2022 Playoff Picture

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Raptorman wrote:
06 Dec 2022 09:30
BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2022 07:38
I think we have enough threads where the same 5 people can say how bad we are every other post. We all get it, we honestly do.

This thread is for the playoff picture, not just Packers. Think we can discuss that for more than 10 posts without thread being hijacked with the exact same discussion as every other thread?

And no, discussing possibilities for Packers is not a sign we are living in fantasy land or wearing green and gold colored glasses, or have any expectation of the packers even sniffing the playoffs. It is simply a discussion some clearly find enjoyable and some of us prefer being informed on topics.
Think that's bad. Over on my Vikings forum, we have a 66-page thread on why the Viking's 10-2 record is fraudulent. Mainly because they haven't "blown out" anyone. And no, apparently the win over the Pack isn't considered a blowout. Sometime people just can't be happy.
The truth is it doesn't matter if you win by 1 or 100. Getting the W is all that's important. The Vikes have had a lot of things go their way but as in any sport you need a little luck to be where they are. After securing the playoffs you gotta get hot. In 2011 we went 15-1 and had the #1 seed. But we played like crap against the Gmen in the divisional round and our fun season ended in a thud.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Queens peaking too soon. Dallas, SF, and Philly are the real contenders

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

APB wrote:
06 Dec 2022 12:39
My money says the Bucs get squashed by the 49ers this week despite playing their 3rd string QB. A weeks supply of internets for any takers…
How much is a week's supply of internets worth? About 63 Rubles? :lol:

You're right though, the Bucs should lose.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
06 Dec 2022 10:24
Labrev wrote:
06 Dec 2022 10:03
Raptorman wrote:
06 Dec 2022 09:30
Over on my Vikings forum, we have a 66-page thread on why the Viking's 10-2 record is fraudulent. Mainly because they haven't "blown out" anyone.
I hadn't considered if the Vikings are frauds, and was not aware that they haven't blown out anyone yet.

Now I am convinced that they are frauds, for that reason. Thanks, Reptar's forum! :mrgreen:
What's a blowout? Apparently, the Vikings beating the Packers by 16 isn't, but, with other teams, 12 points is a blowout. Just another double standard.
you shouldn't expect Packer fans to show your team any respect at all, they can't even drub up respect for there own team, some here are rooting for the team to lose.

Seems like we had to win some close games to win the last SB, actually I think that builds just as many winning teams as blowout wins do, good luck to your team Raptor. :beer2:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
06 Dec 2022 12:39
BF004 wrote: My NFC betting odds might go:
Bucs, Cowboys, Eagles, Vikings, 9ers, the 3 wild card teams with bad QBs.
There is NO WAY I’m putting the Bucs that high. Their defense, while good, is not good enough to carry that offense. That offense is that bad, despite the talent, and it’s mostly Brady. Don’t be fooled by last night’s comeback fueled by a defensive collapse by the Saints.

My money says the Bucs get squashed by the 49ers this week despite playing their 3rd string QB. A weeks supply of internets for any takers…
To each their own, not betting against the best D, a talented O, good running backs and TB12.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2022 10:20

I really don’t think Vikings are good
Spot on.
According to the fine folks at Football Outsiders, the Packers are ranked 15th and the vikings are ranked 20th. That's wonderful news because the Eagles are likely gonna get the number 1 seed and if the Packers weasel their way into the playoffs - we'll be playing the over-inflated vikes and potentially ending their "magical" season.

Go Packers
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA wrote:
06 Dec 2022 15:23
BF004 wrote:

Spot on.
According to the fine folks at Football Outsiders, the Packers are ranked 15th and the vikings are ranked 20th. That's wonderful news because the Eagles are likely gonna get the number 1 seed and if the Packers weasel their way into the playoffs - we'll be playing the over-inflated vikes and potentially ending their "magical" season.

Go Packers
Short of still backing into a super bowl somehow, sneaking in and eliminating the Vikings would turn this into a very satisfying year. 😛

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

BSA wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Spot on.

Go Packers
Yup. The Vikings suck. The problem with PFF and others is they can't explain how the Vikings with their crappy DVOA went 3-1 against 4 teams in the top 5 DVOA's the last 4 weeks.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2022 15:44
BSA wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Spot on.

Go Packers
Short of still backing into a super bowl somehow, sneaking in and eliminating the Vikings would turn this into a very satisfying year. 😛
Now you sound like a Vikings fan
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
06 Dec 2022 13:25
Raptorman wrote:
Labrev wrote:

I hadn't considered if the Vikings are frauds, and was not aware that they haven't blown out anyone yet.

