestly it is a low bar.

But I think everyone after Aikman/Buck, Collinsworth/Micahels, Romo/Nantz (and Nantz is not meant for football) is really bad.

I think Goose Johnson is pretty good. I think Schlereth is pretty good. But overall I have a very low opinion of game callers after your premier guys.

Edit: I see Schlereth is now doing FOX games this year. (I think he did occasionally in years past too). That's good. So it is kind of weird they put Jennings with us since we are the premier game. Likely did it because he is familiar with both teams.

I always thought ESPN made a mistake by not putting Schlereth in the Monday Night Football both. He is better than any other mistake they have put up there for color analysts.
Yoop wrote:

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Greg Jennings might be the most nauseating person on sports talk television.

And let me tell you, there's a lot of bad ones.

I've also never seen a dude so salty over a former player/team before.

.... and that's also saying something.
RIP JustJeff