Now I am convinced that they are frauds, for that reason. Thanks, Reptar's forum! :mrgreen:
What's a blowout? Apparently, the Vikings beating the Packers by 16 isn't, but, with other teams, 12 points is a blowout. Just another double standard.
you shouldn't expect Packer fans to show your team any respect at all, they can't even drub up respect for there own team, some here are rooting for the team to lose.

Seems like we had to win some close games to win the last SB, actually I think that builds just as many winning teams as blowout wins do, good luck to your team Raptor. :beer2:
Packer fans giving the Vikings respect? I wouldn't expect it.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Says you. I say that YOU are rooting for the Packers to go 2-15 for the next 2 seasons behind Rodgers and !@#$ off Love and half the team so badly that Love and those teammates that cannot stand losing with Rodgers cannot be resigned at any price.

And in 2 or 4 years, Love will be the MVP that matters. SB MVP. But not as a Packer

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
07 Dec 2022 05:59
Yoop wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

Says you. I say that YOU are rooting for the Packers to go 2-15 for the next 2 seasons behind Rodgers and !@#$ off Love and half the team so badly that Love and those teammates that cannot stand losing with Rodgers cannot be resigned at any price.

And in 2 or 4 years, Love will be the MVP that matters. SB MVP. But not as a Packer
and I say if Love doesn't want to wait another year then we should trade him, but that wont happen, Love has not proven himself enough yet to get more then his 5th year option on the open market, maybe we'll see that in the future, maybe not, Rodgers might play every snap in the next 4 games, and no one will leave here because Rodgers is the QB, unlike you and some others here they also respect who Rodgers is, and come here to play with him, the only thing they know about Love is he is a excellent clip board holder

whats mind boggling is you have more respect for the unknown ability of Love then you do a 1st ballet HOF 4 time MVP QB do to a down year when most of the team under performed.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
07 Dec 2022 07:13

and no one will leave here because Rodgers is the QB, unlike you and some others here they also respect who Rodgers is, and come here to play with him, the only thing they know about Love is he is a excellent clip board holder
Exactly who are these players who ended up coming like Rodgers has publicly stated people want to come and play for him? Seems like every time we had a shot of a guy at "going for a ring" they chose Brady or some other team.

The one guy I think you could make an argument for is Mercedes Lewis did decide to come back. Could also argue Aaron Jones though I don't know if Rodgers was even the 2nd variable there.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
07 Dec 2022 08:11
Yoop wrote:

and no one will leave here because Rodgers is the QB, unlike you and some others here they also respect who Rodgers is, and come here to play with him, the only thing they know about Love is he is a excellent clip board holder
Exactly who are these players who ended up coming like Rodgers has publicly stated people want to come and play for him? Seems like every time we had a shot of a guy at "going for a ring" they chose Brady or some other team.

The one guy I think you could make an argument for is Mercedes Lewis did decide to come back. Could also argue Aaron Jones though I don't know if Rodgers was even the 2nd variable there.
the point is NO ONE LEFT because Rodgers is the QB, and NO one ever will, it was a bull &%$@ comment from a disgruntled Rodgers hater

you could say Z and Presten or even Amos, or Bahk or any other player to resign to stay here did so because Rodgers was the QB which translates to a path to the SB, Clark, Cobb, Lazard, these players are here because they believe in Rodgers.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
07 Dec 2022 08:28
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

the point is NO ONE LEFT because Rodgers is the QB, and NO one ever will, it was a bull &%$@ comment from a disgruntled Rodgers hater

you could say Z and Presten or even Amos, or Bahk or any other player to resign to stay here did so because Rodgers was the QB which translates to a path to the SB, Clark, Cobb, Lazard, these players are here because they believe in Rodgers.
It would be very, very hard to point at a player and say, "I left because I didn't want to play with him". Players just don't do that. People just don't do that.

Players sign at places primarily due to money and how they like the culture, closeness to home, etc.

I think a very strong argument could be made that Rodgers contract (especially 2021 and beyond) made things very complicated and we lost players like Z and Adams as a result.

But the list of players who would "quit" on the Packers because Jordan Love is the QB is likely very, very small. And their importance to any substantial success with Rodgers aboard could also be argued heavily because 2022 has shown that any presence from a guy like Lewis or Tonyan etc. didn't move our bottom line at all.

The only guy who I could say was a partial link to Rodgers was Bakh. But even he was all about money.

Z said it was about the money
Preston said it was about the money
Amos said it was about the money
Bakh said he wanted to be the highest paid LT and was given that money (worst contract in our history)
Lazard had no other choice
Cobb was done on a trade and was a pretty expensive minimal impact player

I don't think Rodgers has this pull that some have liked to hope he would have.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
07 Dec 2022 08:36
Yoop wrote:
07 Dec 2022 08:28
go pak go wrote:

It would be very, very hard to point at a player and say, "I left because I didn't want to play with him". Players just don't do that. People just don't do that.

Players sign at places primarily due to money and how they like the culture, closeness to home, etc.

I think a very strong argument could be made that Rodgers contract (especially 2021 and beyond) made things very complicated and we lost players like Z and Adams as a result.

But the list of players who would "quit" on the Packers because Jordan Love is the QB is likely very, very small. And their importance to any substantial success with Rodgers aboard could also be argued heavily because 2022 has shown that any presence from a guy like Lewis or Tonyan etc. didn't move our bottom line at all.

The only guy who I could say was a partial link to Rodgers was Bakh. But even he was all about money.

Z said it was about the money
Preston said it was about the money
Amos said it was about the money
Bakh said he wanted to be the highest paid LT and was given that money (worst contract in our history)
Lazard had no other choice
Cobb was done on a trade and was a pretty expensive minimal impact player

I don't think Rodgers has this pull that some have liked to hope he would have.
If you don't thing Rodgers being our QB didn't entice Z or other players to stay or sign on as UFA with us, I wont try and change your mind.
and I'd like to see evidence that Amos and others said it was strictly about the money, because I doubt that very much, and you calling Bahk contract the worst ever shows how young you are, ever heard of John Hadl, we have made many very good decisions as a team and also plenty of bad ones, Bahks contract is somewhere in the middle, if ya had a mind to I expect Woodson didn't consider Favre according to your way of thinking either.

ya know what floats my boat, it's our GM and HC said to the media, we will strive to WIN every remaining game this season, and also hinted they've seen enough of Love to believe he can be a starting QB in this league, however, Rodgers is still our starting QB now and for 23 if he is willing to stay.

and most fans I talk to agree, most here as well, Rodgers is a lot better then he was able to be this season, and Love may never be a better option.

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

1) San Francisco 15.8 points allowed per game.

3) Dallas 17.2 ppg.

5) Tampa Bay 18.2 ppg.

7) Philadelphia 18.8 ppg.

It is almost always the case that only teams with top 10 scoring defenses and at least some semblance of offense go to Super Bowls, which is why I was (foolishly) so excited about the prospect of the Packers having one this season. (Mahomes has been so good in KC that he has defied this trend twice).

The NFC representative will be of the four teams listed above.

Green Bay's defense has been beyond disappointing in 2022 and currently comes in at #20 giving up 23.2 ppg.

Guess which team that wears purple, has never won a Super Bowl, and has not even been to a Super Bowl in over 40 years is right behind at #21 giving up 23.3 ppg?

Skol!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

LombardiTime wrote:
07 Dec 2022 11:41
Green Bay's defense has been beyond disappointing in 2022 and currently comes in at #20 giving up 23.2 ppg.

Guess which team that wears purple, has never won a Super Bowl, and has not even been to a Super Bowl in over 40 years is right behind at #21 giving up 23.3 ppg?

Skol!
:lol: :rotf: :beer2:

Thanks for doing your rightful duty as a Packer fan and pointing that out...

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

I don't get the bitterness in this thread lately? :idn: The teams are what they are. Packers suck and Queens have a good record but are not a team that will do much in the playoffs; teams that need to win a lot of close games, yet also get blown out (by Dallas, Buffalo) and have below average defenses, just don't get it done in January.

For all of the above, it is just how it is.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
07 Dec 2022 13:10
I don't get the bitterness in this thread lately? :idn: The teams are what they are. Packers suck and Queens have a good record but are not a team that will do much in the playoffs; teams that need to win a lot of close games, yet also get blown out (by Dallas, Buffalo) and have below average defenses, just don't get it done in January.

For all of the above, it is just how it is.
any given Sunday, :nono: every season a team that sucks according to some people get it together and finish strong, why can't that happen with us?

and the vikings are top 10 with both offense and defense, just because they've failed in the past is no predictor concerning the remainder of this season, I'll tell ya what, if where eliminated I'am becoming a closet Viking fan, the Vikes are as deserving as any team in the league for more then just a division trophy.

does that make me lesser a Packer fan? hardly, for years now I've said, the better the North, the better the best team will be, one of the reasons we fail to finish is because we are the best of a weak division, and usually win by 2 scores, that alone makes players complacent, we get to the PO's barely battle tested and lose because of it.

so I disagree with the premise that teams that only win by a 1 score margins are actually weak teams, imo if ya have to battle hard till the very end of every game it conditions a team to never take anything for granted, never take the foot off the gas.

I think I'd rather finish a season over achieving, over coming poor odds with nail biting 3 point victory's because it tells the players Winning isn't easy specially in the PO's, then 2 score wins that tells players they are better then they are, then in the PO's they get depants by teams they'd normally beat by 2 scores, sound familiar? :hail: